Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Pickett, Bolton

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Why does Twomey keep linking Eagles to Bolton???

Because no doubt that there’d be stakeholders at the eagles that genuinely still believe that they are still a viable option for the likes of bolten etc (ditto Jackson the other year.)

Just as some one posted the other day
of how nisbitt carried on in his acceptance speech at the WAFL awards night as if he was still the no 1 powerbroker in WA footy ,likewise members of WC management would be getting there noses out of joint with such high profile WA players looking to come back to WA but straight up choosing freo.

Hell even life long fan boi bakers still not 100% convinced on joining them yet

Hence them probably telling agents and the media alike that “hey we’re still relevant don’t count us out yet!”

The hubris of that club will take more than a few years of leaching around the absolute depths of the ladder before reality starts to dawn on the organisation as a whole

Anyone keen to listen and lmk if he says anything interesting?

Found Footage Video GIF by Eternal Family

Anyone keen to listen and lmk if he says anything interesting?

Ah just the usual club speak.

“Working through a few things”
“Still a lot of water to go under the bridge till trade week”
“Boltens a quality player , any club would love to have him”
“In constant dialogue with bakers manager”
Cox receiving significant interest from SA but is a required player”…….

Loosely captioned:
Noddy: Positive discussions with Noddy ...hopefully we can get that formalised and keep him in the purple.

Brayshaw: I hope to see him a Docker for life... he is an important part of the nucleus.. open dialogue that's trending in a positive way.

Picket and Warner: Pickett is contracted for 3 years and Warner is in the thick of finals and contracted, so I see those guys continuing with what they are doing.

Loosely captioned:
Noddy: Positive discussions with Noddy ...hopefully we can get that formalised and keep him in the purple.

Brayshaw: I hope to see him a Docker for life... he is an important part of the nucleus.. open dialogue that's trending in a positive way.

Picket and Warner: Pickett is contracted for 3 years and Warner is in the thick of finals and contracted, so I see those guys continuing with what they are doing.
I'm gonna convince myself that "formalised" means they've verbally come to an agreement and just need to get the nitty gritty written up and signed

There was a recent podcast with Adrian Barich that summed up how most eagles think.

They don’t understand 4 or 5 year rebuilds.

He reckoned they should trade Harley Reid out, get 3 first round picks a long with their own, take 4 in 2024, complete the rebuild and play finals in 2 years.

I kid you not.

Iirc wasn't it 2022 they actually went into the season expecting to "surprise everyone" and make finals 😂😂

Everything about that plan actually makes sense until the “play finals in 2 years” bit, they should trade Harley now for 3 first round picks and take 4 this year before the draft starts to get compromised by Tasmania entering, hanging on to him for the next two years and then watching him walk will destroy their chances of bringing through a core group together.
But who's got three first round picks for him?
And you gotta be talking top ten picks...
Wicked Problem!

I've always felt Freo are too by the books.
Yeah I like this advertising rort idea.
Cox and Johnson could be the ‘face’ of Bonds.
Darcy could be the new Michelin Man.
Jackson on cigarette packets.
Clark sporting some shiny shoes.
Sonny in the new slip slop slap campaign.
Davies the face of Akubra.
Sharp on posters in every Harvey Norman electrical section.
Draper the face of Kresta.

Yeah I like this advertising rort idea.
Cox and Johnson could be the ‘face’ of Bonds.
Darcy could be the new Michelin Man.
Jackson on cigarette packets.
Clark sporting some shiny shoes.
Sonny in the new slip slop slap campaign.
Davies the face of Akubra.
Sharp on posters in every Harvey Norman electrical section.
Draper the face of Kresta.
Jack Martin is being recruited for Spud Shed ads.

You know, trade period probably actually shaping up as reasonably straight forward
  • Get Bolton agreed as 10 and 14 with maybe some salary chucked in before trade period even starts
  • After Sydney win the flag and TheChad requests a trade, see if 9 and the F1 will do it.
  • When Swans say "**** off, he's my precious", ask Melbourne if they want to admit they are ****ed yet and do 9 and the F1 for Pickett
  • When they put their fingers in their ears and go "Bro, we winning da flag with 3 of our 4 best players being miserable, what chu talkin bout" take the picks to the draft.
  • Give Noddy away for free because it's what we do with fringe players, bring Martin in for free and call it a day.

TheChad or Kozzie would be fun but I'm getting draft envy again and if we take a decent pick to the draft while still getting Bolton, that's a perfectly fine plan C given we have the likes of Port telling Houston to **** off and leave so they can get a pick or two.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You know, trade period probably actually shaping up as reasonably straight forward
  • Get Bolton agreed as 10 and 14 with maybe some salary chucked in before trade period even starts
  • After Sydney win the flag and TheChad requests a trade, see if 9 and the F1 will do it.
  • When Swans say "**** off, he's my precious", ask Melbourne if they want to admit they are ****ed yet and do 9 and the F1 for Pickett
  • When they put their fingers in their ears and go "Bro, we winning da flag with 3 of our 4 best players being miserable, what chu talkin bout" take the picks to the draft.
  • Give Noddy away for free because it's what we do with fringe players, bring Martin in for free and call it a day.

TheChad or Kozzie would be fun but I'm getting draft envy again and if we take a decent pick to the draft while still getting Bolton, that's a perfectly fine plan C given we have the likes of Port telling Houston to **** off and leave so they can get a pick or two.
I see you’re back on the deathride with port having 14.
I’d almost go 9&10 for Bolton if we could get 21&29 back. Then we can trade 21,29 & 63 to Brisbane for 16 and take 14, 16 & 27 to the draft and get two top 20 picks in.

Surely surely surely we can't lose Noddy or trade him away for chips. Another winger. A young, WA born winger who has shown a lot of potential. Surely.
IMG_7917.jpeg

There’s a solid chance we give up 9&10 but I doubt Richmond give back 21 in the deal. They’ll definitely keep that.

It will be more likely we give 9&10 and maybe get 29 back plus scraps.

Whatever the outcome you’d think it will get done early.

I’m still very much interested in Baker.

I see you’re back on the deathride with port having 14.
I’d almost go 9&10 for Bolton if we could get 21&29 back. Then we can trade 21,29 & 63 to Brisbane for 16 and take 14, 16 & 27 to the draft and get two top 20 picks in.
We need established players now, not another two Top 20 picks.

We need established players now, not another two Top 20 picks.
Its a mix, no point bringing in established players unless they are quality or money ball positional needs.

We should still be drafting a few good players with our massive hand unless we shake 2 guns loose. Using a late 1st & 2nd should mean a couple of very decent role players to come into the side in a few years. Or we pick up another Superstar who everyone else over looks.

I just can’t see Noddy leaving & nothing he has said has suggested it, to me anyway.

He’s playing with a very straight bat, as no doubt advised by his management to get the best deal possible. We have not seen the best of Nod & the club knows it, I think he stays.

There’s a solid chance we give up 9&10 but I doubt Richmond give back 21 in the deal. They’ll definitely keep that.

It will be more likely we give 9&10 and maybe get 29 back plus scraps.

Whatever the outcome you’d think it will get done early.

I’m still very much interested in Baker.
Freo won’t do 9 & 10 less they get something good back. I still think 9 & ports pick for Bolton & 29 would be about right.
Bolton plus 10 26 and 29 would be a good hand

We should be keeping an eye out on the clubs 2025 calendar.

They've normally been pretty good at not putting players in who'll be leaving. (unlike other clubs, hawks was great. Mitchell, Gunston, JOM all on the front, all gone)

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back