List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

What is the maximum (walk away point) you would pay for Bolton.

• 9 OR 10

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • 9 & 25

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • 9 & 17

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • 9 & F1

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • 9 & 10

• 9, 10 & 17

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I can think of 4 or 5 teams he wouldn't be best 22 for with out thinking too hard.

Carlton, Sydney, Swans, Port, Us, GWS

Would be great for other teams. Geelong, St Kilda, North etc etc.

I think Baker is best 22 in all teams.
Yeah me too, wasn't comparing him to Baker. Just saying that Kennedy is wasted at Carlton.

You'd have Baker ahead of Kennedy? Interesting. Maybe I overrate Kennedy but I'd have him ahead.

Think due to selling intent, he'll be the cheapest of the lot as well
I’m a fan of Baker and have been for a long time. Also like Kennedy though. I think all three players you mentioned are underrated.
Kennedy showed some useful signs as a marking forward later in the season actually.

The reason I have Baker ahead of Kennedy is his superior cleanness of ball handling (hugely important in finals) as well as the fact Baker is a better ball user and decision maker.
A lot of Carlton fans feel Kennedy is a bit of a ball butcher by foot. I haven’t seen it that much when I watch him but admittedly they should know better - he’s their guy.

I’m a fan of Baker and have been for a long time. Also like Kennedy though. I think all three players you mentioned are underrated.
Kennedy showed some useful signs as a marking forward later in the season actually.

The reason I have Baker ahead of Kennedy is his superior cleanness of ball handling (hugely important in finals) as well as the fact Baker is a better ball user and decision maker.
A lot of Carlton fans feel Kennedy is a bit of a ball butcher by foot. I haven’t seen it that much when I watch him but admittedly they should know better - he’s their guy.

Kennedy could be a seriously good forward/mid but it sounds like he has his heart set on being a full time inside mid. Just limits his options as he isn't that fast and skills are just so-so. His marking ability is very good though, I would love him as that extra mid that plays forward.

If Eagles give up their first to get "icing on the cake" player in Bolton like they did with Kelly, they are more stupid than I thought.

Barrass going, Mcgovern 35? That backline is in trouble. Tassie coming in a few years, they need to get serious with ther rebuild. I would be chucking Kelly on the trade table this year!
Kelly won't move from WA so that's irrelevant isn't it?

I do think Tassie is causing a bit of urgency with some clubs. And the strength/depth of this draft ramps it up a notch.

Richmond are doing the right thing, but we should play hardball too.

What’s Cumming likely to generate as compo? Mid second round? Surely not end of first round?

**** i hate this free agency draft dilution shit that goes on every single year 😫

2nd rounder is probably the most it will be. 600k roughly I think.

You need the compensation, otherwise the same clubs lose players year after year, and will never make finals.

2nd rounder is probably the most it will be. 600k roughly I think.

You need the compensation, otherwise the same clubs lose players year after year, and will never make finals.

Nah, compensation for free agency is stupid and it's not like we have seen all these guns moving in Free agency. The system is a joke when teams would rather lose the player if the compo is good enough.

Trading all the picks. Leaving the likes of Raz at Peel in favour of playing the likes of JOM and other older players instead of getting games into the youth. Possibly losing NOD and bringing in more 30 year old rejects from other clubs(Martin). Yeah it's short sighted and desperate. Anyone who thinks JL is getting the most out of this group has rocks in their head.

Now I'm all for trading the picks for QUALITY Bolton Warner Pickett but if all the top tier names don't happen I don't want to trade the picks just for the sake of it and waste them on older washed up role players just so the club can point to it and say look we did stuff.
There is no trade for Martin, he's a freebie. He plays a different role to Erasmus so that really isn't relevant.

Martin is like MacDonald. Depth is a position of need if required.

I'm not fussed either way, but it's nothing to hyperventilate about.

By the way, seems like Erasmus is developing well, and the timing for him to transition in the side and replace Fyfe is spot on. WAFL development is a good thing.

I know I've gone back and forth on this a few times, but I cant help but look at the contracted players who are on the move on the DTFA board and not think Warner is a chance this year if he asks for it. Moving in contract is the more common thing now. There's like 1 best 22 player (Baker) actually being traded while out of contract.

Port look like turning Houston leaving into a net win. Sydney have surely been trying to see if they can bring anyone in if Warner leaves

By the way, seems like Erasmus is developing well, and the timing for him to transition in the side and replace Fyfe is spot on. WAFL development is a good thing.

Next year, surely both play 10ish games each.

The year after, Fyfe has retired, and Erasmus gets first crack at the role.

1. Bolton - 10 and 17, hopefully with something coming back
2. Barrass. Hawks first, F1 for Barrass and Future 2nd
3. Baker - Eagles 2nd Rounder or 25 depending on the club
4. ANB - Crows 2nd
5. Kennedy - late pick (3rd rounder roughly). Has been pushed out really.
6. Martin - WAFL

Need a full list of players.
I'm amazed at the trade value of Barrass. If either Pearce or Ryan, who I see as player equivalents, were being traded I'd be happy with that kind of deal (unless we wanted to get rid of him).

Also the comments on here indicate an expectation Kennedy goes for unders because he's being pushed. I see the same happening with Barrass and the Richmond players. Those clubs are on the rebuild and want to trade out the old stock.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We don't need to waste games seeing if he's performing. He's done and will be a mentor on the list next year.
I'm not as convinced he's done. Still a heartbeat from what I've seen.

But the preseason will be telling anyways as far as his likelihood of place in the pecking order and ability to have a presence.

Agree on the mentor role as primary. Just hoping he's forever scrubbed from the list of starting subs.

Sydney is Jake Stringer's most likely destination according to Sam Edmund (no guarantee to leave Essendon though)

I'm amazed at the trade value of Barrass. If either Pearce or Ryan, who I see as player equivalents, were being traded I'd be happy with that kind of deal (unless we wanted to get rid of him).

Also the comments on here indicate an expectation Kennedy goes for unders because he's being pushed. I see the same happening with Barrass and the Richmond players. Those clubs are on the rebuild and want to trade out the old stock.
Think there’s a big difference between Kennedy who wants to stay it appears but club are pushing him out, and the likes of Bolton and Barass who have approached their clubs and asked to leave.

Key defenders that can take the number on gorilla on the opposition team are arguably the most premium position if the ground in the current AFL landscape. There’s very few of them and that why they are so valuable. If Barass plays the other night he would have shut down Georgiades and hawks are in Sydney this weekend for a prelim. It’s a big an impact as that for many clubs.

Luke Parker to North would open up the money for Stringer though unfortunately

Brett deledio says knobel waiting to see

All he hears from list managers is spots are tight
Is he his manager?

I feel like I'm losing it with Knobel, what more does the kid need to do and why would we prioriitse Reidy over him?

Small chance that those at the club have a bit more knowledge on the guy than someone who’s watched his three league games idk
Nah, I'm not doing this. I'm sure they do, but you can say that about everything at the club and all we would do on here is nod and say yes. And the club makes mistakes, some would argue, frequently...

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back