Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Pickett, Bolton

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Lucky for us we have one player on good money that we can get off the books that will have little affect on our team performance

Are you suggesting Darcy? If so I agree mainly because if he’s having issues with injuries and keeping fit enough that is only going to get harder not easier as he ages. If there is any way we could trade him to Geelong and get a guy like Shannon Neale that would have to free up $400-500k in cap space.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Are you suggesting Darcy? If so I agree mainly because if he’s having issues with injuries and keeping fit enough that is only going to get harder not easier as he ages. If there is any way we could trade him to Geelong and get a guy like Shannon Neale that would have to free up $400-500k in cap space.

Cox

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cox will be great for us if he stays injury free this year

Speed will come back from the hamstring injury over the off season, Adam Treloar has talked about getting his speed back after his hammy problems
He could be. But we can handle well enough without him.

Yeah I think he is in the same boat as Darcy re: injured but I have more confidence he can get fit and back to his best. Darcy’s weight is a burden for someone with constant knee issues

Yeah, but Cox has also torn his hammy twice to the point of surgery in two and a half years. Clearly a risk of reinjuring again

Yeah, but Cox has also torn his hammy twice to the point of surgery in two and a half years. Clearly a risk of reinjuring again
Yeah if I’m picking out of who we could afford to lose more out of cox and Darcy atm it’s pretty straight forward that cox is the one

That said , things could actually swing around tho in the next 12-18 mths, depending on what happens with knobel and his development
(should he stay ,which I thinks an absolute must )

Projects extremely promising as genuine tap ruckman and think has higher ceiling in terms of being able to play fwd than Darcy does.

Granted we also have some promising depth coming through our kpd ranks as well so cox is still likely expendable but it does give us some good wiggle room moving forward with regards to cap space

Maybe, but let's not rest our best push for a flag over the next two years on the shoulders of an under strength and completely inexperienced ruck.
Oh I agree , I wouldn’t be moving Darcy on (would be madness atm)and certainly not in the next 2 seasons but if we’ve got to the end of 26’ and nothings really changed in terms of his fitness/ad hoc availability (and knobels come on like I think he will) then I’m saying thanks for your service big fella but it’s time we went are separate ways

I don't think the answer to getting us that one step closer is to take bulk steps backwards dropping the players we needed to already take that step.
Assume this is related to my post about potentially moving on cox or Darcy.

well that’s pretty obvious for the near future but I’m looking at things in 2 years time .
I don’t want to lose either but the point is in with regards if things get tight with the salary cap.

If we’re hell bent on bringing in the likes of Bolten, Pickett and Warner over the next 2 off seasons and it means one has to fall out the other side ,which I’m near certain it would then cox and possibly Darcy become the obvious candidates.

We suck in 4th quarters and he goes beast mode in them. Sounds perfect for us, even accounting for list balance etc.

I absolutely love the fact he stands up in finals. Even today after being largely a non-entity for 3 quarters, does a games worth of damage in 1.

#chadlocked
He doesn’t look like a guy who’s ready to leave the Swans yet.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back