List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

What is the maximum (walk away point) you would pay for Bolton.

• 9 OR 10

Votes: 4 4.8%
  • 9 & 25

Votes: 13 15.5%
  • 9 & 17

Votes: 39 46.4%
  • 9 & F1

Votes: 11 13.1%
  • 9 & 10

Votes: 15 17.9%
  • 9, 10 & 17

Votes: 2 2.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I think what is actually happening is that he would prefer WC but they won't commit (in informal discussions) as yet to the level of draft capital return he feels he owes Richmond. So there is a game of chicken going on.

Which is why I said its a bit disrespectful as in the above scenario we are clearly the least important party and being used as leverage (even if it is not a bluff and he would come here).

It's not really disrespectful when it goes both ways. Baker wants WC. We want Bolton and Pickett. Neither party has the other as the main priority.

Why is it that Baker is the only one at fault for indecision? Maybe he can't get a firm commitment from Freo with everything else we've got going on with Bolton, Pickett, Warner, Sturt, Noddy, etc.

I think he jumped the gun with announcing he wants to head back west, but I don't see any issue with what he has done since.
They're stark choices. Maybe it's just the media game. But any wavering towards the WC is not adding to his attractiveness.

Interesting thought, this was probably an area we have failed at through the 2010s as you point out.

Disagree on Treacy. I thought it was clearly apparent from year 1 that there was immense promise there. And I think that's the qualifier - if there isn't in year 1 or 2 then goodbye. If there's a clear potential ok keep the player.
Immense promise but he was getting AFL games because the cupboard was bare rather than developing in the WAFL. He kicked 13, 1 & 15 goals in his first 3 seasons. He had some knocks on himself, hence why he ended up as a Rookie selection be he's doubled his marks and tripled his goal output to announce himself.

Those sort of fairy tales happen less and less these days, especially with a team challenging rather than rebuilding. I believe that opportunity plays a big role with players making it and we just can't offer as much opportunities for rookies anymore. I'd be picking only mature rookies from now on so there isn't the AFL body building lead time required.

It's not really disrespectful when it goes both ways. Baker wants WC. We want Bolton and Pickett. Neither party has the other as the main priority.
Black Widow Avengers GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I almost want Baker more than Bolton, Bolts is great, but value for money/picks/player output makes me want Baker more,
He is a bloody good player.
Bolton is much more of a match winner. Baker's more glue. Bolton's brain busters are much more shooting for the stars. Baker's brain fades are more sniping and giving away unnecessary free kicks.

With Brayden Preuss delisted I'd be keeping an eye on him as a rookie listed SSP pick up if we are going to lose Reidy, as long as it doesn't interfere with development of Knobel
He pulled a hammy jogging onto the ground.

Surely Baker's too short to be the primary defensive mid, right? Bedford is probably the shortest guy that gets that role (his is more specific opponent tagging than general defensive mid) and even he's a fair bit taller.
It's more about pace to defend nowadays

He's like 9cm shorter than pestling and 5 shorter than bedford, nothing egregious

Im more worried about pace on the spread and ability to stick a tackle

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back