Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Pickett, Bolton

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I wouldn't be offering more than one pick for any of our purported targets. And if the selling club isn't interested I would seriously consider just going to the draft with that pick before I offered any more

Clubs are absolutely frothing over this draft. Every week there's kids putting up massive games in U18 or league level. Every bit of noise you hear is clubs wanting 1st round picks this year

-Carlton want Dan Houston but want to keep pick 11 this year, more interested in using future picks
-North offer a future 1st for Houston but want to keep this years picks
-Port open to moving Houston if they can get a good 1st this year as they want in on this draft
-Brisbane's current pick 14 one of the most prized picks in it that everyone is coming for (Levi Ashcroft F/S and Sam Marshall academy so they need points). Cal mentions its a very valuable pick and anywhere the pick can land between 12-18 in the draft is very very good
-WC list manager mentioned how everyone would want multiple picks in the top 20-25 players, and it has really emerged particularly as not just a midfielder's draft like first anticipated. Multiple talls and rebounding players have emerged
-Earlier this year Kinnear Beatson from Sydney said they struggled to narrow it down to 65 players to nominate for the AFL combine which is very rare, a testimant to the depth

All of this to say our hand of picks are worth a fortune on the open market this year - 9,10 and potentially 14. We actually have leverage and I hope we play hardball with some of our trades
It’s posts like this that make me very anxious we’ll bend over and get reamed by the likes of Richmond.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Josh Corbett not being on that list?
Yeah, that’s surprising.

But then he becomes the experienced depth on min chips? Especially with Kirk Kuek gone, only leaves voss

Welcome Back!

on this bit, it's broadly accepted that all clubs bar west coast and essendon have the % increases built into the contracts.

Would not surprise me if for certain contracts across the league, that increase isn't included. I would hope that it's there for the bottom earners to ensure they are getting paid commensurate with the league, but would hope that the bigger contracts don't have it included as they are already earning way more than the average.

TLDR: No Idea, and the media doesn't know for sure either. Fingers crossed we've been smart enough.
It has been on my mind for while regarding the contract % increase, it feels like just a big assumption is all. Could realistically have been sold to all the long term players that this was the plan, be happy with your 800k because it will allow stars to be brought in.

I was thinking he might retire and the club would announce it seperately tbh.

Also get the feeling he’ll be at the club next year just not on the playing list.
No matter what happens on field, would agree he probably gets a coaching gig.

He can be the vibes guy, which frees up money for Simpson?

Tabs carved out a pretty decent career in the end. AA squad once, 2 time leading goal kicker, booted 7 straight once against the Bombers who he had a great record against. Was instrumental in our first game at Optus stadium. Was a great rookie pick but his time had come.

Surprised Corbett wasn’t in the 1st round of delistings.

No matter what happens on field, would agree he probably gets a coaching gig.

He can be the vibes guy, which frees up money for Simpson?

Pretty sure he’s already involved with coaching AFLW. Think he stays doing that and a has a few other smaller roles around the club.

Realistically the chances are his career at any level is done unfortunately. To come back from the injury he had would be an absolute miracle really.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back