List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

What is the maximum (walk away point) you would pay for Bolton.

• 9 OR 10

Votes: 8 7.3%
  • 9 & 25

Votes: 20 18.2%
  • 9 & 17

Votes: 50 45.5%
  • 9 & F1

Votes: 13 11.8%
  • 9 & 10

Votes: 17 15.5%
  • 9, 10 & 17

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

It may just be a throwaway line but this article suggests the Gaelic side that Ultan Kelm plays for will lose him to us.

I know he impressed in his few weeks training with us.

"With AFL side Fremantle Dockers still keen on Ultan Kelm, Fermanagh could soon lose one of their most valuable assets."

It may just be a throwaway line but this article suggests the Gaelic side that Ultan Kelm plays for will lose him to us.

"With AFL side Fremantle Dockers still keen on Ultan Kelm, Fermanagh could soon lose one of their most valuable assets."

Why aren't more of you trawling Irish news for Freo relevant material. This is the level required.

Lift.

Was hoping for the other Irish player tbh. Kelm is 25 and it'd probably take a year or two to get much out of him. Hope he's a way better prospect than the younger Irish guy we trialled otherwise it seems a weird decision.

Was hoping for the other Irish player tbh. Kelm is 25 and it'd probably take a year or two to get much out of him. Hope he's a way better prospect than the younger Irish guy we trialled otherwise it seems a weird decision.
He has been training with the AFL ball for the past few years and sending videos to the club regularly so he seems quite professional. I heard that the club was surprised how far he has progressed.

I agree with you his age is getting up there but he still has his pace.

The younger boy looks quick as well but the problem is list spots are tight.

He has been training with the AFL ball for the past few years and sending videos to the club regularly so he seems quite professional. I heard that the club was surprised how far he has progressed.

He almost came over last year or the one before? but was injured and out for a long period so stayed in Ireland. We've been keen on him for a while now

We could send someone back?
To be fair, to be fair...

Three or four years is quite a lot IMO.

Let’s say it takes Kelm two years to play a game - he’s 27 by then. Normally you’re thinking about drafting a player to replace a senior player when they’re around 28 or 29 so you can get two to three years development in before the younger player is expected to take over.

A 21/22 year old takes that time and, if things go well, they’ve still got 6-7 years of prime left to make a difference.

As I said I’d hope Kelm is way way better than the other Irish guy otherwise I’d rather allow the extra years to develop into a good footballer.

Btw Gaelic players can only take up one Category B rookie spot so it just makes the list spots argument a little stronger. Category A rookies most of the time are more likely to contribute tbh. Having said that you can upgrade from Category B to Category A so if an Irish player does really well year one or two making them a Category A and bringing in another Irish may help. As I said a few pages back I think it’s likely we make more list changes next year than this year so we might need to get creative with the draftees we do bring in.

Last edited:

Could be bad news for Emmett. Great news for Freo though, a lot of pace and skill there

Could be bad news for Emmett. Great news for Freo though, a lot of pace and skill there

The guy will be Category B rookie. Makes no difference to Emmett. He’s replacing Conrad Williams who we’ve already delisted and no one else. The only question is whether the other Irish bloke is a better option or whether there’s some guy from another sport (who hasn’t been registered footy player for three years) has enough potential to be a better option.

The guy will be Category B rookie. Makes no difference to Emmett. He’s replacing Conrad Williams who we’ve already delisted and no one else. The only question is whether the other Irish bloke is a better option or whether there’s some guy from another sport (who hasn’t been registered footy player for three years) has enough potential to be a better option.
Yes, I mean from a position perspective I'd expect Ultan would be playing as a forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back