List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

What is the maximum (walk away point) you would pay for Bolton.

• 9 OR 10

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • 9 & 25

Votes: 18 19.4%
  • 9 & 17

Votes: 43 46.2%
  • 9 & F1

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • 9 & 10

Votes: 15 16.1%
  • 9, 10 & 17

Votes: 2 2.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Why does it require two of our guns to meet and have coffee with him in order to "convince" him Freo is where it's at, he's Liam bloody Baker not Kozzy Pickett or Chad Warner for heavens sake.
I imagine having coffee at Cockburn Central is a pretty hard sell for anyone.

Another reason we should have stayed in Freo!

Brayshaw and Serong even had dinner with Josh Corbett when he was deciding where to go. You pull every string you can to land a player you want.. There is no pecking order. Love that these guys help sell the vision/culture

If there's anything of note out of this it's that Brayshaw and Serong are doing this.

1. Brayshaw clearly isn't going anywhere
2. What's Alex Pearce doing?

If there's anything of note out of this it's that Brayshaw and Serong are doing this.

1. Brayshaw clearly isn't going anywhere
2. What's Alex Pearce doing?
I just think Pearce is an action leader. He's a natural leader and is incredibly competitive regarding the aspects that actually directly relate to the game. But formalities, meetings, all that...not his style. On his Better Down Back pod I'm pretty sure he jokes about how he'd like to dump next year's captain's meeting (or some other silly formality) on Brayshaw.

So assuming NOd and Sharp play on the wings, Chapman stays back forcing Drapes to play at Peel and Fyfe and Raz wax a midfielder position off and on, who do you drop for Baker?

Dont say Walters as Ive already got Bolton in his position.
Dont say O’Meara, Aish, Emmett or Banners as I already dont have them best 22.

Who are we dropping in the forward line out of J,J,J, Sturt, Freddy, Shai or Switta??
Or are we suggesting he plays back for Wagner or Walker??
I dont get why we would reach for him.
Who exactly are you going to drop?

So assuming NOd and Sharp play on the wings, Chapman stays back forcing Drapes to play at Peel and Fyfe and Raz wax a midfielder position off and on, who do you drop for Baker?

Who are we dropping in the forward line out of J,J,J, Sturt, Freddy, Shai or Switta??

You wouldn't drop any of them listed .except maybe Walker and that would be an expensive upgrade

Why not look at the entire 22 as ge also plays midfield and see who he relates. The reality is that Omera Aish Banners and occasionally Emmett were best 22 last season as JLO continued to play them. So I'd happily replace any of those guys for Baker because they are all C grade players and Baker is a B grader. B plus potentially in a good side which isn't currently Richmond

Would Baker replace Sonny? JL loves flexibility, probably part of the appeal is he can play multiple roles.
Even without Baker and Bolton coming in, I don’t see how we can play Walters, Fyfe and O’Meara in the same team.

Not like for like, Erasmus, and Simpson will press for selection.

Then you add Draper if Cox, Pearce , and Chapman are fit.

It’s going to be very difficult putting 28 players into 23 Spots.

Even without Baker and Bolton coming in, I don’t see how we can play Walters, Fyfe and O’Meara in the same team.

Not like for like, Erasmus, and Simpson will press for selection.

Then you add Draper if Cox, Pearce , and Chapman are fit.

It’s going to be very difficult putting 28 players into 23 Spots.
Get Walters to 250 games as a tactical sub, he’s earned it. Fyfe still has something left in the tank. Never been a fan of JOM. Hopefully he gets dropped from the leadership group and team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The answer is probably Wagner, however he’s not even starting 18, he’s our 7th defender.
This has been my problem with Baker the whole time, he’s a good player but I don’t see where he fits (or who he pushes out). If players progress how we’d like them to, by round 24 next year this should be our B23:

Walker Pearce Ryan
Clark Cox Chapman
Sharp Young O’Driscoll
Frederick Treacy Sturt
Jackson Amiss Bolton

Darcy Brayshaw Serong

I: Johnson, Erasmus, Switowski, Wagner.

How much is Baker moving the needle replacing anyone in that line up?

Get Walters to 250 games as a tactical sub, he’s earned it. Fyfe still has something left in the tank. Never been a fan of JOM. Hopefully he gets dropped from the leadership group and team.
I can see that with Walters.

Archie Thompson in the Melbourne Victory was the tactic sub and came in late to kick a goal.

Fyfe 2024 was ok but he wasn’t the same player who broke tackles. If he can get power in his shoulders again, he is a weapon.

