Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Pickett, Bolton

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Jack Martin underwent a medical with Fremantle.
God, please no.

Why would we want an injury prone 29 yo small forward?

Can anyone make a case for Jack Martin?

Three games in a year and missing out now due to a hamstring problem.

He doesn’t do midfield time, has limited defensive pressure so I don’t get why he’s doing a medical.
Massively overrated. Skinny, medium forward not a small. Slow and isn’t great defensively

So Shai, Kosi and Martin all involved in Walters boxing last year.

All linked with us this year.

Walters clearly has written into his contract a clause that allows bonuses for talent coming in!
When he does finish next year, I think it is very important he's given a development role of some kind. Club needs his influence, particularly for any indigenous NGA kids, around as much as possible

Walters could always go.

Does he realise all those names he mentioned will be taking his spot?
I was responding to the article about Walters not going anywhere 🤦‍♂️

Also JOM is not being delisted.

Maybe I’ve watched too much Peel throughout the year - Delean hasn’t impressed me at all. He is young so if necessary he could be rookie listed and yes I know that creates lifetime DFA. Im not at all fussed.

Walters could always go.

Does he realise all those names he mentioned will be taking his spot?
Of course he does. And he acknowledged in that story that his body can't do what it used to. (He threw Fyfey under the bus there, too) I am sure he'll do whatever the club requires of him after the trade dust settles. Either way he needs to at least stay on as a mentor and coach.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of course he does. And he acknowledged in that story that his body can't do what it used to. (He threw Fyfey under the bus there, too) I am sure he'll do whatever the club requires of him after the trade dust settles. Either way he needs to at least stay on as a mentor and coach.
I was thinking as I watched the last game the Fyfe is more cooked than Sonny. Walters has slowed down and is fumbling under pressure to demonstrate he is not done. Fyfe can't even turn around, his back won't allow him. He's making late Mundy look like Nadia Comaneci.

Fremantle Dockers forward Michael Walters says mind ‘sharp’ as ever ahead of 17th AFL campaign

The West Australian
Fri, 6 September 2024 7:32AM
Glen Quartermain
Fremantle forward Michael Walters says he’s energised about a 17th AFL season in 2025 and still has plenty to offer alongside fellow veteran Nathan Fyfe.
Any doubts about the experienced goal sneak playing on in 2025 were put to bed by Fremantle chief executive Simon Garlic last week as he backed Walters and Fyfe to contribute plenty of value to the squad going forward.
And Walters echoed the sentiment.
“There is no secret to me getting older, but I feel like me and Fyfey roles have changed. Our bodies can’t do what they used to do, but our minds are still sharp,” Walters said.
“I feel pretty good when I am out there. I feel like I am reacting really quick.
“I feel like I am still durable. I am feeling pretty good. I am looking forward to enjoying football, getting back with the boys, training hard and see where next year can take us.” Walters, a boxing lover, was speaking at Friday’s weigh-in 24 hours out from West Australian Alex Winwood’s world title fight with Thai veteran Thammanoon Niyomtrong.
“It is something I have done for a long time, to keep me fit in the off-season and an event like this in Perth you don’t see too often, so we thought we’d come and show our support,” Walters said.
“He’s a quality fighter. For someone to have had five fights and get a world title shot is massive for the economy in Perth and showcases what the fighters can do here.”
Walters’ comments come after Garlick backed the veteran pair to play in 2025 when Walters will be 34 and Fyfe, 33, and in his 16th season.
“I think they’ll be there next year, and our intent is that they see out their contract,” Garlick told The West Australian.
“They’re contracted for next year. They provide significant value in complementing our youth, both on and off the field and at times in crucial stages on game day.”
Both players have the 250-game milestone in their sights.
Walters said he would welcome any of the speculated Richmond off-season signings, with West Australian trio Liam Baker, Shai Bolton and Jack Graham all likely to be on the move.
Baker and Bolton are contracted but Graham can shift as a free agent.
“I am not going to name those players, but everybody knows those players, and every club would be fighting to have those players, to have those quality players in their team,” Walters said.
“Those guys, especially from Richmond, are the players who have won premierships, along with Kosi Pickett.
“There is still a lot of water to go under the bridge with that. We will leave that up to the coaching staff and the guys behind the scenes to take care of that.”
Walters confirmed he had spoken with Shai Bolton.
“I have spoken to him, just like I speak to any player from Western Australia,” he said.
“Through the off-season we all get together and train. I run a boxing program in Midland so I try and jag those boys along, there is no doubt when those boys get back to Perth I will be dragging them along there.”
He said Melbourne gun Pickett and Collingwood Norm Smith medallist Bobby Hill both worked out at his Midland gym during the last off-season.
Clubs are also rumoured to be circling out-of-contract Carlton forward Jack Martin.
“Everyone knows Jack was a high draft pick who went to Gold Coast and found himself at Carlton as well, he has had a few injuries in the past, but when he is out there fully fit he is a hard player, skilful, and he shows a lot of leadership as well,” Walters said.

“Someone like that along with other boys a lot of clubs would want to have them in their team.”
Walters said boxing was a usesful training tool, but not something he would look to pick up full-time when he retired from the AFL.
“No. I can barely run these days. It’s something I enjoy but I wouldn’t have thought I’d jump in the ring. I’ve got two left hands just like I’ve got two left feet,” he said.
He said it was “hard” watching the finals after Fremantle fell just one win short of qualifying.
“Yeah it is hard. Every year is tough. We have full confidence in the way we can play and we know our game style can stand up against a quality team,” he said.
“We just have to make sure we go out there and grow our brand and there is always room to improve, room to grow as players and as a team.
“Throughout this off-season and this pre-season coming, we aim to do that, and we aim to hopefully win a premiership.
“It will be a big one. Everyone knows I am getting older, and I just want to enjoy my footy for the last couple of years.
“We have had an unbelievable year this year. Obviously, the last month wasn’t great for us, but we as a team have full faith, and the coaches have full faith in what we can do and what we can bring to the footy field. “Although we can’t be there this month going into September, we look forward to next year and the possibilities of what we can do.”

“I feel pretty good when I am out there. I feel like I am reacting really quick."
“I feel like I am still durable. I am feeling pretty good."

“No. I can barely run these days."

I was responding to the article about Walters not going anywhere 🤦‍♂️

Also JOM is not being delisted.

Maybe I’ve watched too much Peel throughout the year - Delean hasn’t impressed me at all. He is young so if necessary he could be rookie listed and yes I know that creates lifetime DFA. Im not at all fussed.
I don’t care that Walters thinks he’s going nowhere. He is too slow now and he shouldn’t be talking with the West. Feel like it’s a calculated move by him talking about 2025z

It would be uncomfortable for me to see those two playing WAFL, but that would need to be included as potentially happening in any discussion with them about playing on.

Walters clearly has written into his contract a clause that allows bonuses for talent coming in!
This adds more weight to the report that Kozzie is quoted as saying he would like to play with more indigenous players.

Maybe there is still a chance of a move. 🤔

I heard Heppell was also closely involved :eyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back