Autopsy 2024 Rd 0 - Harry kicks the winner vs Lions

Who played well for the Blues vs the Lions in Round 0?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I've started watching Carlton matches from the operating theatre...
Not to go too t
What happens when you ARE the cardiolgist...
Was talking about this with my cardiologist, top bloke for a collingwood supporter, who has overseen a quad bypass and 4 stents over the last 4 years.

He tells me that outside of a major hospital, the mcg is one of the best places in the world to have a heart attack from a resourcing and facilities perspective

I’d love to hear that moment when Harry marks and kicks the goal via lace out. All the different stations and how they react to the moment
if it was king, the saints would release a dvd........

Really happy for those guys that fight hard for those last couple of spots, ready to come in for injuries and or start to cement themselves in the side

Fogarty, Cottrell, Boyd, Owies, Young, Kemp, Cuners

Young guys on the rise, Hollands, Carroll and more at the lower level

While every side wants to add more elite players, lifting the output of these types takes a side to another level
are you suggesting what I thing you are suggesting?

Replay at 2nd Q. 7 mins to go
Charlie Cameron just kicked a point
Score is
9 5 59
2 1 13.

I wonder what will happen.

Can you believe I missed the game ???!!!
Tom Cruise What GIF

I've been a fan/member for 45+ years and that's the best win I've ever seen.
The way they got the 2 late first half goals I thought for a second, could they? Nah, get real!

Stats don't always tell the story.
Crippa "only" had 23 but his role was more than that. Going in the ruck again and again, playing forward - and that goal.
Williams "only" had 19 but his ball use is as good as any in the comp.

For me, it was Harry that was BOG. 4 qtr effort.
***** fantastic win.

Hey Lions, remember 8th March?
You choked when we were without our B&F and the 2023 Finals.MVP! 😉
our previous other big comeback (48 against *) saw us snag a couple just before halftime as well..........then fevola........

Down on the foreshore smashing a salt and pepper squid and the worlds largest coffee bathed in sunshine, life is good.
for sure......

well ferris would have said it.........

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I watched the first half in one pub in South Melbourne and left at halftime saying to my mate, "this place is bad luck, let's go somewhere else!"

Then we walked around the corner to The Montague Hotel and saw they had beautiful big 'CFC' logos on the outside walls of the pub. "Now we're talking!" I say to him. We walk inside and Baggers kick 8 unanswered goals, reel in 46 point deficit and win by a point 💪😂

"That's absolute bullsh*t!" Says my Aints supporter mate in disbelief 😂

Bring on round 1 at the home of footy and Go Blues! 💙
clearly the home of footy is the mighty montague hotel..........

There have been a few in the media (and on this site) who have attempted to minimise the comeback on the basis that Brisbane missed a number of shots in the third term they by rights should've kicked. The problem with that analysis of the game is, from 59-13 to 61-64, Brisbane kicked two behinds; from start of onslaught to end, they had two credible shots on goal. This checks out when you look at accuracy stats; over the course of the evening, we're only .5% better over 20 shots than they were over 25.

They kicked a number of arsey goals that came from low percentage positions early. McCluggage misses the opener 19/20 times; Ah Chee hit the belly of the ball in just the right way to hit a snap which travelled almost 50m, when a cm in either direction causes the ball to barrel or drop short. If you're going to hit some difficult shots, you're also going to miss some easy ones over the fullness of time.

The most important stat at end of game is the tackles. They dominated us there early, so to be within 1 tackle of them despite outpossessing them is promising beyond belief.

It is important not to get too far ahead of ourselves. Whatever the AFL chooses to call this, this week was round 1 and round 1 throws up some unusual results. If we dished out the footy we played in term 1 against the Brisbane we confronted in the semi, they'd have kicked 80 points instead of merely 59. You cannot allow a good side - even a good side in their first hitout - that much of a leg up on you. Do that later in the year, it's the difference between top 4 and coming 8th.

The thing I like the most about this game was that for all Cripps, Hewitt, Charlie, Harry, Lewis played well, this was a victory for Boyd and Fog and Cotts and Williams. This was a team driven result. They're playing for each other, with the worst on ground still adding plenty to the team. There's skill, pace by foot, grit and power and ferocious intent but also selflessness which I don't think I've ever seen at Carlton except when I was very young.

