Half-backs:Nic NewmanMitch McGovernAdam Saad
Centreline:Ollie HollandsPatrick CrippsBlake Acres
Half-forwards:Lachie FogartyHarry McKayZac Williams
Forwards:Matthew OwiesCharlie CurnowAlex Cincotta
Followers:Tom De KoningSam WalshGeorge Hewett
Interchange from:Lachie CowanCorey DurdinOrazio Fantasia
Elijah HollandsMatthew Kennedy
Emergencies:Caleb MarchbankJesse MotlopMarc Pittonet

Just on Fantasia… we very clearly play a role based system and not a talent based system and the role that Cotters plays is very important to this system and how we want to play within in it. In Cotters absence Fantasia has played this role and whilst not as good at it as our number 46 he’s done a fairly decent job and much like Ollies role it’s a low possession team based role with a lot of unrewarded running to cover for teammates. And there is no chance that Motlop has the tank currently to play this role for the team and we saw last week that Carroll struggled to execute it.

I’m hoping we can go out and have a big win for the respects for women tomorrow night. Especially with all the escalated violence recently. The only concern i have is that we haven’t won a game in orange socks. If they possibly could change to blue socks and still play for the cause, I would be much more comfortable on our chances.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I’m thinking he’s building. Definitely chaining it forward. Sure 2 goals and 20 is coming. Imo

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yep that last post of mine was a little facetious.

For the record I agree that he's building. He seems to do something good (hit a target/goal assist) when he gets the ball most times. His problem is in needing to get ball more... and that he seems to have lost a yard. Maybe that'll improve with more game time and match fitness.

There's a spot in F50 for the taking so hope he grabs it.

From Round 7 to Round 15

Carlton
In: McGovern, Saad, Fogarty, Cincotta, Fantasia
Out: Cottrell, Young, Pittonet, J Carroll, Binns

Geelong
In: Stewart, Mullin, Rohan, Clark
Out: Stanley, C Guthrie, Bruhn, Parfitt

There is no doubt we are a lot stronger this time around. 4 of the 5 ins are vital to the way we are now playing. For the Cats, Stewart is a huge in (although not in form), and Cam Guthrie and Bruhn are bigger outs than their replacements are ins. I'll concede that Rohan's pace up forward can be problematic, and he is capable of having a day out, but that's not really the 2024 version of Rohan.

Kaftans then

The colour of our socks won't dictate the result

Poor record in SA, beat Port, poor record at the Gabba, beat the Lions

It's all about the readiness of this side, at this point in time

I hope you’re right. We have lost them all. Anti violence is a great cause. I just get concerned it triggers a slightly non combative mind set.

Btw. I rocked a pair of kaftans on my way back from Africa in the late 80s and was quarantined in customs

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

wouldn't be surprised if we see something like kennedy starting on stewart. kennedy seems to be playing a few forward decoy/negative roles. have to see how that pans out.
tdk will probably still take the ball out of the air a lot like against goldstein, seeing as he's up against a part time ruck but not have as many clean break-aways.
some handy outs for us on the geelong side. seems like this time of year the ledger is evening up and we're having our players come back. a lot of old heads and a lot of nous in their team, even if they are showing some signs of age. maybe we learnt some lessons since. and can kick straighter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From Round 7 to Round 15

Carlton
In: McGovern, Saad, Fogarty, Cincotta, Fantasia
Out: Cottrell, Young, Pittonet, J Carroll, Binns

Geelong
In: Stewart, Mullin, Rohan, Clark
Out: Stanley, C Guthrie, Bruhn, Parfitt

There is no doubt we are a lot stronger this time around. 4 of the 5 ins are vital to the way we are now playing. For the Cats, Stewart is a huge in (although not in form), and Cam Guthrie and Bruhn are bigger outs than their replacements are ins. I'll concede that Rohan's pace up forward can be problematic, and he is capable of having a day out, but that's not really the 2024 version of Rohan.
Cottrell for Fantasia is probably the only swap you'd want to make. Otherwise all the rest you would really be happy with the ins over the outs.

Probably the biggest thing is that those changes make us much much better defensively, which is what let us down against Geelong the first time

Cottrell for Fantasia is probably the only swap you'd want to make. Otherwise all the rest you would really be happy with the ins over the outs.

Probably the biggest thing is that those changes make us much much better defensively, which is what let us down against Geelong the first time

Mots was pretty good in the 2's last time. There'd be pressure on Durds to keep his spot over him too I reckon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back