Preview 2024 Rd 9 Carlton vs Melbourne Thursday 9th May 7:30PM @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team is in …

IN:
Ollie Hollands, Brodie Kemp, Jack Martin, Mitch McGovern
OUT: Zac Williams (glute soreness), David Cuningham, Orazio Fantasia, Lewis Young

Round 9 team v Melbourne
Backs:Brodie KempJacob WeiteringLachie Cowan
Half-backs:Alex CincottaMitch McGovernNic Newman
Centreline:Ollie HollandsPatrick CrippsBlake Acres
Half-forwards:Jack MartinHarry McKayElijah Hollands
Forwards:Matthew OwiesCharlie CurnowTom De Koning
Followers:Marc PittonetSam WalshMatthew Kennedy
Interchange:Jordan BoydAdam CerraMatthew Cottrell
Corey DurdinGeorge Hewett
Emergencies:David CuninghamOrazio FantasiaLewis Young

The scoreboard was the only thing we were close in with both games, completely outplayed by the opposition.
Well that's not true is it. There were various aspects of the game that we absolutely towelled the Cats up in. We were clearly the better team early in the Pies game.

Even if we agree with your premise then the scoreboard is the only arbitrar of success or failure in our game. If we are as bad as you would have us believe and yet so close to toppling teams that are close to premiership favorites then it's not all doom and gloom.

We are a few tweaks off and a few bodies back away from beating anyone, anywhere. It must be hard for some on here to be as pessimistic as they are.

The depth of analysis and content between a win and loss is extreme, always has and will

Even the media, Carlton lose be a kick, " they did X poorly, opposition did Y well".

Win by a kick, reverse analysis
In a parallel universe Cerra gobbles up that clearance ball and feeds it to Walsh who is on his own because Daicos has gone kick chasing. Walsh takes a bounce and roosts it to full forward to whoever was on Frampton at the time. Said player goes back and uses his 30 seconds and goes back and kicks the winning goal, the 8th goal kicked on Frampton for the night.

Media spotlight descends on Daicos' lack of accountability and Fly leaving Frampton to be embarrassed time after time.

It’s not like he’s setting the world on fire down back - in fact a few here suggesting he be dropped this week.

Why not try something like a move to HF / pinch hitting mid?

I’d love to try his dynamism and creativity up forward.
Exactly. Injuries are obviously handicapping us but we’re missing this in the midfield and forward at the moment.

No point playing Martin in the VFL.

And I’d play Marchbank over Kemp. Don’t @ me.

So, for me:

In: Ollie, Marchy, Martin, Gov

Out: Young, Cowan, Durdin, Orazio

It means only one genuine small forward - Owies. But I’m fine with that. Durds especially needs to find his touch in the VFL.

Cowan a bit unlucky. Could also go with dropping Cinc. But I really liked his game on Hill.

Would not drop Williams. I genuinely think he will be better with Gov and Marchy in the team. But, he’s on the thinnest of thin ice.

As for the sub. Well, I’d rather Kennedy be in the 22… so I’d go with Cuners.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good news on the injury front, need to get our best 22 back in and building continuity. Forget their form, they will be rusty, so what, that's better than who we have in. Need to start now.

I'm guessing this will be our side.

McGovern Weitering Newman
Williams Marchbank Boyd
Acres Cripps Hollands
Hollands Curnow Cottrell
Martin McKay Owies
DeKoning Hewett Cerra
Kemp Walsh Kennedy Durdin
Cuningham

IN: McGovern Marchbank Martin Kemp Hollands
OUT: Young Cincotta Cowan Fantasia Pittonet

That's what I think we might go with but I also think we may keep the two ruckmen in the team, even though that isn't working for us. I would be keen to play Kemp on a wing but we should probably try it in the VFL first.

I think it's a decent side. Probably Saad the notable out.

Motlop probably back next week.

Just need to take every opportunity to play our best 22 and try and develop continuity.

Zac Williams as a midfielder has become a bit of a myth just like kemp in the midfield. Look closely at his career the only consistent midfield time he played was a short 5-6 week period towards the end of 2019 where he played ok when the giants had a few first choice mids out injured which is what we mistakenly recruited for.

Running as a winger or midfielder is a completely different type of running compared to playing across halfback.
He has always been a poor runner and still is, I’ve never seen a player with his hands on his hips as much as Williams, he wouldn’t last 5 minutes on a wing the way football is played nowadays where repeat efforts are needed pushing deep in defence then pushing hard forward to lock the ball in.

If Saad was available I doubt Williams is in our best team anymore, Saad for me is better or equal to any small back in the comp, Boyd is better defensively and a better kick and personally I really like cincotta’s competitiveness and he is much better defending when dragged back to the last line than Williams is.

Good news on the injury front, need to get our best 22 back in and building continuity. Forget their form, they will be rusty, so what, that's better than who we have in. Need to start now.

I'm guessing this will be our side.

McGovern Weitering Newman
Williams Marchbank Boyd
Acres Cripps Hollands
Hollands Curnow Cottrell
Martin McKay Owies
DeKoning Hewett Cerra
Kemp Walsh Kennedy Durdin
Cuningham

IN: McGovern Marchbank Martin Kemp Hollands
OUT: Young Cincotta Cowan Fantasia Pittonet

That's what I think we might go with but I also think we may keep the two ruckmen in the team, even though that isn't working for us. I would be keen to play Kemp on a wing but we should probably try it in the VFL first.

I think it's a decent side. Probably Saad the notable out.

Motlop probably back next week.

Just need to take every opportunity to play our best 22 and try and develop continuity.
Lose one from your ins ;)

In a parallel universe Cerra gobbles up that clearance ball and feeds it to Walsh who is on his own because Daicos has gone kick chasing. Walsh takes a bounce and roosts it to full forward to whoever was on Frampton at the time. Said player goes back and uses his 30 seconds and goes back and kicks the winning goal, the 8th goal kicked on Frampton for the night.

Media spotlight descends on Daicos' lack of accountability and Fly leaving Frampton to be embarrassed time after time.
Daicos had already kicked a goal from stoppage. Already had 6 clearances and 31 disposals. Fine if you want to spin it that way why didn't Walsh call someone else over to handle daicos so he could be free. Take Hewett of his less dangerous man or something. If you're on the opponents best player with about 1 minute left at a d50 stoppage you do not let them go free. It's that simple. Nothing else to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back