Preview 2024 National Draft Preview Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

He’s good but Shanahan is better

They are my top 2 key forwards this draft which I’ve mentioned several times

Then a gap to Gerryn, Faull and J Whitlock
I think that’s fair. They are definitely the two KPF’s I want if we are drafting one. I would have Armstrong over Shanahan personally, but I agree with you they are ahead of the rest for me.

It’s why I’ve been so pro splitting, sure we could grab Faull or Whitlock with our second, but I’d much rather one of the better KPF prospects like Armstrong or Shanahan.

I think that’s fair. They are definitely the two KPF’s I want if we are drafting one. I would have Armstrong over Shanahan personally, but I agree with you they are ahead of the rest for me.

It’s why I’ve been so pro splitting, sure we could grab Faull or Whitlock with our second, but I’d much rather one of the better KPF prospects like Armstrong or Shanahan.
Whats this of shit - we need yo be drafting two minimum.

Armstrong, Tauru, Whitlock, Whitlock, Faull, Gerreyn, Shanahan - just do what you can to get two of them.

My vote based on nothing but YouTube would be:

B:Archer Corr (Tauru)
HB: Goater Logue Tucker

Emergency: Dawson, Dawson, Fisher, Hardeman, Bergman

HF:Curtis Comben Duursma
F:Hansen Jnr Larkey Darling

I:Zurhaar, Simpkin

Emergency: (Shanahan), Maley, Payne, George, Lazzaro, Ford, Teakle

He’s good but Shanahan is better

They are my top 2 key forwards this draft which I’ve mentioned several times

Then a gap to Gerryn, Faull and J Whitlock
I would have to say the anticipation of who our key forward is for this years draft is simply off the charts!
Whether we split {if we are able} or we take our gun mid and see who's left in the second round for our guy, its going to be in my eye, the most anticipated pick in 20 years.

Its good to see different points of view and reasoning whether your just a few looks at the players involved or in spare time able to watch them play. As with the top six players {the mids} and where they are rated, its the same for where the key forwards are going to go in this draft so many different positions it really is so intriguing, and a fact not yet discussed is what if we like a key forward and we have intel that he's also liked by three or four clubs and by some way or another we can't split our pick, do we take him with our first pick, knowing another club will grab him or do we just take one of the mids and take whoever is next on our list.

Armstrong, Tauru, Whitlock, Whitlock, Faull, Gerreyn, Shanahan - just do what you can to get two of them.

My vote based on nothing but YouTube would be:

B:Archer Corr (Tauru)
HB: Goater Logue Tucker

Emergency: Dawson, Dawson, Fisher, Hardeman, Bergman

HF:Curtis Comben Duursma
F:Hansen Jnr Larkey Darling

I:Zurhaar, Simpkin

Emergency: (Shanahan), Maley, Payne, George, Lazzaro, Ford, Teakle
Don't reckon we need two. People are underestimating Maley and Comben is more likely a forward than a defender.

How the feck do SANDRINGHAM Dragons players get drafted by the BRISBANE Lions…so crap. I’m also watching the Cats/Lions game and I’m still scratching my head trying to understand how the friggin Cats get Bowes and pick 7 after winning the flag. How is our club going to compete with such inequalities in the AFL. It’s BS

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would our resident draft watchers be unhappy if we picked both Whitlocks? CHF and CHB in one draft. Throw in a small forward and we're set.

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app
Wouldn't be unhappy , maybe a little surprised, its like Luke Trainor, a good defender but we got Will Dawson with a first round pick last year for our key defender, I think with our first two picks at least we either go mid then key forward or key forward then small forward and as I've said before, there's a couple of defenders who I do rate if we decide to do a future second rounder, remember we just can't pick whoever and pick lots of players, list spots are like gold so when we pick someone it'll be for a very good reason.

Also when we have finalized our delistings, with who we are bringing in through the trade period we will know how many players / list spots are available.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview 2024 National Draft Preview Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back