Half-backs:Nic NewmanMitch McGovernAdam Saad
Centreline:Ollie HollandsPatrick CrippsBlake Acres
Half-forwards:Lachie FogartyHarry McKayZac Williams
Forwards:Matthew OwiesCharlie CurnowAlex Cincotta
Followers:Tom De KoningSam WalshGeorge Hewett
Interchange from:Lachie CowanCorey DurdinOrazio Fantasia
Elijah HollandsMatthew Kennedy
Emergencies:Caleb MarchbankJesse MotlopMarc Pittonet

As it currently stands Kemp has to either play on Cameron or Hawkins.
Probably not for us, but we have never been travelling as well as we are now when he's come back before.

Will be an interesting call for sure. I suspect that he will come straight back in.
Surely Cerra comes in for Carrol. The only reason you would play Cerra in the two's is to get some match fitness

Weitering should always get the best forward close to goal .. that’s Cameron , he is the only guy that can beat us … cincotta to danger or Holmes , Cowan gets miers , Hewitt to whoever is next in line and the rest of the boys won’t have any issues… we kick straight we pump geelong

Cameron will take him outside 50 if that’s the case not what we want.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last time the umps had a big say in the game going against us. Very frustrating.

On current form we should win but we can't let Cameron off the leash again.

Well... if the new htb rule is interpreted correctly, we'll have no issues. Then again, even if the old rule was interpreted correctly last time, we missed out on at least 4 htb in our f50.

Let him do that , someone takes him when he floats and he can’t kick goals form the centre square , when he floats back weiters covers him.. he kicks 5-6 goals is the only way they beat us on current form.

Not sure about that... even when GC smashed them in Darwin they still managed to kick 100 points without Hawkins and Cameron...

Last time we played them, it wasn't only Cameron that gave us problems, so did 34 yr old Tuohy, Henry (although he was gifted a couple goals).

Their injury list is pretty much non existent atm and the bye will freshen them up... expecting a tough contest but ultimately we prevail by a couple of goals.

Had a thought.

How about we trial De Koning as a Blicavs style centre square mid with Pitt.

Pitt taps, De Koning bashes and crashes them moves forward.

Not all the time, but could add a new look to the group which is hard to counter

On Pixel 7a using BigFooty.com mobile app

Had a thought.

How about we trial De Koning as a Blicavs style centre square mid with Pitt.

Pitt taps, De Koning bashes and crashes them moves forward.

Not all the time, but could add a new look to the group which is hard to counter

Pixel 7a using BigFooty.com mobile app
Won't work. TDK's main weapon is grabbing it out of the ruck and using his agility to do damage by hand or foot. In this scenario he would be pinned for interfering with the ruck contest.

10/10 preview - well done.

But part of the reason we lost last time was the decision to play Weitering on Hawkins.

Hawkins spent much of the last game playing decoy and keeping Weitering away from the play. Hawkins is not dangerous. He is not a threat to kick goals. We did not adjust and we should have.

It would be foolish to waste our best defender on a has-been plodder. Weitering would benefit from a matchup where he can sag off and intercept.

I'd play Weitering on Neale. Kemp gets Cameron. McGovern to Hawkins. Hell even Cowan could do that job even though he'd be giving up 40kg.
Pitto on Hawkins perhaps? McGov on Rowan, Kemp on Cameron and Weiters to intercept and general.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geelong are probably the only team where we feel like having another big defender would be useful. I think Weitering on Cameron at times would work. My worry is that if he's on Hawkins, Hawkins is going to take him away from where he needs to be.

I would not rule out a roll of the dice with Marchbank, for Cameron. If fit he's a tall with a huge tank, so the ideal matchup for Cameron. Cameron takes him up the field, if he gets lazy, Marchbank is smart enough to know how to drop back in defence and sit in the hole and intercept.

I would not go with MArchbank but I know it will be discussed as it's a no brainer matchup for Cameron.

McGovern probably gets the job and shares it with Kemp. I think if Cameron is up around the midfield then Kemp goes with him. Rather not have Gov chasing arse and covering a lot of ground. We like to get him free and use him as a kicker coming out of defence.

Will be interesting to see how the defence works things out. Things work well for us if our midfield defends well and the ball is coming in long.

I think we can dominate them in the middle again. This time we can be more efficient going forward.

I would only add motlop.
Cerra needs a game in the vfl
Martin needs 2 games in t

10/10 preview - well done.

But part of the reason we lost last time was the decision to play Weitering on Hawkins.

Hawkins spent much of the last game playing decoy and keeping Weitering away from the play. Hawkins is not dangerous. He is not a threat to kick goals. We did not adjust and we should have.

It would be foolish to waste our best defender on a has-been plodder. Weitering would benefit from a matchup where he can sag off and intercept.

I'd play Weitering on Neale. Kemp gets Cameron. McGovern to Hawkins. Hell even Cowan could do that job even though he'd be giving up 40kg.

Cowan on the Hawk would be a sight to see.

Weiters couldn't keep up with Cameron. He roams all over the ground sometimes even playing down back or on ball for stages these days. Stick him on Porkins and if he's beating him comfortably maybe he can sag off him and play a bit looser to intercept more entries.
I reckon Cotter's would be able to follow Cameron around the ground and just tell him to negate Cameron's game.

On CPH2135 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Eh not really. Weitering has owned him and he’s not the same player. Age gets to everyone. He could kick a couple but not enough to win them the game anymore
If anyone bar Weitering plays on Hawkins the Cats will plonk Hawkins in the square and he will simply monster them. Doesn't matter how old he is he is simply too strong for Kemp or McGovern.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back