List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

What is the maximum (walk away point) you would pay for Bolton.

• 9 OR 10

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • 9 & 25

Votes: 9 15.5%
  • 9 & 17

Votes: 27 46.6%
  • 9 & F1

Votes: 9 15.5%
  • 9 & 10

Votes: 10 17.2%
  • 9, 10 & 17

Votes: 2 3.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

If Richmond get 9 & 17 for Bolton
Plus 6 for Rioli
Say 13 for baker (have to give something back

They’d have 1,6,9,13,17,21
They probably wouldn’t even use 29 that why I think freo can get it back
I know just spitballing but the Baker stuff is shitting me up the wall compared to the Smith/Geelong narrative. Baker is not worth close to 13 and I hope Dogs take Geelong to the cleaners

The price for Jackson was set by West Coast. Same as we set the price for Kelly. The Walls bashing about that trade is tiresome.
While I continue my Geelong rant, would they have paid that price? Not on their life. It was weak IMO.

The **** Twomey you dopey campaigner.

Three firsts for Baker and Bolton. Christ
Wouldn’t surprise me if there is a four way trade involving Richmond, Brisbane, Fremantle and Gold Coast. I wouldn’t at all be surprised if Richmond would have some interest in Will Brodie to assist their young midfield.

Our cost is ends up being 9,10,27 but we retain first round pick 16 and potentially get something later like 39.

Brisbane get a couple of picks in 20’s - like 26,27 and maybe something later.

Gold Coast get Rioli and shuffle some picks around - losing 12

Richmond get 10,11,12,15 out of the deal and lose some picks in the second and third round.

- Gold Coast 6, 12, 20, 26, 35
-Richmond 1,21, 29, 39, 41, Rioli, Bolton, Baker
  • Brisbane 15
  • Fremantle 9,10,16,27, Brodie

The price for Jackson was set by West Coast. Same as we set the price for Kelly. The Walls bashing about that trade is tiresome.
I play monopoly and Settlers of Catan.

Sometimes you lose in a trade, but you gain long term.

Moves can set up future moves.

The list is in a great spot with a solid spine, strong midfield and a young enough to challenge for a least 5 years.

Seriously, we are 1-3 explosive types from dominating the competition. Bolton is one and we can either trade one in or go to the draft to find them.

Wouldn’t surprise me if there is a four way trade involving Richmond, Brisbane, Fremantle and Gold Coast. I wouldn’t at all be surprised if Richmond would have some interest in Will Brodie to assist their young midfield.

Our cost is ends up being 9,10,27 but we retain first round pick 16 and potentially get something later like 39.

Richmond get 10,11,12,15 out of the deal and lose some picks in the second and third round.

• Brisbane 15
Problem for Richmond is Hopper and Taranto is already too slow. The Hopper trade in particular is s complete disaster, they could get similar output from a Brodie for free but instead paid two good picks and can't justify taking any other dlow accumulators.

• Brisbane 15

Given the quality and contract status of Bolton and Rioli I doubt we'd be trading them out for picks that will slide toward the end of the 1st round.

Just my 2c.

Agree with the sentiment here that Baker isn't worth P13.

If P17 slides to about 20, that's around what I think he's worth tbh.

Problem for Richmond is Hopper and Taranto is already too slow. The Hopper trade in particular is s complete disaster, they could get similar output from a Brodie for free but instead paid two good picks and can't justify taking any other dlow accumulators.
Tigers thought they could top up and go again.

Just they overrated their list and Hopper and Taranto are not as good as advertised.

While I continue my Geelong rant, would they have paid that price? Not on their life. It was weak IMO.

Their deals for Dangerfield and Cameron are unbelievable. Both RFA, so even when the clubs matches they had less power.

They never target contracted players.

The also have the benefit of not having top 10 picks, so they can't pay them.

Their deals for Dangerfield and Cameron are unbelievable. Both RFA, so even when the clubs matches they had less power.

They never target contracted players.

The also have the benefit of not having top 10 picks, so they can't pay them.
Another gripe of mine, why should RFA make a difference? It should be no different to out of contract, it's the same thing.

Also got Ollie Henry for chips and will dp the same with Smith I imagine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wonder why we aren't stronger on this?

I.e. the Hogan offload felt suspiciously like they felt they were doing GWS a favour they intended to cash in on in the future (but once the doors were shut, GWS laughed and then laughed some more).
Nah, the club just wanted him gone, nothing to do with GWS, they just capitalised on the one competitive advantage they have - player anonymity.

I'll pay my two cents on Hogan again as we are about to open these worms. Hearing his interviews recently, its clear we got ****ed on timing. The guy was never going to succeed here with the headspace he was in and the WA fish bowl. I'll always be pissed he couldn't give it his best shot, pissed, we weren't stronger but understand the reasons for both.

Last edited:
Wonder why we aren't stronger on this?

I.e. the Hogan offload felt suspiciously like they felt they were doing GWS a favour they intended to cash in on in the future (but once the doors were shut, GWS laughed and then laughed some more).
It was a salary dump notionally. One that we got hoodwinked on though. He still had too much potential to be let go for a late third rounder, particularly when GWS were known to be writing a new contract for him rather than eating his current one. Bell* made the decision he was definitely gone and once you place yourself in that situation you have no leverage. Clearly we weren't going to get pick 6 back, but it should have been something useable (pick in the 20s or an F2).

*Obviously I don't know this but it fits the facts imv

Remember when Brad Hill had multiple years contracted at St Kilda had pick #6 and then wouldn't trade it to Freo for him.

They first traded it to GWS for #12 and #18
Then traded #12 and #18 for Howard, Ryder and pick #10 from Port

Then traded pick #10 to us.

We should consider a similar situation with Richmond. Move #9 out to a club with multiple later picks such as;
Sydney for their #18 and #19
Gold Coast for their #13 and #20

Or #9 and #10 to both for all four of those first round picks.

Then we have five. #13, #17, #18, #19, #20
Surprised that Fremantle never think to do this.
Always get low balled then have to cough up 2 first rounders for any reasonable WA player.

Pick 10 was a joke for an outgoing Doig Medal winner on massive salary. Yet Battle will get a top 10 compensation. Riiiight

I know just spitballing but the Baker stuff is shitting me up the wall compared to the Smith/Geelong narrative. Baker is not worth close to 13 and I hope Dogs take Geelong to the cleaners
Baker is overrated, so much so that even second rounder isn’t his ball park. But Richmond are smart here in offering Bolton in the package. Easy hoodwink.

Almost tempted to just let him slide and West Coast having to use pick 3 somewhat in a trade. That’ll be funny

Baker is overrated, so much so that even second rounder isn’t his ball park. But Richmond are smart here in offering Bolton in the package. Easy hoodwink.

Almost tempted to just let him slide and West Coast having to use pick 3 somewhat in a trade. That’ll be funny
I mean, I disagree heavily. Baker is a good genuine player that will make us better and I'd have no problem with a pick in the low 20s for him

• Brisbane 15
Don’t hate idea but just can’t see Brodie going anywhere… Richmond have 3-4 older mids doubt Brodie would be on there hit list

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back