Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Pickett, Bolton

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

We can take it further and tie it in with the club clearly chasing Warner very hard while getting Bolton at the same time. Incredibly, the defensive balance isn't there and there's only 22 spots on a field. While Bolton/Warner/Brayshaw/Young/Serong is mouthwatering on paper, you need a support mid to do the dirty work, every top team has them, which means basically every one of those names needs to have a 2nd position making best 22 spots even harder to come by.

Brayshaw becomes that mid.

He has the discipline and the tank and the speed, and is probably the most iffy by foot.

This is all also to say just how much better Pickett and one of Bolton/Warner would be than both of the later. The Pickett stuff seems genuine, it means to me, the club has to do what they didn't do with Hogan and say sorry Chad, we've had to pivot. It's really hard to do but the club would be better off

Nope. I’m taking 30+ midifield goals and the chutzpah, to be frank, everyday of the week.

I still think a lot about his grand final when he was THE ONLY Swan to stand up while they got absolutely fisted with a barb wire pole.

29 disposals, 2 goals 6 tackles at 20 years old

No way I’m passing that up

Nope. I’m taking 30+ midifield goals and the chutzpah, to be frank, everyday of the week.

I still think a lot about his grand final when he was THE ONLY Swan to stand up while they got absolutely fisted with a barb wire pole.

Yeah I doubt he gets even close to 30 playing for us

If I could I'd go Warner/Pickett but that doesn't seem an option

I’d be telling Sturt to study old Chris Mayne tapes. Has the speed to be a pressure beast but needs the aggression

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well, we’re not trading Andy and we’re going for Bolton and Warner so maybe it’s not a problem, and if Brayshaw is playing defensive mid im a lot happier than say…Banfield….
Something gives eventually and I'll circle it back to my original point where I don't think the current 4 "talls" is an ideal situation. I think therefore
A) Under no circumstance can they let Knobel go. That kid is an AFL ruck and if they are adamant on keeping Jackson a part time ruck, Darcy has a couple of years to show he can stay on the park.
B) Jackson may need to move to ruck to make it all work anyway

While Bolton/Warner/Brayshaw/Young/Serong is mouthwatering on paper, you need a support mid to do the dirty work, every top team has them, which means basically every one of those names needs to have a 2nd position making best 22 spots even harder to come by.
People are forgetting about Erasmus, he is the perfect prototype for a defensive mid. In fact I think that's the only position he will be successful in. Has size, grunt and a large tank so can tag and do the dirty work. His lack of pace and kicking become less of an issue in that role while elevating the team.

Something gives eventually and I'll circle it back to my original point where I don't think the current 4 "talls" is an ideal situation. I think therefore
A) Under no circumstance can they let Knobel go. That kid is an AFL ruck and if they are adamant on keeping Jackson a part time ruck, Darcy has a couple of years to show he can stay on the park.
B) Jackson may need to move to ruck to make it all work anyway

I’m not sure you can make that argument while we have shit small forwards who can’t kick goals.

You reckon it can’t work with Bolton instead of Emmett? Emmett, tripping over his own feet running into the forward line, or Bolton showing the ball while kicking snags..

Why I'd prioritise getting Pickett over Warner. Warner is a luxury. Pickett is a need.
Anyone would be stupid to say no to Warner, so if he wants to come to us, you make it happen. I just hope that we are prioritising the correct player behind the scenes because if RD is the club's mouth piece, they could be preparing us for Warner.

Last edited:
People are forgetting about Erasmus, he is the perfect prototype for a defensive mid. In fact I think that's the only position he will be successful in. Has size, grunt and a large tank so can tag and do the dirty work. His lack of pace and kicking become less of an issue in that role while elevating the team.
Way too slow to be a defensive mid nowadays

Its the same problem we had with Fyfe defensively this year

Amiss recovering those ground ball goals opens up the three tall forwards. Last season it looked at times that our best small forward was a 195cm second year tall.

And we need to be smart about it so that the third defender either goes to Jackson or Amiss and then he becomes leading mark. But we need Jackson taking marks.

Way too slow to be a defensive mid nowadays

Its the same problem we had with Fyfe defensively this year
I think a good player comparison is Rowbottom. Was one of the fastest players in the 100m but not quite as quick in short bursts. Besides, anyone can improve their speed. Baker worked on his speed using pylometrics and hit a top speed of 30 km/hr. If he puts in the work, he can improve.

Last edited:
Anyone would be stupid to say no to Warner, so if he wants to come to us, you make it happen. I just hope that we are prioritising the correct player being the scenes because if RD is the club's mouth piece, they could be preparing us for Warner.
Only way we should be prioritising Warner is if he’s definitely requesting a trade the second his seasons over. We should not be passing on Pickett for the chance we get Warner the following year. Sydney are good at keeping them

I think a good player comparison is Rowbottom. Was one of the fastest players in the 100m but not quite as quick in short bursts. Besides, anyone can improve their speed. Baker worked on his speed using pylometrics and hit a top speed of 30 km/hr. If he puts in the work, he can improve.
Rowbottom was going to be my example of against Erasmus, Rowbottom much quicker...

Bedford and Peatling too

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back