List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

What is the maximum (walk away point) you would pay for Bolton.

• 9 OR 10

Votes: 4 4.8%
  • 9 & 25

Votes: 13 15.5%
  • 9 & 17

Votes: 39 46.4%
  • 9 & F1

Votes: 11 13.1%
  • 9 & 10

Votes: 15 17.9%
  • 9, 10 & 17

Votes: 2 2.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Assuming we get Bolton, I really hope we get another small forward with him.

I think to get value from him, you need him running through the middle at least 15% of the game, and roaming up the ground for large chunks of the rest of the game.

Would love for the 7 forwards to be

Amiss, Treacy, Jackson, Sturt
Switta, Bolton, (Forward pocket e.g. Berry or Hannaford)

Switta could even be moved into the midfield rotation, if we had another quality small forward.
Bolton can play midfield minutes as well.

If we go to the draft with picks 10, 26 and go small forwards. We would have high percentage of nailing one of the picks if not both. Strong draft for 10-30.

Seems like you are no fan of Freddy. People look at the lack of tackle count and you maybe in that camp. I look at the type of tackle, how many broken tackles, and how many times players overreach and create an overlap. While Freddy has a low tackle count, but the team needs some purely outside players. It's not good too many players getting sucked into the ball, and it exposes you on the outside.

Run down tackles in my eyes is more value than pack tackle. Plus, I see players go for a tackle they are unlikely to make and just create overlaps. Better to channel them down the sideline and force them to kick over hands and create a high kick. Therefore, allows the defense a few more seconds to set up behind the ball.

Was I've noticed about Freddy he closes the distance to the ball carrier and forces long kicks or increase the time for the short pass. The next mark is man up straight away which leads to slow movement from the opposition, Therefore, Freddy values his impact on the movement coming out from D50.

If Warner or Kozzie are in contention next year we won't be giving up F1.
I personally wouldn't given any future picks at this trade period.

We have enough trade assets this year to get Bolton and still has two picks in the top 30.

If we do go after, Warner or Kozzie we will have 2025,2026,2027 first round picks to trade plus 2025 second round pick.

Seems like you are no fan of Freddy. People look at the lack of tackle count and you maybe in that camp. I look at the type of tackle, how many broken tackles, and how many times players overreach and create an overlap. While Freddy has a low tackle count, but the team needs some purely outside players. It's not good too many players getting sucked into the ball, and it exposes you on the outside.

Run down tackles in my eyes is more value than pack tackle. Plus, I see players go for a tackle they are unlikely to make and just create overlaps. Better to channel them down the sideline and force them to kick over hands and create a high kick. Therefore, allows the defense a few more seconds to set up behind the ball.

Was I've noticed about Freddy he closes the distance to the ball carrier and forces long kicks or increase the time for the short pass. The next mark is man up straight away which leads to slow movement from the opposition, Therefore, Freddy values his impact on the movement coming out from D50.

I just think we need another small, who is good at getting front and center, and roving the ball.

I can see a role for Freddy on the wing.

Maybe Switta and Freddy each play 50/50 forward and mid and we can fit both in.

I also have not seen anther defensive pressure from Freddy. Maybe this is incorrect, but with Switta being top 10 in the doig, Sturt being a golden boy in my eyes, Bolton being Bolton, and myself wanting a small forward then Freddy was the one who had to go.

I’d argue you need to be taking more not less rookie and late picks when you are in the top 4.
Geelong certainly don’t seem to turn over their list any less aggressively in the last 15 years or so.

They are the most active club in Ireland for example, and always seems to be rookie drafting guys like Dempsey, Close, Atkins, and using late picks on Humphries and the likes.

My point has always been that 18 months or two years is ample time for a rookie to demonstrate what they can do or even show signs of being a future piece, and if the club believes they won’t make it after seeing them for that duration as a listed player - ship them out and get the next one in.

Clinging on an extra year or two on the list to the likes of Sebit Kuek, Isiah Butters, Eric Benning, Jarvis Pina, Jason Carter, Tobe Watson, even Ethan Stanley this year potentially, means there’s less chances of finding those diamonds in the rough like Treacy and Draper.

Its a bit different for top 30 picks as the sunk cost fallacy becomes a genuine issue for all clubs so they often give an extra year or years for players to show they are at the level when drafted in this range.

Interesting thought, this was probably an area we have failed at through the 2010s as you point out.

Treacy is an interesting case. He broke out in his 4th season but didn’t have much more than glimpses through the other years. But he got games as we had very few options and he managed to get past his competition.

