Mega Thread 2024 Media & Miscellaneous Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Meh, again the defensiveness on here when anyone says anything negative.
There are literally 100s of players that have gone through the AFL system, reached their ceiling early and stagnated after that. From his list it's unlikely that all of those players will continue to get better from here, just as it's unlikely they will all stagnate. It's likely to be somewhere in the middle.
We fielded the 2nd youngest team in 23, logic says more players will get better than worse as they get older and play more games. Our youth have won heaps of awards & made a lot of youth sides compared to other clubs. They are our best players

The trend in AFL has been getting more out of older players, hence Geelong last year, Pies & Brisbane this year. It’s a trend we’re behind in but it will turn.

Sumich is an idiot who has an axe to grind. Just like if a poster picks a single issue user name.

We fielded the 2nd youngest team in 23, logic says more players will get better than worse as they get older and play more games. Our youth have won heaps of awards & made a lot of youth sides compared to other clubs. They are our best players

The trend in AFL has been getting more out of older players, hence Geelong last year, Pies & Brisbane this year. It’s a trend we’re behind in but it will turn.

Sumich is an idiot who has an axe to grind. Just like if a poster picks a single issue user name.
I'd argue even if he's right about those players not improving there's another 8-9 younger players that could improve on team significantly. Even 4-5 more A Graders probably makes us top four - the competition is pretty close.

Spare a thought for James Aish.

Walks out on Brisbane in 2015, goes to Collingwood, loses a GF in 2018 and leaves in 2019.

Both clubs now face off. He could’ve had a flag at either club.

Funny how that works

Walks out on Brisbane in 2015, goes to Collingwood, loses a GF in 2018 and leaves in 2019.

Funny how that works
Easily young enough to win one with us.

Funny how that works
Far better to be one of the Immortals in the Dockers inaugural Premiership, which let’s face it, would be the finest of them all.

His name will be forever etched in our Club’s history, never to be forgotten.

Far better to be one of the Immortals in the Dockers inaugural Premiership, which let’s face it, would be the finest of them all.

His name will be forever etched in our Club’s history, never to be forgotten.
2024-2029 has to be the window.

Funny how that works
Be nice if Liam Henry has the same thoughts in 3 years time as St Kilda's premiership drought extends to 60 years and freo have won a flag by then.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've heard this from another source that we are chasing L Mac. If Treacy takes another step forward next season than we won't need him. Very expensive price tag for an average player.
Yup. Doesn't feel like anything special to me. At least with Jackson he was quite a unique player and turned the grand final in his second year, so the price tag was justifiable. L Mac is just very vanilla to me.

Wtf Hase has brain worms if he thinks the AFL is giving us concessions for finishing bottom 5
He didn’t say that.
He means if Darcy leaves next year as a FA the pick we would get would be using the same formula as north this year.

I can just imagine Jordan, Pippen, Rodman and the boys watching the 1990s dockers side at the back of the Bulls team bus haha

The Darcy trade discussion in the media is getting tiresome, but I do agree with Haselby that we need to do something this offseason. I’m not talking about a Hail Mary trade, but if we assume that we will just come good next year then I think we are cooked.

I hope the club has a good review of the season and makes the appropriate changes - maybe it’s in the coaching box (assistants), maybe it’s in strategy. But standing still is a road to nowhere on the back of 2023.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread 2024 Media & Miscellaneous Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back