Half-backs:Nic NewmanMitch McGovernAdam Saad
Centreline:Ollie HollandsPatrick CrippsBlake Acres
Half-forwards:Lachie FogartyHarry McKayZac Williams
Forwards:Matthew OwiesCharlie CurnowAlex Cincotta
Followers:Tom De KoningSam WalshGeorge Hewett
Interchange from:Lachie CowanCorey DurdinOrazio Fantasia
Elijah HollandsMatthew Kennedy
Emergencies:Caleb MarchbankJesse MotlopMarc Pittonet

Agree. Cameron is not a contested mark forward. He’s a mobile forward who does most of his damage by being smarter and quicker than a KPD.
I think we would be better off playing an Acres/Newman/Cottrell type on him unless Cameron is permanently in the goal square.
In regard to matchups, I also think Cincotta will go to Tyson Stengle or Gryan Miers this week. Geelong doesn’t really have the classy type mids we’ve faced in the past couple of weeks.

Last game I thought Acres should have got the job, still think it would be our best option if Cameron pushes up the ground

I agree with this, have no issue bringing Marchy in next week now the HRT have finally wised up to high intensity training not close to matching VFL intensity and not even on the same planet to AFL intensity.
He’s had a couple of games and would be way more ready than just training blocks

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Interesting isn’t it?
Decades of largely unchallenged theory that game play at the lower level was “required” to help some players ease back into AFL level.
Dont think there’s ever been a study or solid evidence to support that theory so you could argue that an alternative approach of a longer and more intensive training block might yield similar outcomes.
Like many aspects of sport, there’s elements of witchcraft and idolisation of individual methods regarding injury management which ultimately get found out … there’s a fine line between oracle and idiot.

Cameron is a hard matchup for every team, not just us. The interesting part is they have 2 tall endurance beasts in Blicavs and Cameron. Different roles but unique running capacity for KP size players.

I could see someone like Acres playing a good role on him until roughly inside 55m. He's deceptively big is Blake, over 190cm and 90 kgs. Cameron is 196cm, so taller, but not a huge mismatch.

Inside 50 he's more a crafty find space type than a contested, competitive type, so someone who plays sticky is ideal. Unfortunately for us that's where the mismatch comes in, Kemp and McGovern are a bit more off-man/slightly looser interceptors than sticky, disciplined 1v1 types. Weiters is that guy but he's a perfect match for Hawkins so that's where he goes.
In actuality he's had an average season (for someone of his class). Kicked 6 against the Kangaroos and five against us. In his other 10 games this year he's kicked 13 goals with no more than 2 a game.

He doesn't seem to have come back well after concussions last year and this year. Maybe he feasts on the Roos and Lewis Young? Other teams have found ways to curtail him of late and I suspect that it's as a result of the Cats getting less of the explosive ball without Dangerfield and their lack of class in the remaining midfield.

Plan for him diligently, ensure that the cats are having to scrounge and scrap for every ball rather than serve up space on a plate like we did last time and we'll be o.k.

Gutsy call, hope that you put your helmet on as it won't be popular.

It's hard to know where Kemp ends up in the pecking order. You could see how good he might be but you can also see huge areas where he needs to improve. Seems that most on here can only see the good though. I think that it would ve a mistake to play him on Cameron though just yet .
Unless Marchbank/Young/Durdin put together some really good consecutive form at VFL level I can only see them coming against the very weak teams to give some of the starting back 6 a rest

Interesting isn’t it?
Decades of largely unchallenged theory that game play at the lower level was “required” to help some players ease back into AFL level.
Dont think there’s ever been a study or solid evidence to support that theory so you could argue that an alternative approach of a longer and more intensive training block might yield similar outcomes.
Like many aspects of sport, there’s elements of witchcraft and idolisation of individual methods regarding injury management which ultimately get found out … there’s a fine line between oracle and idiot.
That fine line that many on here regularly transcend. 👌

yep.. if Marchy did some of the kamikaze feats that Kemp pulls off he'd be hospitalized immediately. We have to be pragmatic that Marchbank is now break glass only for the remainder of 24 and quite possibly will be delisted.
Needs to be managed just for tying his laces these days.
It sucks, he had great potential, but it's not going to happen unfortunately.

yep.. if Marchy did some of the kamikaze feats that Kemp pulls off he'd be hospitalized immediately. We have to be pragmatic that Marchbank is now break glass only for the remainder of 24 and quite possibly will be delisted.
There is no doubt that Voss considers a fit and in form Marchbank as a best 22 player. Despite what many on here think.

Now whether or not he is considered to be fit and in form in the near future, that's the vital question.

Not sure about these kamikaze feats that you talk about with Kemp? Sometimes he looks very comfortable in the contest. Sometimes he looks like he's never played the game before. Currently he's a good serviceable 3rd defender (with scope to improve considerably).

Fortunately there's not too many teams with multiple good key forwards. Geelong, Brisbane (both flaky), and us. Other teams are going to have one good key forward and a tall ruck , Freo, Pies . My concern is with Kemp playing on Mason Cox, Luke Jackson, Jeremy Cameron or Eric Hipwood in a big final.

Anyway that's for Vossy to worry about. Don't be surprised if you see Marchy in the not too distant future though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting isn’t it?
European horse trainers are happy to run a horse in the Melbourne Cup first up, whereas Bart Cummings insisted on 10 kilometres of lead up races.

I know the bye is good for players to freshen up, and club to take stock for reminder of the year, but..... g*d, I hate the bye when we're not playing...
Couldn't agree more. I'm addicted to that winning feeling and hope we can keep it rolling after the bye versus the Catters.

Have been very lucky that my Celtics won NBA finals all week to fill in the bye. Could be an 18th NBA championship banner won by tomorrow to go with a 17th flag for the Baggers come September.

Cameron is a hard matchup for every team, not just us. The interesting part is they have 2 tall endurance beasts in Blicavs and Cameron. Different roles but unique running capacity for KP size players.

I could see someone like Acres playing a good role on him until roughly inside 55m. He's deceptively big is Blake, over 190cm and 90 kgs. Cameron is 196cm, so taller, but not a huge mismatch.

Inside 50 he's more a crafty find space type than a contested, competitive type, so someone who plays sticky is ideal. Unfortunately for us that's where the mismatch comes in, Kemp and McGovern are a bit more off-man/slightly looser interceptors than sticky, disciplined 1v1 types. Weiters is that guy but he's a perfect match for Hawkins so that's where he goes.
Acres 193cm

Yes I will admit that I'm talking of a fit , non injured ready to go Marchbank...
He was so good when we first got him.

On CPH2135 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Sadly for Cameron and the Cats it appears his head knocks have curtailed his output. He aint going to suddenly turn it on and kick a bag. Cats to miss the 8!

Edit sorry Bigfrizz36 hadnt read your post and bascially looks like ive copied you😂

Players that are never on the park - good for a cameo game or two or three at a stretch- cant have as many on the list as Carlton does- explains a lot about lack of depth in other areas carrying these blokes - not good and needs to be fixed enough is enough : Martin/Marchbank/Cuningham ...questionable relevance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back