The game time opportunity ship has sailed, you need to perform or not play. There are no longer development spots in the team. Therefore the chances of a rookie hitting our list in 2024 & breaking out in 2028 are probably tiny. Especially since there is no Covid to mask a rookie picks production.

Who ever fills those last few list spots probably needs to be a mature age player for more impact. Keeping them or picking up a new one doesn’t really matter.

Disagree on Treacy. I thought it was clearly apparent from year 1 that there was immense promise there. And I think that's the qualifier - if there isn't in year 1 or 2 then goodbye. If there's a clear potential ok keep the player.

Max King signs on at the saints.

6 year extension, 8 years contracted now.

There's a few saints fans unhappy. (understatement)

Max King signs on at the saints.

6 year extension, 8 years contracted now.

There's a few saints fans unhappy. (understatement)
Also understandable, that could blow up worse than Oliver's current contract the way his year went

DragoDelph - can you change the Poll for the thread, to be "What is the maximum you would pay for Shai Bolton?"

I saw the same poll on Twitter, but I can't change it.

Options
9 or 10
9 and 25
9 and 17
9 and 10

Thanks
The draft picks given would depend on how much salary Richmond will be willing to pay.
That should be added to the poll or it's pretty pointless.

Baker needs to piss or get off the pot
I think he's lost the pot.

Surely having that level of indecision on that choice would cool us on him considerably. I mean you'd think any pull to the WC would be primarily an emotional and/or financial one.

If you have any sort of drive for being in a contending team while your still able to make any sort of significant contribution, we're a lay down misére.

Surely having that level of indecision on that choice would cool us on him considerably. I mean you'd think any pull to the WC would be primarily an emotional and/or financial one.

If you have any sort of drive for being in a contending team while your still able to make any sort of significant contribution, we're a lay down misére.
His management team has dropped the ball on this.

Baker is a top player, West Coast is rebuilding, and Fremantle doesn't need him.

Both clubs would like to have him but won't pay the salary he wants and trade the assets Richmond want.

He and his management team stuffed this up and wanted a massive retirement fund. Now, they are in two minds as both clubs won't pay up.

Baker should have stayed in Victoria and another club would have pay him the amount he wanted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His management team has dropped the ball on this.

Baker is a top player, West Coast is rebuilding, and Fremantle doesn't need him.

Both clubs would like to have him but won't pay the salary he wants and trade the assets Richmond want.

He and his management team stuffed this up and wanted a massive retirement fund. Now, they are in two minds as both clubs won't pay up.

Baker should have stayed in Victoria and another club would have pay him the amount he wanted.
Well certainly their maneuverings would have me, if I was tasked with list management, reducing the bikkies I'd be putting up.

The draft picks given would depend on how much salary Richmond will be willing to pay.
That should be added to the poll or it's pretty pointless.

I don't know how you add paid salary, with out giving people the option to do multiple responses.

You almost need 2 polls, max draft picks with zero salary and max draft picks with 400k salary.

Why is it that Baker is the only one at fault for indecision? Maybe he can't get a firm commitment from Freo with everything else we've got going on with Bolton, Pickett, Warner, Sturt, Noddy, etc.

I think he jumped the gun with announcing he wants to head back west, but I don't see any issue with what he has done since.

Why is it that Baker is the only one at fault for indecision? Maybe he can't get a firm commitment from Freo with everything else we've got going on with Bolton, Pickett, Warner, Sturt, Noddy, etc.

I think he jumped the gun with announcing he wants to head back west, but I don't see any issue with what he has done since.
I think what is actually happening is that he would prefer WC but they won't commit (in informal discussions) as yet to the level of draft capital return he feels he owes Richmond. So there is a game of chicken going on.

Which is why I said its a bit disrespectful as in the above scenario we are clearly the least important party and being used as leverage (even if it is not a bluff and he would come here).

Of all the players asking for trades only 2 have specified a club of choice publicly.

Of all the players asking for trades only 2 have specified a club of choice publicly.
Bakers a bit different in that he's one of only a few out of contract AND both his potential teams are out of finals. Additionally, if it's only 2 that have formally requested a team, most others everyone knows where they are going I think.

Probably right and had no idea that Bolton wanted to go back to WA as well. Baker probably thought he'd get a great deal from either club but he's ended up as sprinkles.

Bakers a bit different in that he's one of only a few out of contract AND both his potential teams are out of finals. Additionally, if it's only 2 that have formally requested a team, most others everyone knows where they are going I think.
You have your answer. He's waiting on who will coach the Eagles.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back