Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Pickett, Bolton

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

What made it infinitely worse was Fyfe had done something similar the game or two prior. You just KNOW the whole team would’ve spoken about it in review and Longmuir was clearly irate with the Fyfe one.

Then old mate does the exact same thing.

Longmuir was irate with the umpires, not Fyfe. I was at that game and everyone in the crowd went berserk at the decision because Fyfe clearly had no idea it was a free kick. Fyfe is about the last person in the competition to be trying to take an advantage in the F50 due to the lack of faith he now has in his own skills.

They can get Stringer without losing Warner. Petracca would have been about the only player who could have shaken Warner loose. Maybe a good version of Oliver, but he is damaged goods now.
Maybe, i think the 600k a year makes it tricky going off Beatson.

Maybe, i think the 600k a year makes it tricky going off Beatson.
I know I shouldn't read too much into these things.

However.

in the past when talking about contracted or uncontracted players that may be looking to move, he's been very strong and front foot.

He seemed hesitant and quick to pass off "not my job anymore" on Warner.

I know I shouldn't read too much into these things.

However.

in the past when talking about contracted or uncontracted players that may be looking to move, he's been very strong and front foot.

He seemed hesitant and quick to pass off "not my job anymore" on Warner.
And, "are you bringing anyone in"

"Salary cap is tight as you might guess so not unless something changes..."

Yeah but look at who he has in front of him kicking goals, we need small forwards that can go in the middle like Switta.
Weightman and West. Bulldogs actually need small forwards since Garcia / Macrae aren't the answer and if Weightman is injured they just don't have the crumbling firepower to compliment their talls.

He's not breaking into our midfield either so the speed and touches don't really do anything for us.

Hi I come in peace.

Would a Jack Carroll for Nat O'Driscoll trade work for you guys (he is from the East Fremantle Sharks Footy Factory)

Jc is actually a quality wing/mid type than can push foward and kick goals.

Beats me why Vossy doesn't rate him.

Seems like Longmuir doesn't rate O'Driscoll for similar(stubborn) reasons ?

Could be a win/win for both players and clubs ?

Hi I come in peace.

Would a Jack Carroll for Nat O'Driscoll trade work for you guys (he is from the East Fremantle Sharks Footy Factory)

Leave our players alone. Also NOD is well rated. Just been injured.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi I come in peace.

He was injured, so we don't know if Justin rates him or not. He brought him in as soon as he was close to Afl fit, so that might suggest something

Hi I come in peace.

I'm going to say no, and think that's probably going to be the consensus here.

NOD has just gotten back to full fitness and pushed his way into the team - with no inside knowledge I think he's rated internally but been unlucky due to injury niggles over the past two years.

I think next year he pushes into our 23 if he stays fit and available.

Think Carroll more likely to be WC bound if he heads west.

Plus, after Acres joined you guys I couldn't handle seeing both wings being filled by ex Dockers 😛

Longmuir rates O'Driscoll. Has played him before when he was out of form (2023). One of the reasons we seemed okay with letting Acres go was because of O'Driscoll. Erasmus and Brodie have been tearing the WAFL apart and he wasn't able to break into Freo's midfield because of how Longmuir likes it set up, but he found a spot for O'Driscoll.

Hi I come in peace.

First preference is definitely to keep NOD. But if he wanted out, then I think Carroll is a reasonably fair replacement.

However, it would make me feel ill to see someone who bleeds purple running around for Carlton.

Maybe a 3-way for Carroll-NOD-Garcia. Dogs have been chasing O'Driscoll. You get Garcia. I don't know if he wants to come back to WA, but he's got to be better than some/all of Durdin, Motlop, Owies, Fantasia. Some on here want him at Freo, but I don't think he'd be interested if we have Bolton, Switta, Freddy and possibly Baker.

I’m so tired of people pretending the JOM trade was decent just because he’s been “ok” at his role. It’s an objectively pointless trade and didn’t do anything to improve us.

You can’t convince me that Johnson or Erasmus wouldn’t have done an equal job in the same role if they were given continuity and invincibility there like JOM is
100% And I'd add Aish as another who could and was performing that role equally or better.

Don't agree with the premise that anyone who has work related injuries owes anything at all
Slightly different in this industry. Perhaps that mentality is the difference between us & a team like Geelong.
Our culture can’t be as good as we think if a player walks when offered a similar contract to another club in these circumstances.
That was the point.

Well, if that's the case then they simply won't bring him in. As if they would bring in Stringer (who will be finished soon anyway) and let Warner go.
Seems reasonable list management to me. Let the player go a year earlier (who has said he's absolutely leaving no matter what) bring in some high picks a year earlier to develop them faster, replace all of the forward impact with a similar player and use a deep midfield to replace his midfield impact.

Ideally you're keeping Warner but there's limits to anything.

First preference is definitely to keep NOD. But if he wanted out, then I think Carroll is a reasonably fair replacement.

However, it would make me feel ill to see someone who bleeds purple running around for Carlton.

Maybe a 3-way for Carroll-NOD-Garcia. Dogs have been chasing O'Driscoll. You get Garcia. I don't know if he wants to come back to WA, but he's got to be better than some/all of Durdin, Motlop, Owies, Fantasia. Some on here want him at Freo, but I don't think he'd be interested if we have Bolton, Switta, Freddy and possibly Baker.
don't think baker is coming to freo

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back