Preview 2024 National Draft Preview Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Watched it last night now can't seem to find it, Giantroo is there a chance you can find it? If you can, thanks.
It's not the one from the NMFC site? Thought that was from first day of the trade period, not the combine.

Brady said in that video "we really want to bring forward next years hand into this year, we've drafted pretty heavily for four years now, we'd like to make that five by either bringing that forward or bringing in some talent with that pick"
So that tells me he's talking since the 2020 Phillips/Powell draft, so this year might be the last we really go hard on.

On splitting pick 2 - "another avenue for us to gain more currency... it's a really good top end of the draft this year, we're excited by it... if it was a slight slide we'd consider it".

Who do you rate higher?? Fos or sid? Sid for me!!!

I went into the year as a FOS fan (due to another North character raving about him over the last couple of years) but Draper has taken a narrow lead for me. I'd be happy to call out either at pick 2.

The media has been absolutely obsessed with us needing to grab a defender with our high draft picks. Tall and small forwards are still the most glaring need. Tauru seems good, but if we pick him you'd hope we'd be grabbing one of those other two types in the top 10 as well.
"North Melbourne don’t need another midfielder" this is just Marc McGowan doubling down, he wanted us to draft Dan Curtin last year and we didn't so he's pushing for us to draft Alix Tauru this year and when we don't he'll write another think piece about how we keep drafting midfielders with out first pick, it's all so tedious.

"North Melbourne don’t need another midfielder" this is just Marc McGowan doubling down, he wanted us to draft Dan Curtin last year and we didn't so he's pushing for us to draft Alix Tauru this year and when we don't he'll write another think piece about how we keep drafting midfielders with out first pick, it's all so tedious.

I would almost certainly guarantee if we keep pick 2 that think piece will be on its way to whoever runs the Footyology FB page (which is probably his own inbox).

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview 2024 National Draft Preview Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back