Mega Thread 2024 Media & Miscellaneous Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

wasnt so long ago many fans didnt want Walters in the team

He must have read all these posts and decided to put in a big effrt

well done to Michael

Great game.
Yeah, well 2 of his 3 good games this year have come in blowouts agst the Demons. I'm not reading too much into it.

“Our best footy is good enough to beat anyone. But our footy is not consistent enough to beat them all yet.”

JL presser.

That’s what standards looks like. That’s where high expectations start.

Thank you JL for bringing this to the club.

Jlo is one of the few coaches I genuinely believe when he rolls out the cliches like the scoreboard just a by product of the process.

You can tell what he wants most in the world is just 120 minutes of pure process role driven football.

Of course we run through scenarios etc, but you just know he would get more satisfaction from everyone committing to their roles when we’re 10 goals up with 5 minutes left than throwing it all out the window and scrapping for a close win

also, King and Whately don't rate Freo's chances and are salivating over the Bulldogs (who are not even in the 8 yet)

KING​

1 - Brisbane

“I've got Brisbane at one,” King said on SEN Whateley.

“I think they've come with a rush and they've been very consistent in the last few weeks.

“It's not just Lachie Neale … what they did in the last three minutes last night really won. It was terrific.

“I think right now if they can get themselves to second and go home final into home final, they could be there again.”

2 - Sydney

“Sydney, and I could have had them a lot lower.

“But you’ve got to have them there. They're still still top of the table.”

3 - Carlton

“I’m just hanging around with Carlton.

“That wasn't impressive. It really wasn't on the weekend.

“I want to know who their third midfielder is. There's still a few unanswered questions there.

“It’s a danger game this Friday. I’m worried about Weitering carrying that mattress around on his thigh.

“There's a few worries with Carlton.”

4 - Western Bulldogs

“I’ve got the Dogs, I'm staying strong.

“I feel like we've got to ride this journey, even if they go to Sydney and lose, I'll be tempted to keep them in next week.”

WHATELEY​

1 - Sydney

“I've got Sydney at one.

“I'll just keep them there for the time being.

“So I've got 1 v 4 in my seedings coming up on Sunday.”

2 - Brisbane

3 - Hawthorn

“I've had Hawthorn in the seedings for weeks and they’re sliding up to three.”

4 - Western Bulldogs

“The Dogs are four for me.

“We had a peek at them a few weeks back but they’re back at four.”

Jlo is one of the few coaches I genuinely believe when he rolls out the cliches like the scoreboard just a by product of the process.

You can tell what he wants most in the world is just 120 minutes of pure process role driven football.

Of course we run through scenarios etc, but you just know he would get more satisfaction from everyone committing to their roles when we’re 10 goals up with 5 minutes left than throwing it all out the window and scrapping for a close win

Yeah he's dry as ****, but he's one of a handful that don't dribble or overdo the cliches (bar contest but they all have at least one of those).

Ross pressers are still my favourites and Ken is the best if you want cringe.

also, King and Whately don't rate Freo's chances and are salivating over the Bulldogs (who are not even in the 8 yet)

KING​

1 - Brisbane

“I think they've come with a rush and they've been very consistent in the last few weeks.

“It's not just Lachie Neale … what they did in the last three minutes last night really won. It was terrific.

“I think right now if they can get themselves to second and go home final into home final, they could be there again.”

2 - Sydney

3 - Carlton

“I want to know who their third midfielder is. There's still a few unanswered questions there.

“It’s a danger game this Friday. I’m worried about Weitering carrying that mattress around on his thigh.

4 - Western Bulldogs

“I feel like we've got to ride this journey, even if they go to Sydney and lose, I'll be tempted to keep them in next week.”

WHATELEY​

1 - Sydney

“I've got Sydney at one.

2 - Brisbane

3 - Hawthorn

4 - Western Bulldogs

To be fair to King, he said that under the assumption that AP and Jackson would be missing lots of games.

KING​

1 - Brisbane

2 - Sydney

3 - Carlton

4 - Western Bulldogs

WHATELEY​

1 - Sydney

“I've got Sydney at one.

2 - Brisbane

3 - Hawthorn

4 - Western Bulldogs

They change them weekly and there are some running jokes around Gerard wanting two teams outside the eight. So I wouldn’t read too much into this.

Without numerical evidence to support it the non calls of Patrick Cripps’ throws and also that of Daicos make this FK table pointless.
If Amiss got the free kicks Curnow did he would be leading the Coleman....easily.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Might be on the negative side here but I think Walter’s having a good game on the weekend might be bad for us come finals and against the good sides. Yes he scored goals but surely it’s a worry that he marks inside 50 20m free and almost got run down holding the ball. Father Time has definitely crept up on him and I don’t think we won cause he played good he played good cause we dominated and no one paid him respect. A good team will pay him respect and he does not have the speed or the touch atm to win 1 on 1s. I feel he may be a burden to come on us towards the end of the year.

I’m happy for him and want him to do well but I don’t have faith in him

Might be on the negative side here but I think Walter’s having a good game on the weekend might be bad for us come finals and against the good sides. Yes he scored goals but surely it’s a worry that he marks inside 50 20m free and almost got run down holding the ball. Father Time has definitely crept up on him and I don’t think we won cause he played good he played good cause we dominated and no one paid him respect. A good team will pay him respect and he does not have the speed or the touch atm to win 1 on 1s. I feel he may be a burden to come on us towards the end of the year.

Batman Facepalm GIF by WE tv

I wouldn't say it's a bad thing, he'd probably not going anywhere anyway but I do agree the 4 goals is flattering (just ad much as Amiss'). The same issues are still there and everyone can keep supporting a club legend but I agree it's only going to end painfully when the speed and pressure goes up in a final.

the article on Josh Carr might be good..

The candidates are dropping like flies apparently - hopefully Jaymie Graham is the next one to follow.

I’m getting worried now so many are pulling of the race. We’d lose Graham reasonably late with little chance of finding a worthy replacement.

The candidates are dropping like flies apparently - hopefully Jaymie Graham is the next one to follow.

I’m getting worried now so many are pulling of the race. We’d lose Graham reasonably late with little chance of finding a worthy replacement.
To be fair Carr was never a legitimate candidate. Went back to Adelaide to have the support network for his autistic son. Wasn’t going to relocate his family again for like the 3rd time in 4 years.

So really is just Cox who’s turned them down.

To be fair Carr was never a legitimate candidate. Went back to Adelaide to have the support network for his autistic son. Wasn’t going to relocate his family again for like the 3rd time in 4 years.

So really is just Cox who’s turned them down.
Its still funny

Even coaches who are no chance of taking the role are saying "I aint going anywhere near that mess"

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread 2024 Media & Miscellaneous Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back