Half-backs:Nic NewmanMitch McGovernAdam Saad
Centreline:Ollie HollandsPatrick CrippsBlake Acres
Half-forwards:Lachie FogartyHarry McKayZac Williams
Forwards:Matthew OwiesCharlie CurnowAlex Cincotta
Followers:Tom De KoningSam WalshGeorge Hewett
Interchange from:Lachie CowanCorey DurdinOrazio Fantasia
Elijah HollandsMatthew Kennedy
Emergencies:Caleb MarchbankJesse MotlopMarc Pittonet

We really do need to keep a lookout for another tough, tall defender with a decent sized tank to help Weitering down back. Cameron is a hard match up for us.

Maybe it will end up a shootout ... and have Faith that Charlie and Harry (TDK, Williams, Mots etc) can out gun them

Agree this game is too important in cementing our top 4 position (whilst impacting another top 4 threat) to risk on a 50/50 chance of Marchbank needing to be subbed out due to another innocuous injury. It's not that we all don't like Marchbank, we just can't trust his body anymore.
He's played two full reserves games without a hiccup. The only injury he's suffered since he became available in round 4 happened when he got cleaned up by Jordan Boyd. He's actually ready to go.

He will come under consideration to playbon Cameron. Wasn't that long ago he gave Hipwood a tidy up in a preliminary whilst having 20 touches and 8 marks himself.

Against him is that it probably throws our current defensive structure out of whack a bit. But i could easily see;
Hawkins - Weitering
Cameron - Marchbank
Henry - Kemp

We really do need to keep a lookout for another tough, tall defender with a decent sized tank to help Weitering down back. Cameron is a hard match up for us.

Maybe it will end up a shootout ... and have Faith that Charlie and Harry (TDK, Williams, Mots etc) can out gun them
Las time they killed us with the run and gun rebound. Hoping we set up like we did against Port we were completely stifled their burst out of defence. That way the oodles of space Cameron found himself in time and time again against us won't be afforded to him this time round

Last time we played them - no Saad, Guv, Cinc, Cerra or Martin.

You'd expect Cerra to play, Martin a maybe....

O. Hollands had a shocker, ditto Matt O.

Cotters, Carroll, Durdin, Cowan very quiet - Cowan now playing much more assuredly (game time does that).

Durds and Carroll likely outs. Cotters won't come straight back in if fit.

Danger hasn't played since the last time we met.

We might just smash them.

1718324520859.png

Last edited:
This is one game that I’m very confident we win. Too much class especially in the middle.

I’ll have the fatso twins over for this one, BLUEALLTHRU and JustaBattler. The fight over the hot chips and dimmies will be the game to watch.
You learn something new every day!

I didn't think you'd shout even if a shark bit you.

He's played two full reserves games without a hiccup. The only injury he's suffered since he became available in round 4 happened when he got cleaned up by Jordan Boyd. He's actually ready to go.

He will come under consideration to playbon Cameron. Wasn't that long ago he gave Hipwood a tidy up in a preliminary whilst having 20 touches and 8 marks himself.

Against him is that it probably throws our current defensive structure out of whack a bit. But i could easily see;
Hawkins - Weitering
Cameron - Marchbank
Henry - Kemp

I agree with this, have no issue bringing Marchy in next week now the HRT have finally wised up to high intensity training not close to matching VFL intensity and not even on the same planet to AFL intensity.
He’s had a couple of games and would be way more ready than just training blocks

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I know the bye is good for players to freshen up, and club to take stock for reminder of the year, but..... g*d, I hate the bye when we're not playing...

Meh, my daughter came home last night and said considering there’s no game on TV tonight and we have the bye this week let’s watch the Opening game against Brisbane…done, family watched during and after dinner

fix complete for the week!!!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Cotters, Carroll, Durdin, Cowan very quiet - Cowan now playing much more assuredly (game time does that).

View attachment 2019198
Probably at mots for the ins from last time too

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawkins - Weitering
Cameron - Marchbank
Henry - Kemp
Actually I would swap out Kemp for Marchbank in a heartbeat

On CPH2135 using BigFooty.com mobile app

View attachment 2019198
You forgot the main man - no L.Fogarty either. Will make a huge difference in them breezing out of our forward line like they did last time.

Fog hasn't played against Geelong since 2021 after joining us from Geelong in 2020.

Actually I would swap out Kemp for Marchbank in a heartbeat

On CPH2135 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Gutsy call, hope that you put your helmet on as it won't be popular.

It's hard to know where Kemp ends up in the pecking order. You could see how good he might be but you can also see huge areas where he needs to improve. Seems that most on here can only see the good though. I think that it would ve a mistake to play him on Cameron though just yet .

rhys stanley might match tdk on the ground but would have less ruck nous than goldstein. same deal blicavs. goldstein skirted very close to lots of blocking fa's to curb tdk.
reckon we might see walsh/cripps make more of an appearance early in the match, here's hoping. we bust open lots of teams early and did it against essendon without much effort from those two.

Las time they killed us with the run and gun rebound. Hoping we set up like we did against Port we were completely stifled their burst out of defence. That way the oodles of space Cameron found himself in time and time again against us won't be afforded to him this time round
Playing TDK solo ruck should help.

As should the extra speed and ball use from McG and Saad and pressure from Fog.

No Young is also great.

View attachment 2019198
Hollands always plays better off a long break. Struggles with consecutive tough games. Hopefully the bye will freshen him up. BUT I have no issues with him being replaced with a tougher wing so that tuohy can’t get off the chain again. Maybe even acres goes to Touhys wing and hollands to Dempseys.

Gutsy call, hope that you put your helmet on as it won't be popular.

It's hard to know where Kemp ends up in the pecking order. You could see how good he might be but you can also see huge areas where he needs to improve. Seems that most on here can only see the good though. I think that it would ve a mistake to play him on Cameron though just yet .
Agree. Cameron is not a contested mark forward. He’s a mobile forward who does most of his damage by being smarter and quicker than a KPD.
I think we would be better off playing an Acres/Newman/Cottrell type on him unless Cameron is permanently in the goal square.
In regard to matchups, I also think Cincotta will go to Tyson Stengle or Gryan Miers this week. Geelong doesn’t really have the classy type mids we’ve faced in the past couple of weeks.

Cameron is a hard match up for us.
Cameron is a hard matchup for every team, not just us. The interesting part is they have 2 tall endurance beasts in Blicavs and Cameron. Different roles but unique running capacity for KP size players.

I could see someone like Acres playing a good role on him until roughly inside 55m. He's deceptively big is Blake, over 190cm and 90 kgs. Cameron is 196cm, so taller, but not a huge mismatch.

Inside 50 he's more a crafty find space type than a contested, competitive type, so someone who plays sticky is ideal. Unfortunately for us that's where the mismatch comes in, Kemp and McGovern are a bit more off-man/slightly looser interceptors than sticky, disciplined 1v1 types. Weiters is that guy but he's a perfect match for Hawkins so that's where he goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back