Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Pickett, Bolton

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Use the compo Bulldogs get for Smith (pick 13?) for Cerra and F2. Use that pick 13? And 11 for Houston and 37. Probably way off... but the dogs will need a midfielder.

If his contract costs us NOD from a salary cap perspective, you give the extra $$$ money to NOD.

That’s what people are worried about.

We are paying a bunch of potato (1-2 good games a year) players over 27 years of age, for not much return. Potential return of NOD is much higher.
And this is the exact reason the two players contracts are interwoven .

For all this carrying on about Martin playing for base salary etc he ll be cheap that’s great but people seem to overlook is his base salary will still be more than a new draftee (not first round) and certainly more than a rookie

Even if it’s only 20k that’s 20k more I’d STILL rather throw Nods way than waste it on Martin who honestly who have to be 90% chance to play less than 5 games .. so bad is his injury history

The other thing that gets me in all of this the fact those at the club have basically said out of all the players they’ve lost last couple years Blacres one was a mistake .

lo and behold here we are only 2 years later and the club seems to be repeating the same mistake in trying to save few pennies

I'd take Cerra or McRae. Or another strong mid/late career midfielder who can add to our clearance power at stoppage.

Look I know we need more non-marking forward half talent but I also know that in every close game we lost the oppo got on top of the stoppages in the 4th Q.

As part of a move for Houston.

Yeah, I don't think it's a move to SA for Cerra.

It would likely be to another Melbourne club, to generate another R1 for the blues, to give for Houston. That way they can keep a presence in this draft.
I'd probably take McCrae, not sure about Cerra. He seems to have gone backwards and recurring injuries are now prevalent. Just out of curiosity (open question for anyone to answer..), what would be both their worths..?!

Yeah I did read the first line.

Forward pressure isn't a skill, it's a mindset.

I am saying that not everyone can provide great forward pressure.

Very true, not everyone can provide great forward pressure. Many forwards can however provide better pressure than they currently do. They have room to get much better.
Many of our forwards do nothing much once we lose control of the ball in our forward line. The coaching group should be helping the forwards work on those skills during this off season. It could help us win a game or two extra in 2025.

I'd probably take McCrae, not sure about Cerra. He seems to have gone backwards and recurring injuries are now prevalent. Just out of curiosity (open question for anyone to answer..), what would be both their worths..?!
I’d say Cerra is worth about pick 25 now.

I’d say McRae is worth pick 45 or so.

Money they would have been offering NOD

Am I doing this right?
Nooo... NoD will take the Mcrae, Daniel & Smith money.

After being delisted by Freo so they can sign him as a free agent. :D

Very true, not everyone can provide great forward pressure. Many forwards can however provide better pressure than they currently do. They have room to get much better.
Many of our forwards do nothing much once we lose control of the ball in our forward line. The coaching group should be helping the forwards work on those skills during this off season. It could help us win a game or two extra in 2025.

Frederick is the one that should be putting on more pressure.

Sturt has been good this year, and I think you need to give the coach's credit for not playing him until he was giving good pressure.

The dream of course is a player that provides good to elite pressure, and is good for 30+ goals a game. I can see why they didn't play Emmett, as he just does not hit the score board enough.

Hopefully we find two players who can do this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Isn’t Clarkson on record as saying you only land 1:10 times but you have to just keep putting the offers out there? Think he may be the one they land.
You may be right about the "ask everyone" approach

1726039172779.png

Yeah, I don't think it's a move to SA for Cerra.

It would likely be to another Melbourne club, to generate another R1 for the blues, to give for Houston. That way they can keep a presence in this draft.
Far more likely imo. Cez would have plenty of Vic suitors you'd think, moving to Port to be a backup mid prob not in his plans.

any chance of getting sam collins back in 2026?

sorta like “I’m sorry, I f—-up, it wasn’t you it was me, i needed to grow up” etc when he gets the booty call from the freo recruiting team?

Clubs are absolutely frothing over this draft. Every week there's kids putting up massive games in U18 or league level. Every bit of noise you hear is clubs wanting 1st round picks this year

-Carlton want Dan Houston but want to keep pick 11 this year, more interested in using future picks
-North offer a future 1st for Houston but want to keep this years picks
-Port open to moving Houston if they can get a good 1st this year as they want in on this draft
-Brisbane's current pick 14 one of the most prized picks in it that everyone is coming for (Levi Ashcroft F/S and Sam Marshall academy so they need points). Cal mentions its a very valuable pick and anywhere the pick can land between 12-18 in the draft is very very good
-WC list manager mentioned how everyone would want multiple picks in the top 20-25 players, and it has really emerged particularly as not just a midfielder's draft like first anticipated. Multiple talls and rebounding players have emerged
-Earlier this year Kinnear Beatson from Sydney said they struggled to narrow it down to 65 players to nominate for the AFL combine which is very rare, a testimant to the depth

All of this to say our hand of picks are worth a fortune on the open market this year - 9,10 and potentially 14. We actually have leverage and I hope we play hardball with some of our trades

Clubs are absolutely frothing over this draft. Every week there's kids putting up massive games in U18 or league level. Every bit of noise you hear is clubs wanting 1st round picks this year

-Carlton want Dan Houston but want to keep pick 11 this year, more interested in using future picks
-North offer a future 1st for Houston but want to keep this years picks
-Port open to moving Houston if they can get a good 1st this year as they want in on this draft
-Brisbane's current pick 14 one of the most prized picks in it that everyone is coming for (Levi Ashcroft F/S and Sam Marshall academy so they need points). Cal mentions its a very valuable pick and anywhere the pick can land between 12-18 in the draft is very very good
-WC list manager mentioned how everyone would want multiple picks in the top 20-25 players, and it has really emerged particularly as not just a midfielder's draft like first anticipated. Multiple talls and rebounding players have emerged
-Earlier this year Kinnear Beatson from Sydney said they struggled to narrow it down to 65 players to nominate for the AFL combine which is very rare, a testimant to the depth

All of this to say our hand of picks are worth a fortune on the open market this year - 9,10 and potentially 14. We actually have leverage and I hope we play hardball with some of our trades
How was lunch at the Pullman?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back