2024 Rolling ALL-Australian Team

Remove this Banner Ad

I think it’s beyond doubt that we need to find room for Neale in the team, but where and who for? Since round 9 would have 4-5 best in grounds.
Lachie goes under the radar, not a flashy player like a Cripps. Reminds me of Simon Black in that he just doesn't quite get the same recognition as others, despite playing better or equal.

I'd encourage people to compare his stats to Cripps, who many are regarding as the Brownlow favourite this year. They're basically dead equal, minus 1 point here or there for either player.

Team bias aside, he just has to be in.

Lachie goes under the radar, not a flashy player like a Cripps. Reminds me of Simon Black in that he just doesn't quite get the same recognition as others, despite playing better or equal.

I'd encourage people to compare his stats to Cripps, who many are regarding as the Brownlow favourite this year. They're basically dead equal, minus 1 point here or there for either player.

Team bias aside, he just has to be in.
Not saying he doesn't deserve a spot in the team but statistically Neale's behind Cripps in nearly every important category for an inside mid. Goal assists being the only one I can see that sticks out by a fair margin in Neale's favour.

I'd assume Cripps will be into the top 3-4 for coaches votes from this round too, Neale still a wrung below after a clear 10 today.

Not saying he doesn't deserve a spot in the team but statistically Neale's behind Cripps in nearly every important category for an inside mid. Goal assists being the only one I can see that sticks out by a fair margin in Neale's favour.

I'd assume Cripps will be into the top 3-4 for coaches votes from this round too, Neale still a wrung below after a clear 10 today.
I should have added that I wasn't advocating he is having a better season than Cripps, I don't believe so. Was just one of the closer comparisons, especially to someone who is a "lock".

Issue for Neale is he started slow, as the whole team did at 2-5 but clearly has got going and provided he keeps pace, really shouldn't be missing.

I should have added that I wasn't advocating he is having a better season than Cripps, I don't believe so. Was just one of the closer comparisons, especially to someone who is a "lock".

Issue for Neale is he started slow, as the whole team did at 2-5 but clearly has got going and provided he keeps pace, really shouldn't be missing.
With a few more weeks of stellar performances Neale could definitely find himself in the mix but right now I think there's a few too many ahead of him.

Just off the top of my head - Bontempelli, Cripps, Daicos, Heeney, Warner, Gulden, Merrett, Serong

With a few more weeks of stellar performances Neale could definitely find himself in the mix but right now I think there's a few too many ahead of him.

Just off the top of my head - Bontempelli, Cripps, Daicos, Heeney, Warner, Gulden, Merrett, Serong
The Swans won't have 3 players in the midfield, especially now that they've come back to the pack a bit.

Yes he is bench at best I’d say at the moment but maybe deserves more, it may depend on where they finish as they will reward a top 4 side for sure and not many around him will challenge for a spot apart from Daniher and Andrews.

He wasn’t all Australian last year right? And he won the Brownlow, statistically probably on track for a better year than last.

Neale, Viney, Anderson all top 8 Brownlow and not in the All Australian team. Maybe it’s another year for the winner to not be in the team if Heeney gets rubbed out.

Goals and Assists round 17:

1. Charlie Curnow 59 (46/13)
2. Jesse Hogan 50 (41/9)
3. Jeremy Cameron 46 (33/13)
4. Josh Treacy 45 (35/10)
5. Ben King 44 (43/1)/Harry McKay (39/5)/Kyle Langford (33/11)/Tyson Stengle (31/13)
9. Jake Waterman 43 (39/4)/Joe Daniher (32/11)/Dylan Moore (26/17)/Marcus Bontempelli (24/19)

Curnow 9 ahead of second and 13 ahead of third is ridiculous.

Goals and Assists round 17:

1. Charlie Curnow 59 (46/13)
2. Jesse Hogan 50 (41/9)
3. Jeremy Cameron 46 (33/13)
4. Josh Treacy 45 (35/10)
5. Ben King 44 (43/1)/Harry McKay (39/5)/Kyle Langford (33/11)/Tyson Stengle (31/13)
9. Jake Waterman 43 (39/4)/Joe Daniher (32/11)/Dylan Moore (26/17)/Marcus Bontempelli (24/19)

Curnow 9 ahead of second and 13 ahead of third is ridiculous.
And he's somehow been pretty ordinary most of the year. Bizarre season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes he is bench at best I’d say at the moment but maybe deserves more, it may depend on where they finish as they will reward a top 4 side for sure and not many around him will challenge for a spot apart from Daniher and Andrews.

He wasn’t all Australian last year right? And he won the Brownlow, statistically probably on track for a better year than last.
I just had a look at Neales stats compared to last year. Hes averaging more disposals, goal assists, score involvements, tackles and marks on last year. He is quite low clangers amongst his peers and is second for goal assists in the whole comp. His ball use has got better while still being one of the best contested and clearance players.

Overall he is having a better year than last year and hence Brownlow predictor has him top 3 again.

He should definitely be in the mix again for both AA and isnt that far off a chance at being a triple Brownlow medallist. Having a very underrated year

I just had a look at Neales stats compared to last year. Hes averaging more disposals, goal assists, score involvements, tackles and marks on last year. He is quite low clangers amongst his peers and is second for goal assists in the whole comp. His ball use has got better while still being one of the best contested and clearance players.

Overall he is having a better year than last year and hence Brownlow predictor has him top 3 again.

He should definitely be in the mix again for both AA and isnt that far off a chance at being a triple Brownlow medallist. Having a very underrated year
Wild to think Neale might end up with as many (or more) Brownlow's as Ablett, Dangerfield, Pendlebury, Selwood, Bontempelli and Petracca combined.

I really hope Jesse Hogan can kick a few more bags over the coming weeks and be rewarded with his first All Australian selection. He is clearly one of the best forwards in the AFL this year. In my mind (in all the games I've seen anyway) he has been the BEST forward. Better than Curnow, Daniher, Treacy, Waterman, King, Cameron and McKay.

Another good game on the weekend from Dylan Moore for a struggling team that was soundly beaten by the Cats and struggled to get any sort of flow going. One of the few Hawks who could hold his head high.

26 disposals,
2 goals (plus another goal which was overturned on replay... touched off the boot.)
2 goal assists
7 score involvements
559 metres gained.

Tyson Stengle, the AA forward pocket elect was surprisingly subdued when you consider the Geelong small forwards had a picnic with Dempsey, Close and Miers doing as they pleased and strolling into open goals.

Izak Rankine could be facing another 2-3 weeks on the sidelines which will put him close to the threshold of AA disqualification due to missing too many games.

2024 Rolling ALL-Australian Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back