VFL 2024 - Reserves Game Day discussion Rnds 2 - 21 (Merged threads)

Remove this Banner Ad

Binnsy on the sidelines saying plan was to hold them in Q3 and comeat them in the last. Not going to plan so far, but at least we've got value for our forward entries the quarter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This a pathetic performance. Marchbank won't be on an AFL list next year

Yeah I think all the missed footy from injuries has finally taken its toll on him and he can no longer play to the level needed.

Also I think it’s safe to say Mirkov will be delisted at the end of the year. He has been thrashed by someone 14cm shorter.

Whilst not playing today, Sam Durdin has to go at the end of the year as well as he is always injured.

Fair to say nobody pushing their claims today except Carroll. Binns and Wilson both played ok but not enough for selection.

Motlop has been invisible, Corey Durdin so-so and Lewis Young has had a mixed bag of good and bad moments as per normal.

The other youngsters have had some good moments but are all still very much works in progress currently.

If you’re wondering why we went with Cooper Lord over a tall or a speedy flanker, look at this game. Our VFL can’t develop without a half decent midfield. Playing Durdin and Motlop in there isn’t the answer. They need to get touch playing their AFL role.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

We will be on the bottom of the ladder after this. And, frankly, we deserve to be.

Half of our problem is that our VFL list is sub par, full of blokes who can’t hit a target. Couple that with out of form AFL players, and here we are.

At least Carroll got a run.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
It's a worry as most top sides generally have a highly competitive VFL side . The program definitely needs more attention

The thing I always wonder when watching the VFL is how much of the poor play is as a result of being not very good vs how much is a result of being fundamentally selfish individuals looking out for their own career.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I don't think they are fundamentally selfish. I think it's more a case of the club being in two minds about how to manage certain players - 'am I wanted or aren't I?' It kind of predictable really; losing players from the VFL, injuries and perhaps just now transitioning to a longer term list management strategy.

Down 47-89 at 3QT would have to turn things around massively but if we want it we have a big superiority in talent. Effort and desire are another matter. Carroll far and away the best AFL-listed player out there, Binns quiet by his standards but one of our best still, Billy Wilson and Corey Durdin showing something. On the other hand Motlop has been abyssmal and the big defenders Young and especially Marchbank badly beaten. I see Young has been thrown forward for the last quarter.

Remove this Banner Ad

VFL 2024 - Reserves Game Day discussion Rnds 2 - 21 (Merged threads)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back