Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Pickett, Bolton

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I used to, last few years, as much as I still like to meme and joke about the mind numbing shit they talk about, I've just tuned in haphazardly.

The pure volume of adds is nauseating. I wish they at least started when the FA period opened up, I think it would make a lot of difference to cutting out literally days of dribble.
I tend to have it on, but most of the good stuff comes from the twitter feeds anyway.

Any interviews I want to listen to are available on the podcast feed (have to turn that back on, actually).

Try and get a bit of the morning goss on the way to work, then the Cal hour live.

Seems like it's something like that.
Had to drag this away from the Baker thread.

If Stevens misses out on the WC job, would be nice for Freo to go hard at him to take over from Corey as midfield coach.

Done wonders with a bandaid on the Geelong midfield, imagine if he had the core group here?

(Plus some extra pressure on JL).

Forward pressure is a skill, as well as a mind set. Some players live for it.

A slow player who has the turning circle of the QE2, will never provide good forward pressure.

You need to be quick, read the play well so you are in the right spots at the right time, have good fitness so you can repeat the pressure otherwise will never provide elite forward pressure.

Frederick is someone who should be able to provide better pressure, but maybe his fitness is holding him back.

Swapping out Walters for a quick, nimble small forward would help a lot.
Did you read beyond the first sentence of his post by any chance?

I tend to have it on, but most of the good stuff comes from the twitter feeds anyway.

Any interviews I want to listen to are available on the podcast feed (have to turn that back on, actually).

Try and get a bit of the morning goss on the way to work, then the Cal hour live.

I quite enjoy a few of the SEN shows, Fireball Friday is my favourite but I can't subscribe to any SEN feed with the way they drop "episodes". Same with Trade Radio, you end up with 20+ new episodes a day if you subscribe to the feed. ****in Hutchy.

Everyone is mad if we trade Martin in it will be the reason we lose NOD but not mad about the players who would actually cost us our salary in Bolton/Baker? Find it very weird people keep drawing lines to one specific trade/extension when there are 44 players on the list all of whom have an effect on the salary and all are in part responsible for not having enough cash to extend someone like NOD.

Have enjoyed a very timely break from bigfooty since the Bombers loss as the writing of our season was on the wall after that. Much like Joao, this time of year as October looms closer is where the real excitement begins for me so I am drawn back in and will give a rundown of some thoughts leading in.

Bolton- unbelievable that he will be in purple next year, pick 9 and Ports pick or F1 with a 3rd coming back. Understandably Tiges wont let him come cheap and equally we are ready to pony up.

Pickett- Don't beleive this one is dead, I would assume the conversations went along the lines of 'our focus is on Bolton, what we have left to trade is not certain so we can't assure a deal will occur until Bolton is across the line'. Leaving Pickett not ready to make it official, good chance if we don't throw our picks away for Bolton this comes alive mid trade period when we still have two first to offer hopefully being 10 and Ports pick (fingers crossed its 14).

Martin - Everyone bemoaning our lack of pressure suddenly when all year no one wanted Banfield or Emmett anywhere near the team because they are fumbly with no skills. Pick a lane guys. Martin is one touch, skilful on both feet and good overhead with a neat set shot. Injury history absolutely, upgrade on Banfield and Emmett, absolutely. Costs 5th rounder on minimum pay why wouldn't you? AFL quality depth I will take two years gladly pending no horror medical vibes.

NOD- Don't think he will leave, he is just ensuring he gets paid his due. Once we learn of his offers from other clubs we will come to the table. 2 years with a trigger for 3 likely heavily performance based. As stated if we are chasing these big names in Warner/Bolton/Pickett, there must be a world where the cash is available somewhere, Freo would be holding out in case these trades start getting to the the finish line.

Finally I have a question maybe Taylor would know the inner workings of, but it feels universally assumed that the with the increase of the CBA that the current contracts would rise to match the increase but how certain are we of that? Is there a world where all of our long term extensions into 2027 onwards may have had that increase pre-planned, but still undersold, which would allow us much bigger space in our cap then if all of our contracts just increased to match the CBA? Seems like something that has been overlooked and could be why we have the room to hunt Warner/Bolton/Pickett and so on. Food for thought.

Finally I have a question maybe Taylor would know the inner workings of, but it feels universally assumed that the with the increase of the CBA that the current contracts would rise to match the increase but how certain are we of that? Is there a world where all of our long term extensions into 2027 onwards may have had that increase pre-planned, but still undersold, which would allow us much bigger space in our cap then if all of our contracts just increased to match the CBA? Seems like something that has been overlooked and could be why we have the room to hunt Warner/Bolton/Pickett and so on. Food for thought.
Welcome Back!

on this bit, it's broadly accepted that all clubs bar west coast and essendon have the % increases built into the contracts.

