Autopsy 2024 Rd 11 Blues eclipse Suns with roof closed

Who played well for the Blues in Rd 11 vs the Suns?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

He is a different player when he doesn’t have to worry about shutting down someone.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I keep going back to we didn't bring him in to play HB -- pinch hitting mid half fwd is of more value to us. He doesn't look as if he wants to be a defensive HB and it wasn't why he came..

I think for me the most impressive part is that there has been a part of our game style that has been lacking over the last few years is creating the next man down the line in a chain.

Been our biggest weakness for years that we don't have or create loose players 3 or 4 times in a row. Today there were plenty of times we did it. Hoping we begin to build on it.

Kick straighter and use it better with our inside 50’s and it would have been a flogging.
I thought that was McGovern’s best defensive game for a while. Much better team defence this week.
Charlie, Charlie, Charlie - if only you could pressure a little more……….and how good was Williams playing a more damaging role. Can’t wait to see Martin, Motlop and him up forward. BANG!!! Also, love the Hollands boys today. Batman and Robin beat the more media loved GC midfield and TdK - star.

Now for the obvious …… yellow maggots - flower Off and G&t Flowered.

Its been difficult for Kemp, having to stay in his lane and play the percentages.

He is building with each outing, 2 steps forward and 1 back

Once he perfects his defensive responsibilities, his natural attacking flair will be seamless
Was happy to see the two handed punch over the boundary when he could have marked it on the chest.

Too conservative in that scenario but concrete proof he's learning when to attack and when to play the percentages. Great game from him today.

Righto, that wasn’t the greatest display apart from the dominant 15mins in the last, but I’m so happy I’m taking the family out for a succulent Chinese meal democracy manifest, I see you know your judo well, I can’t get my hand off my….
Enjoy rest up and see what we’ve got against a very good mob over in Stig territory!
Have a great rest of the weekend folks, you all deserve it!

Better team all day

Only wastefulness going forward and some ordinary decision making with ball in hand kept it close for as long as it was

Cripps sublime - BOG by a mile for mine, watching at the ground
TDK looks so much better as first ruck and I actually thought his tap work was great today against a quality ruckman. Pitto hasn’t been bad but this is a bit like the Darcy/Jackson issue at Freo
Zilliams is now our best small forward 🤣
Kemp and Cowan’s best games in Navy Blue - I think Kemp has proven enough that he should not be out of this back 6 unless he’s injured
Both Hollands boys very good I thought
Umpiring was ****ing atrocious

Onto to next week. Port are a soft underbelly sort, I think they’re gettable

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Liked Cowan's game today, thought he competed well.

Also liked the way Kemp was taking the game on, gave us some drive off half back.

Cincotta blanketed Miller, that was a good tactical move.

Fog back in was good to see, didn't set the world on fire first game back but def added a lot of pressure.

Saad eased his way back in, got through unscathed.

TDK did an awesome job in the ruck too I thought.

Cripps bog. Guy is a machine.

Walsh was decent but he needs to polish up on his f50 entries, he seems to be getting a bit in two minds which leads to some poor decisions.

Weitering was awesome too. He's so reliable these days, surely will get AA this year.

Was happy to see the two handed punch over the boundary when he could have marked it on the chest.

Too conservative in that scenario but concrete proof he's learning when to attack and when to play the percentages. Great game from him today.

That play I thought mark it but as you said played the %

Win on the board, though we found a couple of ways to turn a 50 point win into a 30 point win. Never really broke their back until late and as happens we let our opposition finish fast.
Our second quarters are a big concern but we managed to go on with this one.

Won it when we had to .

Back