Preview 2024 National Draft Preview Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

So what. NM 2025 R1 for Houston & PA 2025 R1.

If ours in 2025 is #2 & PA's is #13 it values Houston at #12

If ours stays at #2 & PA win the flag (#18), it values Houston at #9

If ours stays at #2 & PA miss the finals (#9), it values Houston at #17

Death ride of the century.
Yes was rather boring this year with no death ride - we really need it

WTF, Sid Draper is at 9 now?

Armstrong 12
Trainor 16
Berry 17?
Tauru 18?

Bloody hell, we really need to split that first pick.

Also - Hannaford 27? Would be an absolute steal with our second rounder.

With a split pick and these rankings we could get:
- Armstrong
- and one of Berry, Trainor or Tauru
- and either Hannaford or Gerreyn.

With a split pick and these rankings we could get:
- Armstrong
- and one of Berry, Trainor or Tauru
- and either Hannaford or Gerreyn.
Wonder if there’s a universe where we split 2 and our F1 in this draft, then get three first rounders plus Houston and then either Hannaford / Gerreyn / Faull / Whitlock.

Dunno exactly how it would work, but afl.com.au is reporting that we’re making a play for GC’s pick 12, and I guess Richmond is the other obvious suitor.

Armstrong 12
Trainor 16
Berry 17?
Tauru 18?

Be very surprised if Draper makes it to 9 and reckon trainor might slide to the second. Polar opposites for us, we need a sure thing if we hold on to our top 5 pick.

Armstrong 12
Trainor 16
Berry 17?
Tauru 18?

I've been saying that for quite a while but for lots of reasons. One reason if your going to do this is you must look at next years crop and ascertain, is it worth it? Question two would be, every next years crop have got two or three gun mids and people mistakenly say my god if we bring in our future first that's madness, we could be missing out on ??????. So what? If we believe we have our midfield set, that statement doesn't come into calculations, because we're getting the players we want!

Third question, with Rookie Me Central power rankings and other rankings around you can clearly see in that top 30 players, players are everywhere in rankings so while they give good insight, I'd take where they have players with a grain of salt, sure they might get some right but in reality its a wide berth to predict where players are going to go, this draft is going to come down to intel, confidence in the chosen player still being there {which in itself comes down to intel}, courage/confidence/ planning, meaning if we trade in a future first or split our pick 2 these three words will be the catalyst for such a move.

Question four, watching that questions & answers tells me a few things but as we know on draft night things can change again. these things, unless Taj Hotton, Murphy Reid or Joe Berry last to the second round we probably wont be taking them in the first round. More run from defence and although he mentioned we have some guys that can possibly do that role, he didn't rule out a defender, and if that's the case then two players stand out like the grand canyon, Tobie Travaglia and Alix Tauru, very interesting.

My last point and I could be wrong here but while a fair few of posters want two small forwards and possibly two key forwards, I doubt that happens, if tou listened to Brady and Will, we have a couple of small forwards who are tracking really good and in the key forward department we've got a couple of guys and we're looking to DEVELOP some young key forward talent. Also "FOUR OR FIVE YEARS OF ELITE TALENT, COMING THROUGH TOGETHER". Now while every year three picks must be taken at the national draft, if we do what I've said we should do, that is to trade in a future first {if we get a good pick or split our pick 2, we could do both, trust me this is the year to do it, even Brady & Will both said they were willing to do it because this draft is so deep}.

If we do this, to some peoples disappointment, we wont be worrying about who is doing what in next years draft because not only will we have our talent but our development stage will unofficially be finished, now the club wont say this as we will get three boys in next years draft but if we attack this very draft, like I've said we can get the remaining talent right here and now. ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview 2024 National Draft Preview Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back