VFL 2024 - Reserves Game Day discussion Rnds 2 - 21 (Merged threads)

Remove this Banner Ad

Skill level is deplorable.

I know it’s windy and not the nicest day for footy but the lack of composure/class going forward is evident.

It’s not great that Moir/Lemmey haven’t touched it but the delivery has been putrid

Bloody hard watching two games (10 mins to go U18 match) Ben Campo just had 26th possie. Taking Pitto and Mots out weakens the team dramatically.

Geez Marchy has “beefed up”. Dom looking good behind ball. lord plenty of engagement. Time for some of our youngsters to step up for this one.

Down 14 to 19 at QT

Who slipped Aliir Aliir into Dom Akuei's jumper? He looks a footballer for the first time ever.

No idea from the team about the last kick inside 50, intercepted time after time. Cooper Lord busy looks an industrious footballer but I think he lacks hurt factor. Should be a valuable 2nds player but I don't she firsts potential except maybe as a two-way player who brings lots of defensive pressure. And that is a type of player we could do with. Those 2 have been our best I think along with Cunners who is easing back into it nicely and Binns who is always busy but again his possessions don't hurt the opposition much. The 2 Durdins doing OK but neither screaming "pick me pick me" for the seniors. Logan Prout probably the pick of the VFL boys. Meanwhile Moir was I think touchless and Monahan only the 1 disposal.

Mirkov dominating the hitouts 11 (plus Akuei has 2) to Richmond stotal of 4.

At this atage only Cunners maybe pressing a case for elevation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cooper Lord is a hard nut. Like the look of him.

Corey Durdin can’t get into the game.

Moir might as well not be out there.

We’re missing Billy Wilson down back. Their smalls are killing us at ground level.

Akuei has been excellent - best game for the club (probably too late…)

Mirkov - hasn’t been that bad.

Lemmey remains a work in progress… I suppose. But he has zero presence.

Carroll and Cunners are both too good for this level, but they can’t do it on their own.

Binns - typical Binns game. I feel we have seen his ceiling and it’s not that high.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Wet Q2 the Tigers handled better. Goalless quarter for us down 16-35 at half time. With the weather and Tigers running the ball in more Akuei's intercept opportunities dried up, but he is still one of our better players. Big Durds stood up in defence, Lord Binns and Cunners also handy, Cunners more class than quality.

Jesse Motlop and Marc Pittonet held over

TEAM-SELECTION-SQUARE.png

Voss: “we need to see a little bit more form from Jesse”

So what do we do? Not play him.

Unless he’s a ‘late in’, this is a disappointing strategy with him imo.

If he needs game time then give him it. He’s too important a player for us.

Richmond have 29 AFL/VFL listed players unavailable, had to sign up players during the week…
The way they have played, pressured, positioned, defended and ran the ball you would have thought it was us who was decimated by injuries…
Outplayed by a fair amount of suburban footballers who have looked great and showed more football ability than our team so far, very ordinary viewing so far…

Remove this Banner Ad

VFL 2024 - Reserves Game Day discussion Rnds 2 - 21 (Merged threads)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back