Mega Thread 2024 Media & Miscellaneous Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I used to go there regularly at times many years ago. I once found a carton of VB in a grog shop there in George Town. It was like finding gold. 🤩
Ha, yes that would be! Think the best I ever scored was a six pack. We actually have a couple of Aussie restaurants up here now, a Qld Chef (Ron) set them up - Tukka East and Tukka West. Both popular. No Aussie beer unless it’s brought in for an event aka Aussie Day and if there’s leftovers you might get lucky in the grog shop… like you did!

Last edited:
This is taken out of context - listen to his press conference and it leads on from people looking at Peel stats and saying players like Erasmus must get a call up soon based on their stats. He then makes a flippant comment about players that are worried about their stats are not focusing on their role.

A journo heard a sound bite they could use and ran with it.

It was kind of a weird comment on Erasmus given he seems to be emergency every single week. There’s just no spot in the midfield atm. He might have a bit to work on but I’m sure if one of the mids got injured there wouldn’t be much hesitation bringing in.

There’s one or two other players on our list that statements like this really line up with better. Maybe people are asking him (external to the presser - there seems to be a bit of fan push) why Will Brodie isn’t getting game. If who’s emergency is anything to go by he isn’t even close because he’s barely ever been emergency at all.

I’d say both have a bit of work to do defensively so that, if they are in the team, we’re not effectively playing a man down if the opposition win first possession. I don’t think Fyfe helps these guys get a spot as he’s not great defensively at all.

we should have a whole thread on your life up there ha ha. Are you Australian or originally from there and accidentally discovered AFL?
I’m a Helena Valley kid, went to high school in Swan View (probably should leave that out) started working life in Midland, then Tom Price, did an Apprenticeship up in Kal, spent a year in Broome, back to Kal where I wasn’t thinking straight and chased a barmaid overseas. I was 30 at the time and never made it back. That was 20+years ago, stumbled on these islands by chance and now have a Canadian wife and a couple of teenagers here in Cayman, has been home since 2005.

I was originally an Eagles fan prior to the Dockers existence and celebrated their GF in Tom Price in 92’ as a 19 year old, I drew Peter Matera in the pubs beer drinking comp that day… bloody regretted it!

Like many on here I have been a Dockers fan since day dot (ay yay ay), sure has given me a thick skin.

Thankfully I can watch every and all games be it live or a re-run when I choose via the AFL’s overseas link (subscription) and it’s great to feel and get involved with you all here on BF 😁

We will have our day!

It was kind of a weird comment on Erasmus given he seems to be emergency every single week. There’s just no spot in the midfield atm. He might have a bit to work on but I’m sure if one of the mids got injured there wouldn’t be much hesitation bringing in.

There’s one or two other players on our list that statements like this really line up with better. Maybe people are asking him (external to the presser - there seems to be a bit of fan push) why Will Brodie isn’t getting game. If who’s emergency is anything to go by he isn’t even close because he’s barely ever been emergency at all.

I’d say both have a bit of work to do defensively so that, if they are in the team, we’re not effectively playing a man down if the opposition win first possession. I don’t think Fyfe helps these guys get a spot as he’s not great defensively at all.
The Raz-focused part of his response was largely complimentary (especially towards the end of the response) while saying he still has things to work on. Definitely not as flippant as JL was when the same question was asked about Brodie last year. Think it was just him using that question to make a general point about stats.

I’m a Helena Valley kid, went to high school in Swan View (probably should leave that out) started working life in Midland, then Tom Price, did an Apprenticeship up in Kal, spent a year in Broome, back to Kal where I wasn’t thinking straight and chased a barmaid overseas. I was 30 at the time and never made it back. That was 20+years ago, stumbled on these islands by chance and now have a Canadian wife and a couple of teenagers here in Cayman, has been home since 2005.

I was originally an Eagles fan prior to the Dockers existence and celebrated their GF in Tom Price in 92’ as a 19 year old, I drew Peter Matera in the pubs beer drinking comp that day… bloody regretted it!

Like many on here I have been a Dockers fan since day dot (ay yay ay), sure has given me a thick skin.

Thankfully I can watch every and all games be it live or a re-run when I choose via the AFL’s overseas link (subscription) and it’s great to feel and get involved with you all here on BF 😁

We will have our day!
thanks for sharing that!

We will have our day!
At least SVSHS didn't have razor wire back then!
You must have been a year or two above me at HVPS.

Cornes is not stupid. He knows what will fire people up and get clicks. He’s not there to be an expert. The media will love someone like him until the football public decides to ignore him on mass, which won’t happen nearly enough.

Does his job of getting attention and/or eyes on the various TV shows he’s involved in very very well IMO. Clicks and conversations start when Cornes gets involved.
Neither of them are stupid really. But Laura gets into trouble trying to protect the AFL stance and can come across a bit ridiculous.

On Pixel 7 using BigFooty.com mobile app

I get the impression nobody missed The Footy Show ha ha

The quality of the show went downhill massively over its last 5-10 years that 9 would have had no choice but to cancel it.

The quality of the show went downhill massively over its last 5-10 years that 9 would have had no choice but to cancel it.
it was pretty awful - I can't actually remember the last time I watched it! How did we ever think it was ok when Sam used to interview people who had mental health issues, and then mocked them?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Second most accurate kick in the AFL. Maybe those journos who kept asking JL about JT all week should read this.

1718942390586.png

There definitely will be. We usually put it out 2-3 weeks out. Will be one of the last few non derby home games usually
Pretty sure it’s the Geelong game this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread 2024 Media & Miscellaneous Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back