Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Pickett, Bolton

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Does anyone know what the Melbourne trade would have been? That was Cerra’s first choice but as soon as we mentioned Jackson they backed away. Very sliding doors but I feel like if we hadn’t traded Cerra for pick 6 we probably still end up with Amiss at 10 and no Erasmus.
It's super sliding doors because I'm certain the tiges go for Gibcus if available BUT Carlton were screaming out for a second KPD so if they took him then Richmond probably pounce on Amiss

Does not provide much forward pressure, a bit slow.

I would pass. Think of a less talented, probably slower Michael Walters.
Yep we need more speed in our front half and more pressure. Owies doesn't provide that. If we can bring in Bolton and another quick forward we suddenly have some genuine speed in our forward group. If we dont get Picket then we need to get Berry in the draft and possibly trade in someone quick like Rosas with our Saints 4th rounder. Quick small forwards obviosly our biggest list need along with a skillful winger. I think Freddy's best position is actully wing which is anther reason why I want us to bring in 3 small forwards this trade period

You overrate Cerra's trade value at the time of the trade. No way known he was performing at an elite level (which is what you are suggesting with the trade you think should have happened) at the time of the trade. His defensive running has always been an issue and his kicking not as good as most would have hoped for a player rated as the best kick in his draft year.

To be fair, he’s probably the best kick in that draft. Certainly at first glance at top picks.
Bunch of hacks in top 20.

The fact that the AFL has attributed the amount of salary a player gets to the attributed compensation pick tells you all you need to know about rorting in the AFL.

Who's to say that the club getting the player doesn't actually pay him that specified amount?

Wow.

Port and crows fans in the luko thread are throwing down.

Meanwhile WC and Freo fans in the baker thread

hong kong dancing GIF

I’m not aware that there was ever an offer from Melbourne. It was common knowledge that we were planning on asking for Luke Jackson though.

In the 2021 draft, Richmond were keen on Amiss and they had pick 9, so we had to pull the trigger at 8.

Wanganeen-Milera chosen (pick 11) after Erasmus has been very good.

The next three players are still developing; Josh Sinn (just played his 9th game on Fri), Ben Hobbs and Campbell Chesser. Erasmus played only four games in 2024 but has had a very good season at WAFL and been emergency a few times.
Yes I heard Richmond were after a key forward and some tigers supports told they would have taken Amiss at 9 to replace Reiwoldt. When he was off the table they took a KPD at 9

On SM-S918B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Wanganeen-Milera chosen (pick 11) after Erasmus has been very good.

I was picking for us in the Freo board mock draft that year and remember getting totally carted for this pick:

Might cop some heat for this - with pick 10, Fremantle selects N. Wanganeen-Milera, Glenelg.

You're up, Lach72.

Now? Nah looks like we got the win. He’s in dreadful form.
Amiss is a generational full forward
Allowed Fremantle develop Young, who in his first full season in midfield is already better than Cerra.
Amiss is in the same echelon Cerra was when we traded him. Amiss is all about potential as was Cerra.

It's a long journey to becoming a generational waterboy let alone a full forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did you overlook Amiss for Wanganeen-Milera (and Rachele) though?

'Overlook' isn't how I'd characterise it.

I rated the the three WA key forwards relatively evenly. I took the calculated gamble that at least one of Amiss or JVR would be there at our pick 19, which wasn't unreasonable given the projections at the time (and indeed the mock itself bears that out). As it turned out, both went a couple of picks before. I then traded the pick out with the (successful) objective of securing Williams and Motlop.

'Overlook' isn't how I'd characterise it.

I rated the the three WA key forwards relatively evenly. I took the calculated gamble that at least one of Amiss or JVR would be there at our pick 19, which wasn't unreasonable given the projections at the time (and indeed the mock itself bears that out). As it turned out, both went a couple of picks before. I then traded the pick out with the (successful) objective of securing Williams and Motlop.
Ok. How's about you preferred Wanganeen-Milera and Rachele over Amiss?

Elsewhere, fringe forward Tom Emmett could seek a move back to South Australia as he looks to reignite his AFL career

Would have been told he's a wait and see until after trade period I'd assume. Probably given permission to look around.

Don't imagine either club would be that interested in him though.

Elsewhere, fringe forward Tom Emmett could seek a move back to South Australia as he looks to reignite his AFL career

Reignite? It hasn’t even started yet.
Would have been told he's a wait and see until after trade period I'd assume. Probably given permission to look around.

Don't imagine either club would be that interested in him though.
cough rachele cough

Wade Derksen to the Dees?

Melbourne - Reborn West Coast star Jake Waterman is another name of interest, but he’ll cost plenty from a draft capital perspective. They’re also in the race for versatile Giant James Peatling, who is weighing up his options for 2025. They’re more likely to land his teammate Wade Derksen, the uncapped tall who has shown plenty of potential.

Wade Derksen to the Dees?

Melbourne - Reborn West Coast star Jake Waterman is another name of interest, but he’ll cost plenty from a draft capital perspective. They’re also in the race for versatile Giant James Peatling, who is weighing up his options for 2025. They’re more likely to land his teammate Wade Derksen, the uncapped tall who has shown plenty of potential.
Been on the cards for a while I think.

So far down the line at gws.

Forgot he even existed. Jesse Hogan's fault.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back