Autopsy 2024 Rd 19 Blues survive a Kangaroo scare

Who played well for the Blues in Round 19 vs the Roos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

All is not going well when Sam Durdin is getting a game. Just a mile off the level of AFL.

Gov back next week hopefully. Our most important player.

Great to see Motlop back. Lethal.

So many injury worries out of the game though and form!! What happened to it?

We were building into the season so we'll 4 weeks ago. Now battling to a win against North. And just playing sloppy football.

A few weeks to turn it around but another loss could prove catastrophic... we'd get smashed by the Hawks on today's form.

So many injury worries out of the game though and form!! What happened to it?

We were building into the season so we'll 4 weeks ago. Now battling to a win against North. And just playing sloppy football.

A few weeks to turn it around but another loss could prove catastrophic... we'd get smashed by the Hawks on today's form.

This is what happened to our form

Melting Ice Cream GIF by jsot

Durdin should not have played today - body didn’t seem right. Pretty tough when you are playing for a list spot.
Might not have been many alternatives after it was determined Kemp needed to play VFL no matter what.
Kemp looked good in the 2’s.

Our mids were epic - so his 2nd half was light work. Taken off at 3QT with Martin.

I really do not like what I've seen the last 3 weeks whatsoever. And I have no idea where it's come from. Hoping it's a lull. Worried it's something more. Next couple of weeks will put it in to context.

PS - Drop Cez please. Been nowhere near it in the midfield and he ain't a backman. Yes, too good to be playing in reserves. But he's also too much of a passenger to play in the ones currently. Drop him now, play him in to form and get him back for finals.
He was soft yesterday, just doesn’t commit to the contest like Walsh or our bulls.

I wouldn’t drop him at this stage.

Give him Ollie’s wing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sam Durdin certainly looks like a mature age recruit.

Walsh to Ollie’s wing. He’s getting beat up inside. Trying his guts out, but not getting any clear ball. Look after him Vossy, cos he ain’t looking after himself
Think we'll find this on Friday night if Blake doesn't get up. They'll move Walsh to the wing & play Cezz back in the guts. Also Boydy & Gov likely back so likely no half back roll next week

I said to my wife before the game North have a chance because the game is at Marvel and their form has been good. I also said thank goodness it’s Carlton’s last game at bloody Marvel because Carlton struggle there. Just realised we have 2 more games there, one this Friday against her mob (Port). Now I’m back to being nervous.

Besides a couple of brain fades with some short kicks, I thought Ollie played his best game in 2 months

Same with Carroll who gets way too much criticism for a player of his age and experience.

Carroll played a better game than Walsh and Cerra….

Small forwards did really well….kept it in the game.

EH form has slumped considerably

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Went to the game yesterday and felt our team was out of balance due to necessity … when you have Kennedy , cerra in the backline with durd playing first game …. Walsh struggling , tdk off the ground and mckay in the ruck makes it alot harder to blow teams away and we are out of form.

Smalls were good mots fogs and owies ..
felt when tdk came back on is when we structured up well and won the game.
Durdin dropped atleast 5/6 marks , if he clunked them we would be saying something dif … kemp wouldn’t have done much better.

Ollie some critical mistakes by foot but geez he has lots of guts
Cottrell saad and Newman good
Crippa best for mine and Charlie as frustrating as he is won us the game.
Won’t be watching that game on the replay and looking forward to Friday night

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2024 Rd 19 Blues survive a Kangaroo scare

Back