2024 Offseason Thread - NBA Draft June 27/8

Remove this Banner Ad

As that Haralgous Volgaris (spelling?)(former NBA gambler and analyst for the Mavs) said does Rich Paul represent his clients best interests, or the Lakers. When sitting court side he heard RP openly saying how lucky KCP was to be on the Nuggets and winning another ring. He represents KCP...

He needs to be thrown out but all the agencies have too much power. Trade rumours now boil down to who represents the player. "oh he's a CAA guy so likely to go to CAA knicks", is utter madness to even be suggested, but it's how they got OG whilst RJ went to the raps who have alot of his agencies players I think. Whole thing needs to be blown up from an agent POV

It has a long history in the NBA.

One of the greatest fallacies in the history of the sport was that the Pels/Hornets traded Kobe because they were stupid. Somehow the fact that we were one of several teams warned off selecting Kobe because we were not a desired landing spot is always glossed over.

'Steering (one's client) to a favourable landing spot' is just a euphemism for draft tampering.

Never understood the Lebron hate, one of the best of all time. Don't agree with the way he conducts himself at times and whether or not Bronny is up to standard or not I think its fantastic a father can get to play on the same team as his son.

Andrew Gaze and his dad seemed to make it work, I am sure one or two seasons of Lebron being on the same roster as Bronny will be fantastic for them both.

Never understood the Lebron hate, one of the best of all time. Don't agree with the way he conducts himself at times and whether or not Bronny is up to standard or not I think its fantastic a father can get to play on the same team as his son.

Andrew Gaze and his dad seemed to make it work, I am sure one or two seasons of Lebron being on the same roster as Bronny will be fantastic for them both.

The only issue i have with LeBron is the flopping, for a guy oF his ability, he should not need to resort to it, but outside of that how can you not appreciate what he has achieved and how good of a player he is.

Last edited:

LeBron has been the face of the NBA for 20 years, and the biggest controversy he's been involved in has been some poorly thought comments about China, and handling free agency a bit poorly the first time around.

Say what you will about him, but he's been a great role model for the league for two decades.

(He's still behind Jordan though).

(He's still behind Jordan though).

And Jordan is still behind Magic and Bird...

Never been a big James fan, even with my Lakers. I freely admit I'd feel different, had he brought 4 or 5 rings to L.A. along with his ego.

The only issue i have with LeBron is the flopping, for a guy oF his ability, he should not need to resort to it, but outside of that how can you not appreciate what he has achieved and how good of a player he is.
Literally every star player flops, it’s a really odd thing to hold against him.

I’m a lebron fan but the way the Bronny shit happened is definitely tampering

I think it only applies to NBA contracted players.

Agents telling teams to not draft someone I imagine happens all the time behind the scenes. Especially to crap franchises. I would be certain Alex Sarr's agent used a very diplomatically acceptable to way to tell the Hawks to **** off pre-draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Definitely tampering. But no matter how you feel about Lebron, it's really cool that the father/son thing is a possibility.

It probably worked because his Dad let him take 30 shots per game.

I mean the Bridges trade is such an obvious example of tampering and no one has said a thing. The NBA loves to ignore 99% of tampering and just randomly punish 1 a year

He feels fairly disingenuous in how he presents his personal image at times. It feels extremely manufactured in many aspects.

1719552622_whatsapp-image-2024-06-28-at-10-30-57-am.jpeg

Allegations that kyle filipowskis girlfriend has caused a rift in the fili family.

Utah drafting a boyfriend/partner of a mormon apparently. They will fit in well in utah.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back