List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

What is the maximum (walk away point) you would pay for Bolton.

• 9 OR 10

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • 9 & 25

Votes: 10 14.3%
  • 9 & 17

Votes: 37 52.9%
  • 9 & F1

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • 9 & 10

Votes: 11 15.7%
  • 9, 10 & 17

Votes: 2 2.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m starting to feel sick at the idea of giving 9,10 and 16(?) for Bolton / Baker. They don’t move the needle as much as we perceive. Especially if we can’t sign NOD to an extension.

If it’s all 3, we need to get 3 high 2nd rounders back. Two picks in the 20s and their 2nd rounder next year.

Careful, people on here don't like it if you question bringing in Bolton.

Bolton, just Bolton is 1.5x the scoring impact of our best non tall forward, Michael Frederick.

Replacing our two worst performing small forwards with Bolton and Baker adds 220 score involvements

I disagree. You haven’t subtracted the score involvements of the players they are replacing. Say Banfield and Walters.

We haven’t replacing JOM / Fyfe who are BOG average on 2024 form and need upgrading. Say we replace one with Erasmus and the other with NOD (assuming we kepp him)

I don’t think Bolton, Baker, NOD, Erasmus for Banfield, Walters, JOM and Fyfe moves the needle enough.

What will actually move the needle is full preseasons for Darcy and Cox. Injury free years for our talls, which is no guarantee.

I don’t see the need to lose 3 firsts for Baker and Bolton. Baker is Reece Conca level and Bolton is a star, but has below average goal accuracy and suboptimal defensive pressure.

North Melbourne is crutching at straws.
Reminds me of Moe on the lie detector from The Simpsons

"Can we get this moving we just signed Dustin Martin, buzz Andrew Gaff, buzz Josh Kelly, buzz Griffin Logue, buzz alright alright we signed Jared Polec!! buzz Jack Darling ding"

Still think we're not as good as we think, obviously Banfield, Fyfe, O'Meara, Aish, and Freddy if he keeps blowing hot and cold the way he does need to be replaced by players who perform well consistently.

Potential replacements, Erasmus, Noddy, and Bolton, Warner, Martin, and Pickett.

Even if we get all of them, where's the depth here? That's the part where I think it's a missed opportunity if we don't take at least one decent pick this draft.

I disagree. You haven’t subtracted the score involvements of the players they are replacing. Say Banfield and Walters.

Banfield was our best forward by score involvements and goals scored.

But even with those two you've chosen, there's 60 more score involvements with Baker and Bolton. Let's say it's 180 points across the 23 games, so 8 points a game.

We then beat the Blues (10 points with that extra kick from a double goal), Power (3 points), Pies, Bombers

That puts us at 2nd on the ladder.

That's plenty of needle moving

Just saw Reidy and Vossy at the shops looking pretty relaxed. Do not look like a couple of guys shopping themselves around, they were shopping at Smokemart though. Maybe Cigars for the WAFL gf.
What do guys shopping themselves around actually look like?
Would it be like girls shopping themselves around?
I feel like I need to know, just in case...

I’m starting to feel sick at the idea of giving 9,10 and 16(?) for Bolton / Baker. They don’t move the needle as much as we perceive. Especially if we can’t sign NOD to an extension.

If it’s all 3, we need to get 3 high 2nd rounders back. Two picks in the 20s and their 2nd rounder next year.

Bolton doesn't move the needle? If he can replicate his 2023 and 2022 numbers, I would consider him a top 10 offensive weapon in the whole competition and in line for another AA berth. Score involvements over those years ... 12th and 6th by average, or 10th and 4th by total.

Mind boggling how people keep trying to play down Bolton's value. He is easily worth pick 9, and then easily worth pick 9+10 or 9+16 with the extra first buying a chunk of salary paid by Richmond. And nothing much coming back.

It's frankly entirely coaching if Baker and Bolton dont move the needle. We were 15 minutes off in about 5 games from finishing top 4. How much talent do you expect to be added in one off season? You dont need the very best maximised list to be a chance or GWS and Dogs would be in the GF IMO.

If Baker and Bolton - who each have at least 4 years of their best footy left, arent enough to get us contending, it's on JL

We haven’t replacing JOM / Fyfe who are BOG average on 2024 form and need upgrading. Say we replace one with Erasmus and the other with NOD (assuming we kepp him)

I don’t think Bolton, Baker, NOD, Erasmus for Banfield, Walters, JOM and Fyfe moves the needle enough.

What will actually move the needle is full preseasons for Darcy and Cox. Injury free years for our talls, which is no guarantee.

I don’t see the need to lose 3 firsts for Baker and Bolton. Baker is Reece Conca level and Bolton is a star, but has below average goal accuracy and suboptimal defensive pressure.
I agree. The biggest improvement next season should be coming from within. Darcy and Cox could be like new AA recruits if the footy gods are kind. There's still lots of improvement to come from the 2019 and later draft classes, which is like 70% of our B22.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Get the rivalry reasoning but it's hurting both clubs who pay overs to get West Aussies back to WA when there are plenty at both clubs that could be traded. We bleat about all the disadvantages the WA clubs get but this doesn't help the cause.

As I said in my post I think it's just as much the players not wanting to go from one team to the other than the clubs not wanting to trade with each other.

Rivalries don't exist the same way in the AFL outside of WA and SA. There's too many teams in Victoria and GWS and GC are too plastic to have proper rivalries with Sydney and Brisbane respectively.
It's worth noting that the clubs have engaged in some limited trading with each in the AFLW programs. I know it's not quite the same, there are differences due to part-time nature of the comp and (until now) state-based drafting, possibly some other "intangibles", but I do wonder whether these trades will increase openness to cross-town trading in the men's comp.

If we got Bolton and Baker alone this off-season I'd be happy, unfortunately as much as we would love it, clubs don't add bags of elite players in one off-season. We already have a team that nearly finished top 4 if a few games went our way in close circumstances.

Adding Bolton and Baker on top of that realistically should be more than enough, and Martin for free if we're lucky. Objectively that's a very good off-season.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back