Finally, if Harry has found his feet - akin to how Steve Smith finds his hands - the entire comp is holding their breath.
the latest gripe is the gap between our best and worst - on that thinking, I am still pissed off with the 1970 premiership team.......

There have been a few in the media (and on this site) who have attempted to minimise the comeback on the basis that Brisbane missed a number of shots in the third term they by rights should've kicked. The problem with that analysis of the game is, from 59-13 to 61-64, Brisbane kicked two behinds; from start of onslaught to end, they had two credible shots on goal. This checks out when you look at accuracy stats; over the course of the evening, we're only .5% better over 20 shots than they were over 25.

They kicked a number of arsey goals that came from low percentage positions early. McCluggage misses the opener 19/20 times; Ah Chee hit the belly of the ball in just the right way to hit a snap which travelled almost 50m, when a cm in either direction causes the ball to barrel or drop short. If you're going to hit some difficult shots, you're also going to miss some easy ones over the fullness of time.

The most important stat at end of game is the tackles. They dominated us there early, so to be within 1 tackle of them despite outpossessing them is promising beyond belief.

It is important not to get too far ahead of ourselves. Whatever the AFL chooses to call this, this week was round 1 and round 1 throws up some unusual results. If we dished out the footy we played in term 1 against the Brisbane we confronted in the semi, they'd have kicked 80 points instead of merely 59. You cannot allow a good side - even a good side in their first hitout - that much of a leg up on you. Do that later in the year, it's the difference between top 4 and coming 8th.

The thing I like the most about this game was that for all Cripps, Hewitt, Charlie, Harry, Lewis played well, this was a victory for Boyd and Fog and Cotts and Williams. This was a team driven result. They're playing for each other, with the worst on ground still adding plenty to the team. There's skill, pace by foot, grit and power and ferocious intent but also selflessness which I don't think I've ever seen at Carlton except when I was very young.

Finally, if Harry has found his feet - akin to how Steve Smith finds his hands - the entire comp is holding their breath.
Reflecting on that first quarter and I just think we tried to play a fast transition game and made the ground way too big and it exposed our lack of speed on the inside. It happened throughout preseason as well. It’s a conundrum. It’s clear that we want to expand our game but I think our personnel does not suite that back half transition game just yet. Either the team need to improve in that aspect or we pray to god that our next draft haul are the best kicks we’ve ever seen with the campo boys and another high draft pick we should be attaining. I don’t even think the style suites Williams and Saad. They are more contested flankers that suite the way we played after quarter time. I still believe we need to be a top 4-6 transition team to win the flag or we will be relying on a front half and stoppage game that rarely gets it done against the best transition teams come finals. Perhaps we can buck the trend though.

Reflecting on that first quarter and I just think we tried to play a fast transition game and made the ground way too big and it exposed our lack of speed on the inside. It happened throughout preseason as well. It’s a conundrum. It’s clear that we want to expand our game but I think our personnel does not suite that back half transition game just yet. Either the team need to improve in that aspect or we pray to god that our next draft haul are the best kicks we’ve ever seen with the campo boys and another high draft pick we should be attaining. I don’t even think the style suites Williams and Saad. They are more contested flankers that suite the way we played after quarter time. I still believe we need to be a top 4-6 transition team to win the flag or we will be relying on a front half and stoppage game that rarely gets it done against the best transition teams come finals. Perhaps we can buck the trend though.
I think we will have more strings to our bow when the next gen lads come through (Binns, Wilson, Campo boys, Cowan, etc). But for the next 2-3 years, it is contested footy or bust.

I think we will have more strings to our bow when the next gen lads come through (Binns, Wilson, Campo boys, Cowan, etc). But for the next 2-3 years, it is contested footy or bust.
Yes I believe we are just at the beginning of this team. It’s like we’re establishing the foundations and hopefully we can sneak in a flag for some of the senior boys in this team before the whips really get cracking when Walshy, TDK, Cerra and co are in their prime

Back