VFL 2024 - Reserves Game Day discussion Rnds 2 - 21 (Merged threads)

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s a hard watch , so many afl listed players and we look disinterested
The AFL-listed count is 11, with fitness or endurance base being an issue for 4 of them, and body strength being an issue for another 3... it's not a team that's going to assert itself unless there's very clean skills and good game understanding.

Our gameplan strives for contests.
If you’re wondering why we went with Cooper Lord over a tall or a speedy flanker, look at this game. Our VFL can’t develop without a half decent midfield. Playing Durdin and Motlop in there isn’t the answer. They need to get touch playing their AFL role.
Honestly, Motlop should be part of the answer, but yes we're currently trying to turn a lot of forwards into midfielders.

Finally start to rack up scores...

Can't help but notice that Harvey creates more effective clearances than Mirkov.
El Hawli played and had 25 disposals for Essendon,, just saying.
Most aren't though.

We will be on the bottom of the ladder after this. And, frankly, we deserve to be.

Half of our problem is that our VFL list is sub par, full of blokes who can’t hit a target. Couple that with out of form AFL players, and here we are.

At least Carroll got a run.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

It's a worry as most top sides generally have a highly competitive VFL side . The program definitely needs more attention

It also doesn’t help that the AFL senior player injury list is consistently in double digits.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carrol has played well, obviously a level above most out there, but that is it......

Young, Marchbank, Mirkov, and Durdin just not up to it and all very much delistable at the end of the year.

I'd be having a chat to Haynes from the Giants, good cheap and reliable back up.

Motlop needs some more game time; Binns and Wilson need time' not sure about Lemmy

I don't think they are fundamentally selfish. I think it's more a case of the club being in two minds about how to manage certain players - 'am I wanted or aren't I?' It kind of predictable really; losing players from the VFL, injuries and perhaps just now transitioning to a longer term list management strategy.

Binns just runs 100m to get a handball in the clear but instead his teammate burns him and bombs it straight to two Bullants players. Is it:
1) I’m too dumb to see my teammate
2) I want to get the inside 50 kick and maybe a goal assist if I’m lucky that another teammate happens to do something freakish?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

VFL 2024 - Reserves Game Day discussion Rnds 2 - 21 (Merged threads)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back