Autopsy 2024 Rd 19 Blues survive a Kangaroo scare

Who played well for the Blues in Round 19 vs the Roos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

the structure looked off but we got the points. Reckon Marchie being a late out threw us a bit. Don't think Boyd was in the mix but when Marchbank out had to bring him in. I think Kemp was back in the two's to work on a few things and If we had of known Marchbank was going to get sick he would have been listed as an emergency to replace. hope we work on the structures, good to see Motts back, good to see an underrated Hewett back. Snagged the 4 points, lots to work on, all good

heart in mouth stuff for a longtime there .. need to sort out the talls -- and all the role players with extra midfielders all over the park .. win is a win

North sniffed a win opportunity and went for it and we didn’t get wake up until half time.

Hopefully they carry the momentum into the next game. A few sore lads and a short turnaround.

I really liked Carroll today. He has an ability to slow things around him and find a way through traffic. I hope he stays in.

Durdin is not a guy you want to have to rely on in finals.

We won’t have to worry about him.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Putting Cerra in defence was Hammil’s worst decision at Carlton since he left back in 2001.
Positives. The two whipping boys, Cottrell and OHollands played great games. Hollands continued to put his body on the line with some important defensive efforts and Cottrell got a lot more involved today. Much better than he has been.

Negatives. We had Cerra and Kennedy playing in defence with Kennedy full back on Teakle. This should never happen. We didn't have anyone else to match up on them. The MC needs to do better. Dropping Kemp was a ridiculous move given the match ups.

Carna Blues!

Every win is a blessing. Well done our lads. Always tough when the oppo is ordinary and we are expected to win. They had nothing to lose we had much. Not pretty but seen more games like this over the years than any other sort.
4 points is all that ever gets remembered unless some really special highlight moment.

Last edited:
Cerra can never playing half back again.

I would reward Binns with a game next week at the expense of Ollie. Inexcusable missing the goal which would have iced the game and also kicked it directly to a Roos player at least twice if not more. Thought it was crazy to sub Acres rather than him.

Think we need Gov, Martin and Kemp back next week for Port.

Great to see Mots back and doing what a small forward should do!!!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Firstly credit to North as they are a team on the rise and in Comben they have a genuine star who can play both ends of the ground and pinch hit in the ruck. Team balance was off without Gov and Boyd so credit to MK and Cerra having to play out of position. Also kudos to TDK for fighting through the pain barrier and playing a significant role. I also thought the fringe players like Ollie, Cotts, Cowan, Mots all had good games…and it was good to see Charlie and Harry lift as required.

That all said the result was almost a referendum on our list. We don’t have a 2nd genuine key defender of the standard required. Gov, Marchy and Kemp are all probably 3rd defenders (although I think Kemp is more of a 3rd forward). Young and Durdin are vFL players. Despite this I actually think we could still win the flag this year, more so due to the likely opponent than anything, but I want to see us trade for a ready made key defender (J Gov) and draft one as well (O’Farrell).

Positives. The two whipping boys, Cottrell and OHollands played great games. Hollands continued to put his body on the line with some important defensive efforts and Cottrell got a lot more involved today. Much better than he has been.

Negatives. We had Cerra and Kennedy playing in defence with Kennedy full back on Teakle. This should never happen. We didn't have anyone else to match up on them. The MC needs to do better. Dropping Kemp was a ridiculous move given the match ups.

I agree with the first part, but i also think Cerra could do with a couple of weeks coming off the backline. His form has been awful, both when we have the ball and defensively and needs confirence. He was a stabilising presence down back and gives us a good ball user while Boyd recovers/finds form.

Kennedy also.did well in defence but should never have had to go there. If they wanted to give Kemp a confidence booster then Young should have played and let Weitering roam a bit more. Poor choice but in the end Kennedy's versatility probably saved us the game, along with a burst from TDK in the third

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2024 Rd 19 Blues survive a Kangaroo scare

Back