List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

What is the maximum (walk away point) you would pay for Bolton.

• 9 OR 10

Votes: 4 4.8%
  • 9 & 25

Votes: 13 15.5%
  • 9 & 17

Votes: 39 46.4%
  • 9 & F1

Votes: 11 13.1%
  • 9 & 10

Votes: 15 17.9%
  • 9, 10 & 17

Votes: 2 2.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't understand. Are they saying North would trade their future first for Pick 9 or 10. Doubt they'd be stupid enough to trade it for both tbh. They're still sh**e enough that they could be trading out pick 1 - I'd expect pick 3 at best because Richmond and West Coast will be awful again but pick 1 isn't impossible with an injury run from hell.
The implication is they'd get our pick plus change, otherwise they would just hand the future first directly to Port for Houston.

Even if Bolton/Baker did fall through, I honestly couldn't see us trading out 9 and 10 for a future first from North. I also don't think JL can afford to put all his apples into getting Warner for 2026 when we clearly need a game breaking small forward to drive us up the ladder.

I reckon Shai will be agreed on early doors but actually get done at the death for 'suspense' as nobody will give a shit about other trades like Darling to North and Martin to Geelong enough for those to be held over
I think Barrass and Smith are set up to provide trade radio talking points through to the deadline (Smith in particular is going to be nasty I think). Bolton will be done week 1 easily IMO.

Pretty sure if Warner isn’t this year, then we look at koz/baker and worry about Chad next year.
Agree, but the article was suggesting we could miss out on Bolton and Baker, and if we did we should convert the currency into our 2025 draft hand for another crack at Warner. I don't think we have a year to wait, we need to improve the list now.

I think Barrass and Smith are set up to provide trade radio talking points through to the deadline (Smith in particular is going to be nasty I think). Bolton will be done week 1 easily IMO.
Start of week 2 is what will happen

Freo usually folds after a weekend

Nothing will happen week 1, just the bare minimum

Start of week 2 is what will happen

Freo usually folds after a weekend

Nothing will happen week 1, just the bare minimum
Nah, I think this is a long way progressed and will need to happen for other deals. Backing in week 1

You have your answer. He's waiting on who will coach the Eagles.

I doubt the Egos are going to be interested in pleasing anyone other than Harley Reid in regard to who the new coach will be. Having said that all the applicants are unprove,n so it's going to be a massive ask for Baker to give the thumbs up to a rookie coach?

Do you have an inkling of the price trade wise?
I got burnt on Jackson and learnt it is very very rare anyone knows until the deal is done unless it's basically reported by Twomey. Unlike Barrass and Smith though, I've heard nothing to suggest discussions arent going smoothly and pretty far along

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His management team has dropped the ball on this.

Baker is a top player, West Coast is rebuilding, and Fremantle doesn't need him.

Both clubs would like to have him but won't pay the salary he wants and trade the assets Richmond want.

He and his management team stuffed this up and wanted a massive retirement fund. Now, they are in two minds as both clubs won't pay up.

Baker should have stayed in Victoria and another club would have pay him the amount he wanted.
Wrong on every account

Was told you guys meet with Baker again yesterday not sure what that means with recruiting him though ?

As a WCE fan don't want to give up a draft pick for him as I think we just need to hit the draft
Feel he makes more sense for you guys as your in your premiership window, and he will help keep standards
high and has great finals experience to lean on

Seems will be a busy trade period

Was told you guys meet with Baker again yesterday not sure what that means with recruiting him though ?

As a WCE fan don't want to give up a draft pick for him as I think we just need to hit the draft
Feel he makes more sense for you guys as your in your premiership window, and he will help keep standards
high and has great finals experience to lean on

Seems will be a busy trade period
I swear to God both clubs are almost being forced to trade for him, that, or Freo have got some Carlton Visy shenanigans going on

It's more about pace to defend nowadays

He's like 9cm shorter than pestling and 5 shorter than bedford, nothing egregious

Im more worried about pace on the spread and ability to stick a tackle
I look at it a bit like a basketball perimeter defender, especially in the tight areas. Coz once you're blown by, there's relatively little that the main mids can do, and it then is up to other players. Switta is probably the best defensive small fwd in the league, but when we put him in midfield it's usually to get something going offensively, not defensively.

Being quick helps and being slow hurts. But there's only so much that a quick, feisty midget with a poor wingspan (this is a metric which we can't really know in AFL) can do, and you'd rather a bigger dude with a longer wingspan who can't be pushed around, sticks his tackles and isn't giving up too much quickness-wise, especially over the first few steps.

Jordan Clark: Bailey Smith wants to be at Freo.

Said as a throwaway line to a callers name being Baz on the latest pod.

Wouldn’t surprise me if both clubs wish to offer a 2nd rounder and it’s become a stalemate.
Baker - Wants Richmond to get best deal.
Eagles - Searching for ways to move back slightly. Example give pick 23 but wanting Baker and change.
Freo - offering 27

Baker wants to leave. Both clubs want him. Neither club wants to go large when out of contract and have other priorities plus draft is stacked.

Wouldn’t surprise me if both clubs wish to offer a 2nd rounder and it’s become a stalemate.
Baker - Wants Richmond to get best deal.
Eagles - Searching for ways to move back slightly. Example give pick 23 but wanting Baker and change.
Freo - offering 27

Baker wants to leave. Both clubs want him. Neither club wants to go large when out of contract and have other priorities plus draft is stacked.
Tbh Eagles should just walk him through the PSD, Richmond won't need the picks after this trade period.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back