Preview 2024 National Draft Preview Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m refusing to take notice of any of these bs draft pick swaps that are crazy unrealistic.

Since everyone else is having a crack, here is my idea of a win for us.

Retain pick 2 - pick the mid we believe is best after the tigers pick, whether this is Smith, Lalor or FOS. The only way we move this pick on is if we get stupid over the odds offer put too us.

I would then look to trade our future 1st on one condition - it nets us the best available kpp. If we cannot get access to a suitable pick to land our preferred key tall we keep it. It’s very hard to predict these picks so knowing our limit to trade out our future pick is going to depend on firstly who is interested in our future first and secondly if the key tall we want falls to spot where we are able to get access.

If our stars align we have the ability to use this draft pick up a top tier mid along with the best available key tall.

If we don’t trade out our future first we have a top 4 pick to use next year.
So take best mid at 2 then wait see demons at 5 , saints at 7/8 then Dee’s at 9 . Who do we believe our key forward target is? I thought Armstrong but has that changed to tauru in the last week? Can’t keep up haha

I reckon Cal was the first one to float our interest on Gettable or SEN and it’s grown from there. Weird how he’s come in from a teens pick to top 10. His draft vid has me excited though, he’s aggressive AF in the air.
Duursma, Alix, Comben is a decent mix of marking players to throw front, back or wing.

Why are Richmond fans so desperate for our pick 2?? It's hilarious 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂.

They'll be getting a top 2 picks until Tassie comes in anyway. Plenty of time and top 2 picks incoming for our bunny tiges.

That won't be the end of their shitness though. They'll be digging out the jungle-themed onesies in the bedroom only (not that that's worth thinking about). Don't mind the passion of the Tiger fans, they go ok, but really, they are only behind St.Kilda (mainly due to historical baggage) in a race to their next flag.

So take best mid at 2 then wait see demons at 5 , saints at 7/8 then Dee’s at 9 . Who do we believe our key forward target is? I thought Armstrong but has that changed to tauru in the last week? Can’t keep up haha
There are a very small number of teams who would say they don't need the best key forward in this draft and they are happy to wait until next year to bring in a top end pick.

I don’t mind north like I don’t mind saints but you guys need belief I actually don’t think your bottom four next year but that’s me. Also some posters in here want Jagga??? I don’t see how that helps you but okay. 6&11 you get the two best key position players we get Lalor and FOS. I dare say it’s the best offer available unless Melbourne pull the dirty absolute basket case of a club.

I don’t mind north like I don’t mind saints but you guys need belief I actually don’t think your bottom four next year but that’s me. Also some posters in here want Jagga??? I don’t see how that helps you but okay. 6&11 you get the two best key position players we get Lalor and FOS. I dare say it’s the best offer available unless Melbourne pull the dirty absolute basket case of a club.
You know what is a better offer than 6 & 11? Pick 2 and our F1.

It's embarrassing for humanity when people act like they're negotiating the deal and need to convince fans of another team to do a bad trade. Just be honest, mate. You don't have to try to convince North fans that it's a good deal.

You're probably right, but it doesn't change the reality of the situation. You needed 8 wins to not be bottom 4, we are a few years from that. People think of North and think of Draft assistance etc, and maybe that's right, but we don't have Jason Horne Fabian Francis or Tarryn Thomas anymore. They would make what you say true, but we don't. We're still ways away from replacing them (if we're
lucky).

I think there is delusion on both sides, 2 for 6 and 11 isn't fair but so is 2 and F1 for 6 and 11. I would do 6 and 18 for 2 or 2 and F1 for 2, 10/11 and 18. I'd also be just as happy to select Draper with 2, Jagga is too similar to our other mids + not being a defensively minded mid. FOS' campaign this year is not worth a selection this high imo.

I don't get this brain-dead take pushed by slow tiger fans that we absolutely have to split pick 2 and just to accept the best offer.

We brought in 8 top 30 picks in the last 2 years. Pick 2 would be 9. We're not under stress to make it 10.

If we can get value then go for it. But we're not some old side that is depleted of young talent.

I was happy to trade our F1 for Houston but not for a mid pick in this flat draft.

Nope. But funnily enough people hang shit on him but his Richmond mail was pretty bang on this trade period
It's bananas that you think this proves your point when in fact it proves the opposite.

It's bananas that you think this proves your point when in fact it proves the opposite.
It is like when Jay Clark gets correct mail on something internal at the pies, but is largely wrong writing on other clubs. Supposed journos like Clark and Ralph are more club spokesman, than a genuine journo.

Two Tugger spokesmen writing club fanfic in the HS is deadset embarrassing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview 2024 National Draft Preview Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back