Half-backs:Nic NewmanMitch McGovernAdam Saad
Centreline:Ollie HollandsPatrick CrippsBlake Acres
Half-forwards:Lachie FogartyHarry McKayZac Williams
Forwards:Matthew OwiesCharlie CurnowAlex Cincotta
Followers:Tom De KoningSam WalshGeorge Hewett
Interchange from:Lachie CowanCorey DurdinOrazio Fantasia
Elijah HollandsMatthew Kennedy
Emergencies:Caleb MarchbankJesse MotlopMarc Pittonet

Chris Scott is an unbelievably tough listen... anything he says is frustrating, i guess that's what he aims for...

My concern is Blicavs getting away from TDK around the ground as an extra midfielder, TDK exposes bigger slower ruckman usually, this will be a different challenge for him and our entire midfield group remembering they had us for speed last time.
As someone pointed out earlier, he wont be stopping cripps then, so can't stop all of us.

Yep, didn't get enough of it but used it well when he got it and was probably involved in scoring chains as a result. Fantasia's one wood was pace as he's never been a physical player. His pace is gone, doesn't appear to apply much pressure and is yet to kick a goal this season. I'd rather keep investing in a young fella who has shown some good glimpses at times this year.
You might need to go back and check your stats source regarding goals. Hasn't set the world on fire with 2 goals 6 but has generated 8 shots and given away a few he could easily have kicked himself. I suspect that he has been doing the defensive things that Vossy wants him to.

You might need to go back and check your stats source regarding goals. Hasn't set the world on fire with 2 goals 6 but has generated 8 shots and given away a few he could easily have kicked himself. I suspect that he has been doing the defensive things that Vossy wants him to.
You are correct sir. My apologies. Can't recall him kicking any, my bad. You'd have to agree though he has not set the world on fire.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really rate Bruhn as a rapidly improving midfielder. A big out for the Cats.
Stanley is little more than a warm body these days - no big loss - but fascinating that the Cats are comfortable without a recognised ruck given TDK’s presence in centre bounces.
O’Connor will go to Cripps which is a win for us.
Cincotta to Stewart, Holmes, Miers or Stengle. All worth a lock down IMO.
Like our team but very wary of the Cats off a reset.

I really rate Bruhn as a rapidly improving midfielder. A big out for the Cats.
Stanley is little more than a warm body these days - no big loss - but fascinating that the Cats are comfortable without a recognised ruck given TDK’s presence in centre bounces.
O’Connor will go to Cripps which is a win for us.
Cincotta to Stewart, Holmes, Miers or Stengle. All worth a lock down IMO.
Like our team but very wary of the Cats off a reset.
With Bruhn out I would send Cinc to Holmes. Without Guthrie their midfield is thin.

I think it's a bit of an archaic mindset to consider Player A is lockdown and Player B is intercept.

It's all about team defence now. You can get away with one anchor defender who lacks a bit of mobility (for us that's Weiters), but around that player you need a mix of athletic guys who can do a bit of everything. One play Kemp might need to come third man up over Hawkins, the next he might need to trail Cameron up the ground, and the next he might have to pick up Dangerfield when he drifts forward.

Kemp's greatest strength at the moment is his versatility. His biggest weakness is that he's played only 34 games and is still developing his craft. He got outbodied or outpositioned by Langford the other week? Might have something to do with Langford having 4 years and 100+ games on him...

Invest the time now and in 4-5 years Kemp is going to be towelling up less experienced forwards and creating a heap of drive off half back for us.

Or in the middle driving us forward imo.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Them …

In: Patrick Dangerfield, Ollie Henry, Zach Tuohy

Out: Tanner Bruhn (injured), Rhys Stanley (injured), Shannon Neale (Omitted)

Backs38. Jack Henry16. Sam De Koning8. Jake Kolodjashnij
Half Backs22. Mitch Duncan44. Tom Stewart39. Zach Guthrie
Centreline2. Zach Tuohy9. Max Holmes42. Mark O’Connor
Half Forwards45. Brad Close5. Jeremy Cameron32. Gryan Miers
Forwards18. Tyson Stengle26. Tom Hawkins36. Ollie Henry
Followers46. Mark Blicavs35. Patrick Dangerfield30. Tom Atkins
Interchange28. Ollie Dempsey23. Gary Rohan34. Oisin Mullin
13. Jhye Clark12. Jack Bowes
Emergencies1. Rhys Stanley41. Mitch Hardie17. Lawson Humphries
Are they playing silly buggers??
Stanley OUT injured yet is an emergency??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back