Preview 2024 National Draft Preview Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Not too sad. We need experience as much as three untested young kids, especially as they would all arrive in the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th round raffles. Further, our second round pick will be around 30 anyway. I don't quite get the angst.
More cranky about re signing Cooper lol

What picks did Melbourne get when they traded pick 2 a few years back?

You referring to this trade?

GWS Trades: Dom Tyson, Pick 9, and Pick 43
Melbourne Trades: Pick 2, Pick 20, and Pick 72

Yes, but what is the point of drafting more young kids and then not giving them the time to develop? You can't have both.
2 years is generally enough time to see where a player fits, their work ethic and how much they want to stay in the team.
Plenty of kids get delisted after their first contract.
I'd prefer the chance to draft a best 22 mater ager or a KPP for the future vs keeping another meduim sized forward with poor training standards

Us being linked to Tauru so heavily diminishes our leverage of pick 2 if that info is correct. Clubs will only trade up if they think we are taking one of the elite mids like FOS or Lalor. The Zero Hanger draft had us taking Lalor and the resulting picks for Richmond were shithouse. The ESPN one had us taking Tauru at 2 and Richmond ended up with Smith at 6 and Armstrong at 10, absolutely no way they would trade up to 2 if that happened
If we keep 2, we will draft one of the mids projected in that top mix.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Isn’t will a shame…..can’t even switch him to another position as he’d be a liability.
One last pre season to work his arse off and we will see…..
If he can improve on his 2023 season he'll be a good player. Dunno what happened this season but he'd want to turn it round.

I’d use pick 2 on lalor only…..otherwise the split has to be done. The flying Viking will be insane (and we seem to know it)
If we don’t take Tauru at 2 I’m tipping he’s gone at 5 to the Dees.
Hope we are exploring a way to get 4 and some change off the crows. Wondering if we’ve floated our F1 to the crows. Surely we have. Puts them in a great spot possibly for Sharp next year. They’d listen you’d think.
2 and 4 would be a decent haul to play with. FOS and Tauru.
Even Tauru and Armstrong.
Tauru and Langford.

Last edited:
Hope we are exploring a way to get 4 and some change off the crows. Wondering if we’ve floated to F1 to the crows. Surely we have. Puts them in a great spot possibly for Sharp next year. They’d listen.
2 and 4 would be a decent haul to play with.
If that’s the case should just use 2 on him. It’s not that much of a reach.
But yeah I’m sure there scoping out every possibility.
Hold the pick until draft night then you will see who’s real keen when the whips are cracking

Hope we are exploring a way to get 4 and some change off the crows. Wondering if we’ve floated our F1 to the crows. Surely we have. Puts them in a great spot possibly for Sharp next year. They’d listen you’d think.
2 and 4 would be a decent haul to play with. FOS and Tauru.
Even Tauru and Armstrong.
Tauru and Langford.

That would be a great scenario for us, but it would cost Adelaide any shot at Draper this year, and no guarantee they get Sharp next year.

If that’s the case should just use 2 on him. It’s not that much of a reach.
But yeah I’m sure there scoping out every possibility.
Hold the pick until draft night then you will see who’s real keen when the whips are cracking
Yeah I agree. Tauru looks like he could be unbelievable. I’m all in on him.
I do like my idea, :drunk: , of trying to trade our F1 for Crows 4. Don’t think it’d be straight swap, but think it’s got merit. We might need to sweeten the deal…..sounds nuts I know.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview 2024 National Draft Preview Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back