Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Pickett, Bolton

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Was not expecting both Kuek & Corbett to be gone, along with tabs.

Leaves KPF Depth as Voss and Jones.

Himmelberg? Or just see who's left in the draft?

No point having KPF depth for the sake of it if they aren't AFL standard. I don't think there was ever any chance we could get quality AFL minutes from the guys we cut. I'd be tempted to cut Jones as well, but he will probably survive now.

You can chuck most of the tall defenders down forward and they'd fill the role to the same poor/average standard. People have mentioned Cox and Murphy, and there's also Draper who came to the club as a forward. Only ever played in defence after being drafted.

No point having KPF depth for the sake of it if they aren't AFL standard. I don't think there was ever any chance we could get quality AFL minutes from the guys we cut. I'd be tempted to cut Jones as well, but he will probably survive now.

You can chuck most of the tall defenders down forward and they'd fill the role to the same poor/average standard. People have mentioned Cox and Murphy, and there's also Draper who came to the club as a forward. Only ever played in defence after being drafted.

We could really play Two key forwards, plus Sturt and Frederick.

Especially if you get 2 or 3 dangerous small and medium forwards.

We could really play Two key forwards, plus Sturt and Frederick.

Especially if you get 2 or 3 dangerous small and medium forwards.
I mostly think too defensive, but I believe in air and ground pressure and stopping teams marching the ball out with ease. Also, I think that forwards being dangerous as that prevents players zoning and running off.

As long we have all three aspects - Air, ground and being dangerous, it's all good with any structure.

I mostly think too defensive, but I believe in air and ground pressure and stopping teams marching the ball out with ease. Also, I think that forwards being dangerous as that prevents players zoning and running off.

As long we have all three aspects - Air, ground and being dangerous, it's all good with any structure.
Yeah, but what about one skill? they gotta have skill too right?

But then toughness too. Toughness is important.

:p

What two legs, two arms and head? They are important as well. Lol just talking the piss.
But with Air, ground, being dangerous, skill, toughness, two legs, two arms and ahead... That's all you need.

monty python GIF

5 is a decent culling.
It's absolutely **** all considering we were already one up on our list and Williams was a Category B rookie. Only becomes a decent amount of some of our players request trades.

They'll be at least one more gone, possibly two.

My guess would be Stanley is gone except if NOD goes in which case he'll stay.

Emmett seems to be the one they'll delist and move to the rookie list if required.

That doesn't leave space for someone like Martin. There's noise around him that's why I reckon there may possibly be two more gone.

We had too many KPFs anyway with Voss already replacing Corbett as the depth player and Jones replacing Kuek as the development player. We still have too many KPDs with all of McDonald, Draper, Murphy and Davies needing a game at peel, one of them can play forward with Voss and Jones or we play both Reidy and Knobel with one always in the forward line.
Writing that list out, we have too many talls, maybe Jones will get cut after all.

We had too many KPFs anyway with Voss already replacing Corbett as the depth player and Jones replacing Kuek as the development player. We still have too many KPDs with all of McDonald, Draper, Murphy and Davies needing a game at peel, one of them can play forward with Voss and Jones or we play both Reidy and Knobel with one always in the forward line.
Writing that list out, we have too many talls, maybe Jones will get cut after all.
I've got nothing against the amount of talls on our list ATM tbh but when Knobel is ready Reidy should be cut and when the KPDs are ready McDonald probably retires. We're at bit in the now and a bit in the future ATM.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just read the Jack Martin article:

Martin, 29, joined the Blues ahead of the 2020 season on a lucrative five-year deal but only managed 54 games in that time, including just three games this year.

If we pick him up we have rocks in our head.

Martin, 29, joined the Blues ahead of the 2020 season on a lucrative five-year deal but only managed 54 games in that time, including just three games this year.

Or we get him fit and gain a gun on chips

Then we look like geniuses

There's no harm in picking him up free, literally no downsides if we pay nothing.

List spot and salary?

Will cost stuff all salary wise.
List spot? Mate there’s always 10 on a list that won’t amount to much.
He’s a free hit.
Can everyone stop worrying about a spot on our list or think we’ll pay him big dollars.
At his best he’ll improve our front half. If he’s injured all year then boo hoo.

There’s guys like Delean and Simpson who combine for 8 touches in WAFL games.

Martin is the definition of a free roll gamble.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back