Preview 2024 National Draft Preview Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

It's ok mate I hadn't actually heard of the apparent offer of 2 and a F1 for 6&11 until I googled it.
Surely North wouldn't do something that crazy with swaps.

I’m not sure if it’s an actual offer or just musings from footy writers looking for content. Nothing from the club has actually said we’d look at doing that. Just that we’d look at trades for 2 and/or F1.

The one thing I am most confused about in the proposed trade of 2 + F1 for 6 + 11 is why we wouldn't be demanding pick 10 instead of 11? Are we really going to let Richmond pick the 2 best mids in the draft and then let them have the pick before us at 10 which they are guaranteed to take Armstrong or whichever best key position player we don't take at 6? So we trade pick 2 + F1 and end up with Tauru and someone like Lindsay or Travaglia? Our F1 for another mid or flanker? Makes zero sense

The one thing I am most confused about in the proposed trade of 2 + F1 for 6 + 11 is why we wouldn't be demanding pick 10 instead of 11? Are we really going to let Richmond pick the 2 best mids in the draft and then let them have the pick before us at 10 which they are guaranteed to take Armstrong or whichever best key position player we don't take at 6? So we trade pick 2 + F1 and end up with Tauru and someone like Lindsay or Travaglia? Our F1 for another mid or flanker? Makes zero sense
In saying that, surely we could get a deal with Melbourne or Saints that is more preferable if that's the case. 2 + F1 for 5 + 9 or 7 + 8.

Another delusional Tiger supporter...

Again, if you could somehow compute this into your tiny little brain. You are not getting pick 2 for picks 6 & 18. It will be 6 & 10 or 11 or it will be nothing.

We’ll be just fine with pick 2 so buzz off back to your own board and don’t come back.

Hey relax no need to call him stupid. I personally think there’s no way we get 6 and 10 or 11 for 2. He’s smack on the money.
Just because you don’t like what someone is saying doesn’t mean it’s not on the money

Hey relax no need to call him stupid. I personally think there’s no way we get 6 and 10 or 11 for 2. He’s smack on the money.
Just because you don’t like what someone is saying doesn’t mean it’s not on the money
Then we 100% should walk away. Why isn’t 2 worth 6+10/11? Has been worth that or more in other drafts. There’s no guarantees this is a better draft than previous. There’s no dominant forward or KP player for a start. Premierships are built around those types.
Armstrong and Tauru sound like our targets, if we can’t achieve it why would we do it?

Then we 100% should walk away. Why isn’t 2 worth 6+10/11? Has been worth that or more in other drafts. There’s no guarantees this is a better draft than previous. There’s no dominant forward or KP player for a start. Premierships are built around those types.
Armstrong and Tauru sound like our targets, if we can’t achieve it why would we do it?

1-Because we are the ones desperate to shop it.
2- you can throw a hat over the top end…..there’s no standout.

Unfortunately for us….which seems to happen in every situation….its not in our favour.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t mind north like I don’t mind saints but you guys need belief I actually don’t think your bottom four next year but that’s me. Also some posters in here want Jagga??? I don’t see how that helps you but okay. 6&11 you get the two best key position players we get Lalor and FOS. I dare say it’s the best offer available unless Melbourne pull the dirty absolute basket case of a club.
There we go. Found one sensible Richmond supporter who sees the 2 for 6 n 11 as a fair and reasonable trade, good onya

There we go. Found one sensible Richmond supporter who sees the 2 for 6 n 11 as a fair and reasonable trade, good onya
The only problem with 6 AND 11, that I can see, is we have the Demons picking before us and then Tigers picking before us, and they could both take Armstrong AND Tauru. That’s an issue if that’s what we’ve manoeuvred to try and achieve.

The only problem with 6 AND 11, that I can see, is we have the Demons picking before us and then Tigers picking before us, and they could both take Armstrong AND Tauru. That’s an issue if that’s what we’ve manoeuvred to try and achieve.
If a deal gets done with Richmond im pretty sure these things would be discussed and agreed upon who the target is.
I doubt Richmond would look at Armstrong to be honest all the noise has been about Faull / J.Whitlock

If we held 6 and 11 but Melbourne took Armstrong at 5, then we could still take Tauru at 6. We don't have to miss out on both of them just because Melbourne left a decent mid on the table.

If a deal gets done with Richmond im pretty sure these things would be discussed and agreed upon who the target is.
I doubt Richmond would look at Armstrong to be honest all the noise has been about Faull / J.Whitlock
Hmmm... the last time Richmond took the 4th or 5th tall forward, they ended up with the best one by far. 2006, Richmond got Jack Riewoldt at 13 after Scott Gumbleton, Lachie Hansen, Mitch Thorp, and Anrejs Everitt had all been selected. Ben Reid, Nathan Brown and James Frawley also went before Riewoldt but played almost exclusively as key defenders.

If we held 6 and 11 but Melbourne took Armstrong at 5, then we could still take Tauru at 6. We don't have to miss out on both of them just because Melbourne left a decent mid on the table.
Surely Melbourne are going to go for mids - extraordinary skinny midfield with Harmes, Brayshaw and Jordan gone and some element of doubt over both Oliver and Petracca.

This is my stab in the dark…

Brisbane: Ashcroft (bid)
Richmond: Lalor
Richmond: FOS
Carlton: Smith
Adelaide:Draper
Melbourne:Reid
North:Tauru
Essendon:Kako (stk bid)
St Kilda:Smillie
St Kilda:Travaglia
Melbourne:Armstrong