The answer is probably Wagner, however he’s not even starting 18, he’s our 7th defender.
This has been my problem with Baker the whole time, he’s a good player but I don’t see where he fits (or who he pushes out). If players progress how we’d like them to, by round 24 next year this should be our B23:

Walker Pearce Ryan
Clark Cox Chapman
Sharp Young O’Driscoll
Frederick Treacy Sturt
Jackson Amiss Bolton

Darcy Brayshaw Serong

Walker Pearce Ryan
Clark Cox Chapman
Sharp Young <>
<> Treacy Sturt
Jackson Amiss Bolton

Darcy Brayshaw Serong

I: Switowski, <>, <>, <>, <>

I think 17 spots are almost locked in.

Potential ins: Baker, <Draft Picks>

O'Driscoll, Frederick, Wagner, Erasmus, Johnson

Add Fyfe, Worner, Walters, Banfield, Draper, Davies, Voss, Simpson etc

Baker is an upgrade on O'Driscoll, Freddy and Wagner and can play all 3 positions. I would start him on the inside wing, but the flexibility would help a lot.

I strongly feel we need one more crumbing forward in the forward line, if we draft Berry or Hannaford, they would be in my best 22 straight away. I would love both of them.

In reality, we have 3 or 4 injuries most weeks, and if we have serious depth then it would not hurt to rest a few players during the year.

Either way you look at it, the team is starting to look really strong. We just need some small forwards providing pressure and kicking goals, so we are not so heavily dependent on the key forwards doing all the scoring.

Walker Pearce Ryan
Clark Cox Chapman
Sharp Young O’Driscoll
Frederick Treacy Sturt
Jackson Amiss Bolton

Darcy Brayshaw Serong

I: Johnson, Erasmus, Switowski, Wagner.

That’s my point as well.

Walters, Fyfe, Draper, and O’Meara not in your best 22.

Only spot is for Baker to replace Wagner. How much are we willing to pay in terms of salary cap and draft picks to upgrade.

Baker isn’t slow but he isn’t lightning quick. Our team needs X factor and jets.

That’s my point as well.

Walters, Fyfe, Draper, and O’Meara not in your best 22.

Only spot is for Baker to replace Wagner. How much are we willing to pay in terms of salary cap and draft picks to upgrade.

Baker isn’t slow but he isn’t lightning quick. Our team needs X factor and jets.

He is super tough, brilliant at ground ball gets, can play forward, back and wing.

Is very clean with his skills.

I think the ability to play forward, back and wing will help a lot with rotations, and give JL more options. Two good small forwards, he goes back. Sub on a mid for a forward, and he goes forward.

Also, we need to remember we normally have 3 or 4 injuries most games and he should only cost pick 25.

If the prospect of Baker coming in is keeping Drizzy from signing , then I am even more annoyed about the prospect of Baker coming in than I was and I was really ****en annoyed.

Driz is our inside wing for the next 5 years.

Last edited:
Walker Pearce Ryan
Clark Cox Chapman
Sharp Young <>
<> Treacy Sturt
Jackson Amiss Bolton

Darcy Brayshaw Serong

I: Switowski, <>, <>, <>, <>

I think 17 spots are almost locked in.

Potential ins: Baker, <Draft Picks>

O'Driscoll, Frederick, Wagner, Erasmus, Johnson

Add Fyfe, Worner, Walters, Banfield, Draper, Davies, Voss, Simpson etc

Baker is an upgrade on O'Driscoll, Freddy and Wagner and can play all 3 positions. I would start him on the inside wing, but the flexibility would help a lot.

I strongly feel we need one more crumbing forward in the forward line, if we draft Berry or Hannaford, they would be in my best 22 straight away. I would love both of them.

In reality, we have 3 or 4 injuries most weeks, and if we have serious depth then it would not hurt to rest a few players during the year.

Either way you look at it, the team is starting to look really strong. We just need some small forwards providing pressure and kicking goals, so we are not so heavily dependent on the key forwards doing all the scoring.
I would add that Freddy and O’Driscoll still have some growth.

We need a small forward who kicks goals from Crumbs.

He is super tough, brilliant at ground ball gets, can play forward, back and wing.

Is very clean with his skills.

I think the ability to play forward, back and wing will help a lot with rotations, and give JL more options. Two good small forwards, he goes back. Sub on a mid for a forward, and he goes forward.

Also, we need to remember we normally have 3 or 4 injuries most games and he should only cost pick 25.
Are you sure he will cost pick 25?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back