Training 2024 Preseason Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
haha people are just too stubborn to admit defeat. he actually stood up in clutch moments in last years finals. When everyone was spraying behinds, Sparrow kicked a nice one against the pies. One of our better players in the finals.
splat rugrats GIF

Haha who wasn't this bloke, I was trying to think of ways we could still blow this game while slowly realizing we ****ing might win it. I don't care who you were, after the bont goal that little period inbetween the Harmes kick to Fritsch felt like one more to the dogs and she was red rover.

Peter Sumich: "Calm down on Harley Reid, he's not Chris Judd."

Meanwhile Callum Twomey:

Christ lol. Judd did it against arguably the best midfield of all time playing from the stoppages and Windsor did it in a pre season game from the wing.

Peter Sumich: "Calm down on Harley Reid, he's not Chris Judd."

Meanwhile Callum Twomey:

Cal very slow to make the comparison, some of us were saying this weeks ago....

Why is Kane settling for Sam Walsh? I'll say what everyone is thinking, Chris Judd is a Caleb Windsor wannabe.

I get what Cal is saying with the burst of acceleration. As I've said, would like to see what Windsor could do on ball at some stage in his career, that acceleration away from a centre bounce could be a huge weapon. He's got enough physicality to his game to be fine on ball. Imagine Windsor running onto the tap Gawn fed Salem last night.

Christ lol. Judd did it against arguably the best midfield of all time playing from the stoppages and Windsor did it in a pre season game from the wing.
Yeah, Judd did it in a phone booth, would be a clump of players and he would win the ball, be strong enough to shake a tackle then burst away from the pack, side step a player and kick a goal. Once in a lifetime player.

That west coast game is tattooed in my brain. Was mind boggling how they destroyed Brisbane team. You just knew they were going to be something special. (No Bruce in those days)
Yep, i watched the entire game live, couldn't look away, best game I've ever seen from a midfielder.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, Judd did it in a phone booth, would be a clump of players and he would win the ball, be strong enough to shake a tackle then burst away from the pack, side step a player and kick a goal. Once in a lifetime player.
Yeah probably the best peak of any player I've ever seen. He was so ****ing good.

Game was also different aswell there was room outside the stoppage to run whereas now there's just another clump of blokes standing around waiting for a cheap disposal

Looks like the blokes who can kick it are kicking it lower and we're putting more effort into getting the ball to blokes who can kick. Second game in a row we could have kicked a big score if Fritch and Roo didn't waste it.

Looks like the blokes who can kick it are kicking it lower and we're putting more effort into getting the ball to blokes who can kick. Second game in a row we could have kicked a big score if Fritch and Roo didn't waste it.
Kozzy too. His set shots are awful.

Happy some of the younger guys look good. Windsor obviously but goalkicking aside Koz and JVR look good too.
Say it every year, you need 5-10 guys in AA conversations and 3-6 guys in the squad to win the flag.

Having Kozzy and Rivers reach that level would a step towards it for us but Oliver, May and Gawn are big question marks for us this year with really only Trac as a 'lock' for mine.

Say it every year, you need 5-10 guys in AA conversations and 3-6 guys in the squad to win the flag.

Having Kozzy and Rivers reach that level would a step towards it for us but Oliver, May and Gawn are big question marks for us this year with really only Trac as a 'lock' for mine.

I think max will be fine but agree with rest of your post. Would love if Oliver became a bit more handball focused and Trac/Koz swap mid/fwd all year.

I think max will be fine but agree with rest of your post. Would love if Oliver became a bit more handball focused and Trac/Koz swap mid/fwd all year.
Gawn wasn't AA last year and he's a year older again with no real help. Not saying he can't but the odds are diminishing.
Same with May.
Lever is 0 chance without May being AA.

It's up to Koz, Fritsch, Viney, Rivers to step up to that level imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back