Autopsy 2024 Rd 19 Blues survive a Kangaroo scare

Who played well for the Blues in Round 19 vs the Roos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Bank the 4 points and move on. That's all we needed to do. A few sore boys and a short turn around.

I’m gonna say something extremely controversial because at my absolute kindest, he was a 3/10 today, but, I would persist with Cerra at half back…

He is a point of difference field kick and can set up the play for us.

I wonder where we could find a half back that has elite kicking skills,……… we have a problem”

Think.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Why?

He’s been poor all year but he has actually contributed in the last fortnight.

Some people just see what they want to see sometimes to back up their pre conceived ideas.

I thought he was really good, just need to bulk up a bit. But his second efforts and desperation put a lot of others to shame.

I agree with the first part, but i also think Cerra could do with a couple of weeks coming off the backline. His form has been awful, both when we have the ball and defensively and needs confirence. He was a stabilising presence down back and gives us a good ball user while Boyd recovers/finds form.

Kennedy also.did well in defence but should never have had to go there. If they wanted to give Kemp a confidence booster then Young should have played and let Weitering roam a bit more. Poor choice but in the end Kennedy's versatility probably saved us the game, along with a burst from TDK in the third

I think Cerra could do with a couple of weeks in the VFL

We must have watched different games.

For his standard he was decent but I’d be surprised if he keeps his spot.

What you want with younger midfielders is linear improvement. Apart from maybe round 1 this year as an early sub, I thought that that was Carroll's best game this year. Doesn't mean he was a superstar but I get the feeling that he might be starting to feel that he might belong at this level, as opposed to thinking that the axe is always hovering over him.

On Carroll, Well, he’s mostly sub isn’t he? So not much to compare with.
I thought he was poor when attending bounce and he attended 15 of them. Maybe a reflection of us at centre bounce in general. I’d pick Kennedy and EHollands to attend before him (Cripps Walsh Hewett ahead obviously)
Mostly uncontested possies, which maybe suggests he spread well. Most in the middle despite that.
Look I hope I’m wrong and he turns into a jet, I just don’t see signs that suggest he will be.
Plenty of other things for us to worry about

There’s not much to talk about.

If Cerra holds his spot meanwhile Binns had 47 & 3 goals in the ressies say goodbye to selection integrity.
So Binns is going to play at half back? Cerra played half back to cover for Boyd. I sincerely hope that they don't play Binns in his first full senior game in a position that he has never played.

Yes, Ollie was better today in moments but also bloody shockingly bad at times...

Martin, Guv, Boyd and Kemp to come back in.

I'd be dropping Cerra and giving Cuningham a full game.

Carroll was ok but doubt he'll hold a spot.

Cotters much better.

E. Hollands needs to find form too. Perhaps drank too much of his own bath water?
They should be telling Ollie unless it's an absolute ****ing emergency like the semi last year breathe and step back and think (lucky in the semi that Doc had the strength to take that mark and make it look awesome cos Ollies kick to him was not to advantage).

Elijah has 1 bad game now and then so give him some slack but he's starting to slow between head to foot and getting caught a lot the last few games.

Cerra I'd consider sub next week but don't think we can risk dropping our "potential" good mids against a prettin in-form Port midfield.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sorry Arriw, I’m going to take exception to this. 47 and 3 is an unbelievable game no matter what level you are at.

Binns continues to play exceptionally well at the next level down and yet not getting a go in the seniors.

He was a sub in his only game ffs, how does anyone know, especially yourself, how his game will translate with decent game time in the firsts.

He needs to be thrown a bone soon

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Does a team with 8 points for the season deserve the full narrative of the match day commentary?
I'd argue that was an insane call and commentary by the Fox Team.

Despite that, what do we make of the weird positional changes and moves the last 3 months?

Anyway
Well done Blues and let's get it together!!!

Roll on and keep winning . Get the confidence up and start to fly.
Even crazier considering it was our “home” game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry Arriw, I’m going to take exception to this. 47 and 3 is an unbelievable game no matter what level you are at.

Binns continues to play exceptionally well at the next level down and yet not getting a go in the seniors.

He was a sub in his only game ffs, how does anyone know, especially yourself, how his game will translate with decent game time in the firsts.

He needs to be thrown a bone soon

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Yep, Ollie should offer his posi for a few weeks if he's fair game.

Even crazier considering it was our “home” game
It really sucked. Beyond reasonable.
They did say most other supporters needed us to lose so maybe they decided it was a good way to go.

Classic case of take the 4 pts and run.

Watching the first qtr I sort of felt this might wind up being the result - young team will come out firing while the top 2 team putting in the graveyard shift on a Sunday arvo might come out slightly sluggish.

Whatever happened at half time worked, we definitely came out better.

Just a watch on this team for another couple of weeks - the past 3 weeks for large parts of the games the midfield battle has gone back to Cripps or bust. We can't carry on that way, hopefully it's just a dip in form. What I do know is we can not go into finals with Cerra & Kennedy in the starting back 6, that experiment needs to be nipped it bud quick smart.

14.4 for North

Sides are super accurate against us

10.8 and its a 7 goal belting
It’s interesting.

Theres something to be said from where opposition is taking i50 kicks from. Teams have a habit of being accurate against us, and I don’t think it’s a fluke.

Defense needs to look to spread oppo forwards so set shots are on a wide angle and long.

Thought Walsh and Cerra were borderline liabilities...

Cerra looks unfit.

Walsh was struggling to tackle - injury issues?

O Hollands wouldn't b in my side presently.

Yes, made a few spoils, but butchered the ball way too often.

His brother lost his mojo too.
Walsh was pretty sore as with a few others after today’s game, North certainly came to play and belted our boys hard. They will be a good side next year similar to the Hawks progress this year, both well coached, young
and very talented. As they gain more experience will be excellent be teams.

On Carroll, Well, he’s mostly sub isn’t he? So not much to compare with.
I thought he was poor when attending bounce and he attended 15 of them. Maybe a reflection of us at centre bounce in general. I’d pick Kennedy and EHollands to attend before him (Cripps Walsh Hewett ahead obviously)
Mostly uncontested possies, which maybe suggests he spread well. Most in the middle despite that.
Look I hope I’m wrong and he turns into a jet, I just don’t see signs that suggest he will be.
Plenty of other things for us to worry about
Some are happy that a young player is starting to show show signs.

And others.................

Kemp has got to feel hard done by after being looked over for Marchbank.

But now to have Durdin ahead of him is just salt into the wound.

Kemp is at least able to hold a mark. Straight back in please. Our best defence has a healthy weiters gov and kemp.
Should've taken the fine and brought him in when Marchy did a Marchy.

Happy to see Big Durdin get a win but he wasn’t convincing. I’d give him another game to see if he can build but we need one of Kemp or McGovern in as a third tall.

North kicked accurately and we were hampered by 5-6 players going off at various points (Walsh, McKay, TDK, Saad, Kennedy and Durdin… did I miss any?)

I don’t want to see half-back Kennedy or Cerra ever again, play Cerra on the wing if Acres doesn’t get up for Friday’s match.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2024 Rd 19 Blues survive a Kangaroo scare

Back