List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

What is the maximum (walk away point) you would pay for Bolton.

• 9 OR 10

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • 9 & 25

Votes: 10 16.1%
  • 9 & 17

Votes: 29 46.8%
  • 9 & F1

Votes: 9 14.5%
  • 9 & 10

Votes: 11 17.7%
  • 9, 10 & 17

Votes: 2 3.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

On gettable today Twomey said there's a world in which we trade one of our firsts (9 or 10) to North Melbourne for their future first. This was based on us not getting Baker/not trading all three of our firsts to Richmond, and North then using the pick we give them to get Houston
Twomey is only good to listen to when the draft is on.

Clubs feed him more information after the trade period but before that they are using him for red herrings and negotiations.

This is a Freo take but I think even getting Baker, we'll fight tooth and nail to keep the latest first round pick through including a steak knives player or a future pick. Whether that's possible I dont know but I imagine that would be Freo's goal

Richmond take, you were contending all year before falling away.

I'd be looking at players to bridge that gap (like RFC in 2016, bringing in Nankervis, Caddy and Prestia), assuming the window is open - which I think it is.

The draft produces good talent but won't help for 2-3 years at least, so if you're in contention now then it might be the right time to trade blokes in.

9 and 17 is about 6 and 40.

3 years and Bolton is a better player balances it out.

Bolton is not playing his best at the current Richmond team. It's better for you guys to bank salary for a future war chest and picks for the future.

Honestly with Dusty, Grimes + Pickett retiring...then Baker, Rioli, Bolton and Graham and looking to leave...I dunno how tf we're supposed to meet the minimum TPP requirement unless we pay some of Rioli and Bolton's wages.

Given Freo is hopefully in the window and has some good players it would make sense for Freo to trade players in now, pay the picks, let other clubs pay the wages, and have a punt at the flag.

The picks this year won't help you for a few years.

Also if you're suggesting picks 9+17 is the same as 6+40....yeah maybe on points and the bidding system....but no club in their right mind is trading 9+17 for 6+40.

Cerra's ceiling is nowhere near Bolton's from what I have seen.

Honestly with Dusty, Grimes + Pickett retiring...then Baker, Rioli, Bolton and Graham and looking to leave...I dunno how tf we're supposed to meet the minimum TPP requirement unless we pay some of Rioli and Bolton's wages.

Given Freo is hopefully in the window and has some good players it would make sense for Freo to trade players in now, pay the picks, let other clubs pay the wages, and have a punt at the flag.

The picks this year won't help you for a few years.

Also if you're suggesting picks 9+17 is the same as 6+40....yeah maybe on points and the bidding system....but no club in their right mind is trading 9+17 for 6+40.

Cerra's ceiling is nowhere near Bolton's from what I have seen.
Cerra was primed to hit a ceiling which never happened 🤣

Getting on my hobby horse.

Chris Voss style of negotiating is way better than the hardball splitting the difference approaches.

Normal negotiating process is start with an offer and they count coffer it. Then each side tries to screw the other until somebody breaks.

Voss style is about information gaining and using tactic empathy to get an outcome that benefits both sides.
How does the technique fair when negotiating with sociopaths?

I think Richmond would prefer more future picks over replacing ten players in one draft this year. That might look nice on paper to have half the top thirty in the draft joining your club but you aren't going to be able to play them all and they are all clearly talented so you'll lose them for cents on the dollar in two to three years as they seek opportunity elsewhere.

And consider that if you did play them all for three years, you will lose every single game because half your team as teenagers does not an AFL team make - then you'll lose a bunch of them seeking to play in a side that is going to win.

I think they will want to spread their load over two years.

That said, if they will take all four of our picks, #9, #10, #16, F1 and give us a second round pick this year and their first next year - done deal.

A top three pick for Warner, done, over. Immediately offer it this year and they'll take it.
The draft this year is rated a lot higher than next year’s. But in saying that No way Richmond trade a F1 to anyone.
Freo would be reluctant to trade F1 incase Warner does become available

The draft this year is rated a lot higher than next year’s. But in saying that No way Richmond trade a F1 to anyone.

Downgrading our F1 into Richmond's isn't a risk for us, it's Richmond choosing that extra first round pick this year over a slightly later one next year.

On gettable today Twomey said there's a world in which we trade one of our firsts (9 or 10) to North Melbourne for their future first. This was based on us not getting Baker/not trading all three of our firsts to Richmond, and North then using the pick we give them to get Houston
Pick 1 WOULD be great currency for Chad…..

How does the technique fair when negotiating with sociopaths?
Is there a specific person you have in mind? 🤔
200.gif

Last edited:

I bet they’d be prepared to package it with this years Pick 1 and 6 (for Rioli) and offer it to WC for Harley. Plus they’ll have a bazillion dollars they could offer him.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Getting on my hobby horse.

Chris Voss style of negotiating is way better than the hardball splitting the difference approaches.

Normal negotiating process is start with an offer and they count coffer it. Then each side tries to screw the other until somebody breaks.

Voss style is about information gaining and using tactic empathy to get an outcome that benefits both sides.

Should be mandatory reading for any manager or sales person.

It is, but we don't help ourselves essentially having a trade ban with the only other side in WA. Crazy that the last trade between the two clubs was back in the year 2000.
Does that include pick swaps?

If so, that's mental.

Does that include pick swaps?

If so, that's mental.

Didn't look into pick swaps but the last player traded to/from was Daniel Metropolis/Greg Harding in 2000! Doesn't make any sense for either side given we both only have one club to trade from where the player doesn't have to move across the country.

It is, but we don't help ourselves essentially having a trade ban with the only other side in WA. Crazy that the last trade between the two clubs was back in the year 2000.
I see it as a result of it being a proper rivalry tbh. You don't see Adelaide and Port trade with each other all that often either.

Look at other sports, for example in the EPL if you play for Manchester Utd or Liverpool then play for the other you basically get branded as a w**nker by anyone who's not the new team's supporters. Same with Chelsea and Arsenal, Arsenal and Spurs, Liverpool and Everton etc etc.

I think we're at the stage in WA where it's no different tbh. Think the clubs would trade with each other if someone was brave enough to request the trade but I doubt any player does.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back