VFL 2024 - Reserves Game Day discussion Rnds 2 - 21 (Merged threads)

Remove this Banner Ad

It's rare for a strong club to have a poor vfl. Teams that Bob up here and there often have bad vfls. I don't like it as a sign and it's something the club would 100% be somewhat concerned about and probably fixing. Doubt we'll see much difference til next season at this level but wouldn't be surprised if there are some large list changes even among the vfl listed guys. Can't reliably develop talent like this. It's much easier for confidence cohesion and talent to grow in a competitive team. Doesn't have to be good. Just competitive.

Fairly congested and contested game, now it has got wet it's even moreso.

Lord one of the few doing any good. He's a strong contested inside player. Cuningham going ok but looks a fair way off being considered for AFL. Not getting it out in space and has been a little unclean by hand. Akuei having an absolute day out, probably more about them just allowing him to play on no one and sit in the hole but it's been a good game so far from him.

Carroll and Binns have been quieter than you would like to see.

Corey Durdin seems to be staying away from the ball.

Sam Durdin looks like he would be able to play AFL if needed.

Marchbank has done a few nice things but hasn't spent a lot of time on the ground? Just looks like he hasn't been in the play a great deal.

Monahan just doesn't get near it enough.

Moir hasn't touched it. Playing forward and it's not going down there but we need to get him up the ground and into the play, even half back.

Lemmy looks a little improved and bigger and stronger but he doesn't get the footy enough.

We don't look that flash. Forward line not functional and midfield getting beaten and out ran quite badly.

Lets see what the second half brings.

Have been optimistic and looked for positives in him and Lemmey.

Starting to think they just don’t have the investment ( to put it politely)
I think Lemmey shows some good signs, still a way off but has the ability. Moir was the exact same last year in his 18s campaign as he is now, imo he just doesn't have it. Hopefully has a massive off season and comes back a new player but I didn't like his selection at the time and still don't.

Fairly congested and contested game, now it has got wet it's even moreso.

Lord one of the few doing any good. He's a strong contested inside player. Cuningham going ok but looks a fair way off being considered for AFL. Not getting it out in space and has been a little unclean by hand. Akuei having an absolute day out, probably more about them just allowing him to play on no one and sit in the hole but it's been a good game so far from him.

Carroll and Binns have been quieter than you would like to see.

Corey Durdin seems to be staying away from the ball.

Sam Durdin looks like he would be able to play AFL if needed.

Marchbank has done a few nice things but hasn't spent a lot of time on the ground? Just looks like he hasn't been in the play a great deal.

Monahan just doesn't get near it enough.

Moir hasn't touched it. Playing forward and it's not going down there but we need to get him up the ground and into the play, even half back.

Lemmy looks a little improved and bigger and stronger but he doesn't get the footy enough.

We don't look that flash. Forward line not functional and midfield getting beaten and out ran quite badly.

Lets see what the second half brings.
oh you werent lying. Moir literally donuts to half time. Far out

Down 14 to 19 at QT

Who slipped Aliir Aliir into Dom Akuei's jumper? He looks a footballer for the first time ever.

No idea from the team about the last kick inside 50, intercepted time after time. Cooper Lord busy looks an industrious footballer but I think he lacks hurt factor. Should be a valuable 2nds player but I don't she firsts potential except maybe as a two-way player who brings lots of defensive pressure. And that is a type of player we could do with. Those 2 have been our best I think along with Cunners who is easing back into it nicely and Binns who is always busy but again his possessions don't hurt the opposition much. The 2 Durdins doing OK but neither screaming "pick me pick me" for the seniors. Logan Prout probably the pick of the VFL boys. Meanwhile Moir was I think touchless and Monahan only the 1 disposal.

Mirkov dominating the hitouts 11 (plus Akuei has 2) to Richmond stotal of 4.

At this atage only Cunners maybe pressing a case for elevation.
Getting on the front foot and writing off Lord early. Classic BF post. Glad we have some better judges of footy and development staff at the club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Durds done his shoulder again. Has been a dirty season for him.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Might just explain his loss of form. No confidence in his body. Might need the Andrew Walker shoulder op.
Unless we can get his confidence back, it will prove a poor re-signing (sorry Durds, love ya mate)

Might just explain his loss of form. No confidence in his body. Might need the Andrew Walker shoulder op.
Unless we can get his confidence back, it will prove a poor re-signing (sorry Durds, love ya mate)

Agreed. Has been a shadow of the bloke we drafted.

In better news Lemmey has shown something this quarter.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Might also explain the weak tackle efforts and especially the really poor spoiling effort in D50 the other week. Maybe Can't extend the shoulder. Dunno. Problem

Down 2 goals at 3QT 43-55.

Cooper Lord continuing to be very busy, may be our best. Binns busy as usual. Big Durds holding strong in defence. Jack Carroll started getting busy in Q3. No-one really putting their hand up for seniors, Cunners looks to still need some more miles in the legs before being ready for consideration. Game still in the balance.

VFL 2024 - Reserves Game Day discussion Rnds 2 - 21 (Merged threads)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back