Mega Thread 2024 Media & Miscellaneous Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

This.

The reality is that Carlton's list isn't really that good.

Yet they get hyped up all the time. I would hate to be a Carlton coach because the expectations are so unrealistic compared to the players they have.

What happened last year under Voss was an over-achievement by a bunch of pretty ordinary players (collectively).

This year the sugar hit of the new coach has worn off and they have shown what they really are : a bottom third team based on talent.
See I reckon their list is pretty good. Alot of blame lies on the board and ex players with influence for getting the coach sacked every three years. They've had no continuity and are absolutely shot for confidence now.

Essendon are the ones for me who haven't had a good list since the scandal, but have been continually talked up like this is their year. Ironically this year they finally have the beginnings of a good list and have tried with all their might to keep expectations low in the media.

Except Erasmus is going to be way bigger. Neil is closer to Pavlich height than Cousins, who is the same as Masten, who I can see clear over the top of when I'm in four inch heels.
I can see clear over Sandilands when I wear 2 meter lifts. What’s your point?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If someone is going to attempt to stand over you and push you down it helps to be large enough to not feel immasculated as soon as she stands up get right back in his face about it.
Come On Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Ibbotson on getting dropped in 2013 pre-season and threatened with delisting. I remember he played pretty well when he came back, would've been useful in the Granny.
I guess this was Ross's way of pushing his buttons and getting him to improve.

Carlton's list is good enough, they just let themselves get bottled up and have all their speed in the pockets - not the middle.
Carlton's list is built on mercenaries who mostly play roles make a team a bit better, but not improve a team: McGovern, Saad, Cerra...

the Lions have tried it for nearly 10 years and couldn't even win an absolute gimme flag in 2020 with the most tilted finals series ever.

Port have wanted to do it forever but they'll end up winning the premiership ironically off two draftees: Butters and Rozee.

That Masten is a short man for the size of his ego, and that Neil Erasmus is a giant for someone with that running capacity.
Masten is a knob alright but he's 5'10 and actually keeps his ****in lid quiet when at the local haunts.

Amazing how much absolute shite you still insist on talking. it was 10 years ago that you turned down every Docker and now you're still in the pub scene? then again you've also criss-crossed on many things...

Carlton's list is built on mercenaries who mostly play roles make a team a bit better, but not improve a team: McGovern, Saad, Cerra...

the Lions have tried it for nearly 10 years and couldn't even win an absolute gimme flag in 2020 with the most tilted finals series ever.

Port have wanted to do it forever but they'll end up winning the premiership ironically off two draftees: Butters and Rozee.

Masten is a knob alright but he's 5'10 and actually keeps his *in lid quiet when at the local haunts.

Amazing how much absolute shite you still insist on talking. it was 10 years ago that you turned down every Docker and now you're still in the pub scene? then again you've also criss-crossed on many things...

So what was your previous account?

Not sure why you are having a go at Taylor - I ran across Masten twice in public in his playing days, once when he was with mates he was a world class idiot, tough guy. The other, when by himself, quiet as a mouse.

Masten is a knob alright but he's 5'10 and actually keeps his *in lid quiet when at the local haunts.

I'm 5ft 8. I was baiting you specifically with the short comments.

Pub lunches are great by the way.

Chris Masten sells wine these days. Not sure if that makes him more or less of a flog.

Closing Arrested Development GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread 2024 Media & Miscellaneous Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back