Would not surprise me if for certain contracts across the league, that increase isn't included. I would hope that it's there for the bottom earners to ensure they are getting paid commensurate with the league, but would hope that the bigger contracts don't have it included as they are already earning way more than the average.

TLDR: No Idea, and the media doesn't know for sure either. Fingers crossed we've been smart enough.

How's Cerra's mum gunna go with him living in Adelaide? More to the point, how's Adam gunna cope without his mum cutting up his steak and wiping his arse?
Quite a few have come home to Perth. Leave them alone mate. It is an individual choice.

Quite a few have come home to Perth. Leave them alone mate. It is an individual choice.
No you don't get it, players leaving my club to go home are mummy's boys and sooks, players coming here for family reasons are admirable and homesick.

Pickett- Don't beleive this one is dead, I would assume the conversations went along the lines of 'our focus is on Bolton, what we have left to trade is not certain so we can't assure a deal will occur until Bolton is across the line'. Leaving Pickett not ready to make it official, good chance if we don't throw our picks away for Bolton this comes alive mid trade period when we still have two first to offer hopefully being 10 and Ports pick (fingers crossed its 14).
have hear it from a family member of Kozzie , Melbourne basically said in his exit meeting when he floated the idea, he won't be traded under any circumstances. Things can change but sounds like he won't be coming

Everyone is mad if we trade Martin in it will be the reason we lose NOD but not mad about the players who would actually cost us our salary in Bolton/Baker? Find it very weird people keep drawing lines to one specific trade/extension when there are 44 players on the list all of whom have an effect on the salary and all are in part responsible for not having enough cash to extend someone like NOD.

Have enjoyed a very timely break from bigfooty since the Bombers loss as the writing of our season was on the wall after that. Much like Joao, this time of year as October looms closer is where the real excitement begins for me so I am drawn back in and will give a rundown of some thoughts leading in.

Bolton- unbelievable that he will be in purple next year, pick 9 and Ports pick or F1 with a 3rd coming back. Understandably Tiges wont let him come cheap and equally we are ready to pony up.

Martin - Everyone bemoaning our lack of pressure suddenly when all year no one wanted Banfield or Emmett anywhere near the team because they are fumbly with no skills. Pick a lane guys. Martin is one touch, skilful on both feet and good overhead with a neat set shot. Injury history absolutely, upgrade on Banfield and Emmett, absolutely. Costs 5th rounder on minimum pay why wouldn't you? AFL quality depth I will take two years gladly pending no horror medical vibes.

NOD- Don't think he will leave, he is just ensuring he gets paid his due. Once we learn of his offers from other clubs we will come to the table. 2 years with a trigger for 3 likely heavily performance based. As stated if we are chasing these big names in Warner/Bolton/Pickett, there must be a world where the cash is available somewhere, Freo would be holding out in case these trades start getting to the the finish line.

The concern about Martin and NOD for me is list spots, not salary cap. Especially if Bolton and one of Baker or Pickett comes in, it just feels like someone (beyond the OOCs most would be happy seeing go) has to come out unless we are planning literally only 1 pick (maybe 2).

Last edited:
I’d take him back for a late first to play half back.
Yeah nah on Cerra-had his chance,form and injuries a concern.
Apparently exit interviews with players involved with peel have/are being held this week with delisting’s and contract extension to be announced later this week!!
Fair bit of smoke around Raz and Noddy requesting trades-hope not cause I rate both.
A couple of Chads Aquanian mates(who may or may not play for Freo) have said he is keen to get back west but unlikely to be next year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah nah on Cerra-had his chance,form and injuries a concern.
Apparently exit interviews with players involved with peel have/are being held this week with delisting’s and contract extension to be announced later this week!!
Fair bit of smoke around Raz and Noddy requesting trades-hope not cause I rate both.
A couple of Chads Aquanian mates(who may or may not play for Freo) have said he is keen to get back west but unlikely to be next year
Unlike to be next year? This year it is then!

I am saying that not everyone can provide great forward pressure.

Nor should they, we could play a midfielder in the forward line and tell him to never leave the side of that very dangerous rebounding defender but then we get nothing out of the position.

I'd take Cerra or McRae. Or another strong mid/late career midfielder who can add to our clearance power at stoppage.

Look I know we need more non-marking forward half talent but I also know that in every close game we lost the oppo got on top of the stoppages in the 4th Q.

Yeah, I don't think it's a move to SA for Cerra.

It would likely be to another Melbourne club, to generate another R1 for the blues, to give for Houston. That way they can keep a presence in this draft.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back