Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Pickett, Bolton

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Not really. He's out of contract next year, so he can move next year with less hesitation and resistance.

Not sure why people seem to think it's gonna happen this season. 0 chance
My hope / expectation is that he tries this year out of good faith with the Pickett stuff but it then doesn't happen because Sydney say no deal

He doesn't kick goals though. Emmett kicks more than he does so i don't really see the need to bring him in.

He seems like another one of those players we have heaps of without X factor. I'd rather pick a kid who doesn't need game time.
Yeah but look at who he has in front of him kicking goals, we need small forwards that can go in the middle like Switta.

Because Sydney get more for him this year. If they know he's likely to go next year despite them trying to keep him they are better served trading him while contracted. Having said that, Sydney always back themselves in to keep a player so that's the reason I'd be saying it's not happening this year.

It's not just about backing themselves to keep him. A better chance at a flag in 2025 trumps getting a couple of better draft picks. They don't care about getting more for him. There is absolutely zero chance Sydney will trade Warner this year.

What role does Garcia play in the AFL?

What role did he play at the bulldogs, and why did he struggle?
Does he play the same role in the VFL?

From what I can see, he is small inside mid with out elite skills and that player rarely works at the next level.

I think our best 22 is pretty strong, except for 2 areas. I think we should be targeting plays to fill these holes on our list.

1. Outside mid, with pace and elite skills
2. Small forward, good pressure, kicks goals.
Played 12 games. high half forward his best role but as I said gets thrown around by Bevo

Played well against Brisbane Pies & Kicked a couple against Sydney. reading some comments most dogs fan were surprised got dropped.

Think he could be this year's Sharp

Last edited:
It's not just about backing themselves to keep him. A better chance at a flag in 2025 trumps getting a couple of better draft picks. They don't care about getting more for him. There is absolutely zero chance Sydney will trade Warner this year.
I want to hear more about Stringer going to Sydney...

Because Sydney get more for him this year. If they know he's likely to go next year despite them trying to keep him they are better served trading him while contracted. Having said that, Sydney always back themselves in to keep a player so that's the reason I'd be saying it's not happening this year.
This amongst other reasons.
This person gets it

How do you feel about trading:

Pick #9 and #15 to Richmond for Bolton and #29
Pick #10 and #29 to Geelong for #19 and F1
Is 15 even possible?

Port Lose we get 14
Port win (they play swans) so best we can hope for is 16.

15 is only possible if Battle nets St Kilda pick 9 compo.

I’m going to assume following:
Port beat Hawks and lose to Swans
St Kilda get band 1

Our picks will be:

10, 17 > Bolton, 30
We keep 11
28, 30 > Brisbane’s first round pick

RILEY GARCIA

Garcia has been incredibly unlucky to not play more senior football in 2024, and is in rare air with his stat lines in the VFL this season. Clearly far too good to be playing reserves, the 23-year-old is the victim of the Bulldogs’ senior side midfield being so strong; stuck behind Marcus Bontempelli, Tom Liberatore and Adam Treloar – not to mention the rise of Ed Richards on-ball. Born and bred in Western Australia, Garcia will naturally be talked about as a trade target for the Dockers and Eagles to poach. But the likes of Port Adelaide could also benefit from his services, and have previously been flagged as a club with interest in him. There’s definitely a world where Garcia stays put at Whitten Oval, but as a player in high demand he is well within his rights to assess his options elsewhere.

Played 12 games. high half forward his best role but as I said gets thrown around by Bevo

Played well against Brisbane Pies & Kicked a couple against Sydney. reading some comments most dogs fan were surprised got dropped.

Think he couple be this year's Sharp

As I said above,
If the club feels he will have impact in the AFL than Winder, Matt Johnson (Frankston) and he fills a need then I am all for it.

I just don't think he does.

1725940197048.png

Worth a read to keep us busy until trade period starts.

That was a horrible moment. Hard to forgive that from a senior player.

What made it infinitely worse was Fyfe had done something similar the game or two prior. You just KNOW the whole team would’ve spoken about it in review and Longmuir was clearly irate with the Fyfe one.

Then old mate does the exact same thing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking at the stats, I'd say Garcia is a better trade target than Liam Baker.

Looking at the stats, I'd say Garcia is a better trade target than Liam Baker.
Younger, cheaper, (both salary & capital).

Dare you to post that on the Baker thread though.

They can get Stringer without losing Warner. Petracca would have been about the only player who could have shaken Warner loose. Maybe a good version of Oliver, but he is damaged goods now.
Or a Saintly King.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back