List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

What is the maximum (walk away point) you would pay for Bolton.

• 9 OR 10

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • 9 & 25

Votes: 8 20.0%
  • 9 & 17

Votes: 16 40.0%
  • 9 & F1

Votes: 7 17.5%
  • 9 & 10

Votes: 7 17.5%
  • 9, 10 & 17

Votes: 1 2.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Remember when Brad Hill had multiple years contracted at St Kilda had pick #6 and then wouldn't trade it to Freo for him.

They first traded it to GWS for #12 and #18
Then traded #12 and #18 for Howard, Ryder and pick #10 from Port

Then traded pick #10 to us.

We should consider a similar situation with Richmond. Move #9 out to a club with multiple later picks such as;
Sydney for their #18 and #19
Gold Coast for their #13 and #20

Or #9 and #10 to both for all four of those first round picks.

Then we have five. #13, #17, #18, #19, #20
This like a little kid complaining that they only have 2 mars bar left so their Mum snaps both in half so they have four Mars bars. The kid is happy, Mum has chocolate on her hands.

This like a little kid complaining that they only have 2 mars bar left so their Mum snaps both in half so they have four Mars bars. The kid is happy, Mum has chocolate on her hands.

Exactly, but then we get to trade "three/four first round picks" for Bolton and Baker and let a club buy the remaining one or two with a future first.

I believe the step in the middle is that our trading of #9, #14 and F1 is that Bolton, Baker and a couple of second round picks come back. Then we trade those second round picks to Brisbane for their future first for points to match their FS bid.

It would amount to #9 and #14 for the two players.

I believe the step in the middle is that our trading of #9, #14 and F1 is that Bolton, Baker and a couple of second round picks come back. Then we trade those second round picks to Brisbane for their future first for points to match their FS bid.

Or Richmond do that deal first, and save us the hassle

To even make that palatable in any shape they’d want to be paying half Bolton’s salary and giving 21 back

If they are paying half Bolton's salary, I don't think we will be getting much back except late junk picks. And even those might be earmarked by Richmond to give Brisbane points.

GC are hardly the beacon to judge fair trade value, but they jettisoned the remaining 1.6 million on Bowes' salary (800k over the last 2 years) for pick 7.

If we want 600k x 4 years, then it would almost certainly be 9+10 and nothing coming back. That might not even be enough to buy Bolton and 2.4 million.

I won't be surprised if we are looking at 9+10 for Bolton and 400k x 4 years and nothing much coming back. If we threw in 16 for Baker instead of his fair value of the Saints 2nd, then Richmond might add 100k per year to how much they are paying for Bolton.

Why Brisbane?

I’m guessing because Richmond have a bunch of later picks that’d be worth more than Brisbane’s first rounder in the points scale if you combine the points of two or more selections.

Tbh though I also think that’s how Gold Coast are supposedly trading so much for Rioli. Getting points back through later picks.

Richmond have a tonne of later picks but if they can deal correctly they probably end up finishing their draft by the mid twenties. A three way trades can mean they get very good picks without completely screwing us at the same time.

Except we don’t have 14 anymore and Brisbane would be forced to match with their 1st round pick (15-18) rather than the 2 seconds they get from Richmond. Much easier for us to just hold the 2nd round picks and trade them to Brisbane for their 1st this year, then either use it ourselves our auction it to the highest bidder (probably getting a better F1 than Brisbanes one anyway.
Bolton + Baker + 21 + 29 = 9 + 10 + 16
15-18 = 21+27
We have two picks 15-18 + 29 and a shit tonne of Boltons salary paid.
Personally I am not that keen on Baker, so do the whole thing without ports pick being involved.
Bolton + 21 = 9+10
21+27 = 15-18
We have Brisbane (15-18) and port (16-18) to take to the draft

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remember when Brad Hill had multiple years contracted at St Kilda had pick #6 and then wouldn't trade it to Freo for him.

They first traded it to GWS for #12 and #18
Then traded #12 and #18 for Howard, Ryder and pick #10 from Port

Then traded pick #10 to us.

We should consider a similar situation with Richmond. Move #9 out to a club with multiple later picks such as;
Sydney for their #18 and #19
Gold Coast for their #13 and #20

Or #9 and #10 to both for all four of those first round picks.

Then we have five. #13, #17, #18, #19, #20

Yep. I mentioned this when Pickett was spoken about. Said we should move 10 out for 2 late firsts.
Effectively, giving us 5 first rounders to wheel and deal with.

We should certainly still consider it. Absolutely leverage what we have.

Why do people think that trading 9 or 10 for a F1 takes the F1 off the table?

Tigers will just ask for the F1 instead and it will arguably have lower value than 9 or 10...

They can ask all they like.

If Warner is in play next year they can piss up a rope

Richmond are paying $1.02 to land Brisbanes pick first this year.

They’ll have all the currency and points to outbid anyone.

Where do we get 14?

Likely we end up with 9,10,16

If St Kilda (re: battle) get their wish that will quickly turn to 10,11,17 before trade week even starts. The Free agency kicks off (on 6/10) a few days before Trade period (9/10) and the deal for Battle is done. Will be lodged on 6/10 and compo announced prior to start of trade period on 9/10.

What’s this Sam Davison guy at Richmond VFL like? Won the best young player in the VFL award. Seems to be a decent medium/small forward?

What’s this Sam Davison guy at Richmond VFL like? Won the best young player in the VFL award. Seems to be a decent medium/small forward?
Think he might've been the only mature ager in the country invited to the national combine (I could be wrong here but there wasn't many if any others).

I haven't seen him play personally but some clubs are clearly interested.

Think he might've been the only mature ager in the country invited to the national combine (I could be wrong here but there wasn't many if any others).

I haven't seen him play personally but some clubs are clearly interested.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back