Autopsy 2024 Rd 9 Blues hold on in 1 point thriller

Who played well for the Blues in Round 9 vs the Demons?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Alright, that's enough.

The next poster who thinks they should have a crack at an individual or a collective reaction to this game is going to find themselves threadbanned. Terms like 'bleaters' or 'shit posters' will see things escalated further.

Let's discuss our views on the match without getting the knives out, please.

I get it, but how good to barrack for a team where some of our supporters are angry after beating a top 4 side.
We've come a long way since a couple of years ago, when we likely would've dropped that game in the last 40 seconds.
Enjoy your weekend, GO BLUES!!
haha yeah, we've been rubbish for 22 years, enjoy any win!

I know we ran out of legs in the last quarter but I believe we had played 3 games in 12 days.
Also losing Cerra wasn't Ideal.

I'll take a win like that against the in form team.

The best thing about this season is that we are not playing our best brand of footy and we are winning our games or losing by the smallest margins (against the top sides).

How many weeks for that Van Rooyen dangerous tackle? :p

Ok now that the dust has settled on the game can we shift our focus back to that ferocious tackle in the 4th quarter on our boy Kemp.

Surely the MRO is going to throw the book at Van Rooyen. 4 weeks minimum.

Hope Kemp is ok. I sent flowers to the club this morning.

How can you ever be disappointed with a win
Honestly I think some people are getting caught up in the optics of a win - I.e how convincing it is and how oppo fans here will perceive it.

But **** it I say, a win is a win, 4 points is 4 points and we played some damn good footy for a decent portion of the match anyway against a very good side.

It’s great isn’t it, he used the word “win”..so he knew we’d win!

For context in the last four weeks we’ve played.

Giants - Flag favourites at the time.
Geelong - 2022 flag.
Pies - 2023 flag.
Melbourne - 2021 flag.

We’ve come out 2-2 without our best team.

Glass half full!

Never half empty.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I know we ran out of legs in the last quarter but I believe we had played 3 games in 12 days.

The best thing about this season is that we are not playing our best brand of footy and we are winning our games or losing by the smallest margins (against the top sides).

I thought we have brought some of our best footy though... we are seeing it in patches. Against the Giants, 2nd half v Lions, last night I thought we played our best game for the season apart from shitting the bed in the last 4.5 minutes.

Let's see how we go against the Swans, we'll have an 8 day break.

We def have scope for improvement which is actually good news considering the circumstances. A lighter fixture in the second half of the season should put us in good stead come finals. Promising signs.

It’s great isn’t it, he used the word “win”..so he knew we’d win!

For context in the last four weeks we’ve played.

Giants - Flag favourites at the time.
Geelong - 2022 flag.
Pies - 2023 flag.
Melbourne - 2021 flag.

We’ve come out 2-2 without our best team.

Glass half full!

Yep. To top it off, we def had our chances to win both of the games we lost.

Next up, top of the ladder Swannies, 2022 runner-up at the SCG.

We don’t (and never have)thrashed teams neither did the pies in their premiership year.Competition is just too even.

Edit:Excluding kangas/eagles from last two years.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Honestly I think some people are getting caught up in the optics of a win - I.e how convincing it is and how oppo fans here will perceive it.

But **** it I say, a win is a win, 4 points is 4 points and we played some damn good footy for a decent portion of the match anyway against a very good side.

Who give a fats rats what they think.

:plus::four: is all that matters

Again could not get to see the game live, thanks AFL. Excited to hear about our first q, shocked to hear we only held on by a solitary point. Understandable though, with our draw and playing three games in twelve day's. We just ran out of gas. But held on, for the four points.
Crippa was awesome again, Walsh ditto. McGov was very good, makes such a difference to our defence.
Kudos to Pitto, he continues to surprise me with his improvements this season. Two ruck combo, working a treat.
Thought Charlie showed some really good signs, even though beaten by May. Who is a bigger man.
Owies was brilliant and at least Durds got himself more involved.
Eight day break now, most welcome. Then bring on the Swans. SCG should suit our game style.

The way that I see home and away games is that they are just qualifying and ranking games for the real season known as the finals. I don't care how we win on any given week as long as we win enough games to make the finals, once that goal has been realised we need enough wins to finish in the top four.

Cripps Walsh weiters Curnow must be close to the best 4 players we have ever had in a side. By the end of their careers they could/should all be multiple all Australian, b&f winners, hopefully premiership players too
Nope, sorry. Unless you are just talking about the past 15-20 years.

Edit to add, it's difficult to judge things like this before the end of a player's career.

Last edited:
Had Pie fan at work saying I should be ashamed to wear a Carlton beanie today coz we are “cheating scum bags”. I smiled and laughed for 30 secs straight and he kept repeating it. Just walked off laughing without responding. The melts were enough it didn’t need a response. I love my club.
Clearly hate speech.

Report them to HR! 😝

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2024 Rd 9 Blues hold on in 1 point thriller

Back